Project Cosmo 20B rebuild thread

"Eunos Cosmo the true home of the 20B Turbo Triple Rotor " (fu)

YEH BABY!

Kramer

Off to Rotorstock next Saturday,, a yearly Rotary car event here in the UK,, have to show these RX boys what a Cosmo looks like,, had some new number plates made with a little slogan at the bottom,, I have not taken a picture but this is what it says " Eunos Cosmo the true home of the 20B Turbo Triple Rotor " that should upset those RX7 boys that have nicked our engines (evil)

keep watching out for updates,, oh and the car sounds awesome at higher revs,, I will have to post a vid soon

Nothing like a little friendly rivalry...Eunos Cosmo Owners do think alike...Haha...Rock on, Frank! (rockon)

Would LOVE to see Pics & Vids of your Cosmo and of Rotorstock...Can't wait! :D

Rororstock 9 has been and gone and it was a fantastic day, approximately 120 rotaries all in one place,, 99.9% were RX7's and RX8's
just 2 Cosmos there mine and one other,, weather was scorching hot,, lots of people walking around with sun burn,, my Cosmo was looking sharp and was creating a lot of interest especially when the hood was popped and the 20b was on show,, we had some people judging the cars and the Cosmo came away with a trophy,, I have only taken her to 2 shows and have come back with 2 trophies,, pretty good return and always nice to see your hard work of cleaning and polishing has been appreciated,, I will get some pictures posted up soon,, no vids though (sorry Antoine)

however spoke to another Cosmo owner who is turning his Cosmo in to a monster drag car (street legal) it has been PP'd with 2 whopping turbos ,, he is estimating 1200+ BHP,, can't wait to see it on the strip

Thanks for the update and congrats on the trophy, Frank! (2thumbs)

Lookin' forward to your pics...:D

cosmoshow2_zps1eba9543.jpg

cosmoshow_zps5db8743b.jpg

Hi All
eventually getting around to posting some pictures From the Rotorstock show I went to in August,, these of my Cosmo were taken by the official show photogapher,, I wil get around to download some of the pictures I took of other the other Rotary cars at the show
Frank

Thanks for all the posotive comments guys,, I have to say the pictures did not do the car justice she was gleamng on the day and attracted a lot of interest,, still quite surprised how many rotary car owners did not know what a Cosmo was or even looked like,, they do now !!

Last edited:
(lol)(lol)(lol)
I do feel sorry for you Ant as at least when I am having Cosmo withdrawl symptons I can just go in the garage and play about,, you dont have that luxury with yours being thousands of miles away,, makes the trips home that much sweeter I suppose

Frank

Thanks for sharing some shots from the show, Frank...You've got your Cosmo shining, wow that red really pops...What a beaut!

Also, your Cosmo is looking sharp with those modern 5 spoke rims...(2thumbs).

Thanks Antoine,, the 19" rims do fill the arches better,, still not decided if I should paint the spokes gold or leave them well alone
when I get the side skirts fitted I will look at getting a photoshop done and see what I prefer,,

I have not been out in the car for a few weeks as I am suffering with sciatica at the moment and driving is painful

Since my last post I have been spending some money,, firstly I have bought a Red genuine 20b rolling shell,, and when I say a shell I mean a shell,, no interior whatsoever no engine or gearbox but the body panels are mint, it also at some point had the dealer bodykit but has been removed apart from the rear mudflaps and the rear spoiler complete with built in stop light,, so now I can do a trunk lid swap to see if I like it with or without the rear spoiler rather than drilling holes,,

2nd on the buying list is a Motec M600 ECU, got this baby for 40% less than retail ready for when we go manaul, talking of which I am in the process of trying to secure one at the moment so watch this space

Frank

Speaking of manual - are you interested in my setup? I have decided to build up the auto.

The M600 is a sweet ECU but I thought that we needed the M800?

Hi Berty

It was my engine builder and tuner that hooked me up,, his words,, it is the rolls royce of ECU's and will do everything we want it to do,, who am I to argue!!

let me come back to you on te manual,, what you doing with the auto then?

Yeah, FC gearbox with a specifically modified shifter for the JC.

I am going with a built auto now.

Latest posts

Back