Project: P5 Rescue! making a clean Daily from two cars.

Cause stripping the tires and remounting cost money lol..
Prob $100 to have them rebalanced. For winter its not a big deal.
If thw tires come off in a couple years its not a big deal to touch up one or two little spots though. For whatever reason they didn't ask where I wanted the weights like with my rays.

Unfortunatley weather moving in and she wants them on now. So ill have to finish them another time.
But the gloss black looks alright for primer luls.

for those who thought it might be a worthwhile trip to bc to get a clean p5 shell.. well mine is for sale.. i put her back to stock with a new clutch and new brakes. the hatch has a dent in it now but thats a fairly easy fix.

well no bites at $2000... so im gonna get the msp back on the road this week and take the p5 apart to fix the trans. I think it has a input shaft bearing on the way out. not grindy or bad, but at 2000 rpm no matter what gear at light load it will rattle. ill just take it out, change both bearings on the input shaft, paint a new hatch as i dented this one, paint a hood perhaps.. and double the price.

Wow, crazy you're not getting anything at $2000. I sold mine for $2300 really quickly with a decent bit of (half-assed repaired) rust.

The trans rattled. I didnt wanna spend time on fixing it i ended up letting it go for $1600. But its ok. I only paid $300 for it lol. Lots of effort put into it but its done now. Car is gone, got my msp rims and people paid and up to date.
I might get another one sometime ir import an awd one. Having two cars a little bit of a pain so ill just makr the msp better for now.

Have to ballance time vs money. I really do weigh the cost of every hour of timr, every trip to the store for parts ect ect all he $10-20 things add up without realizing. Even a trip to the store costs $5 realistically. In this context, $1600 was just fine.

Last edited:
Back