Profec B Spec II Settings Library

I figured out how that limiter works. I took the advice of that VW guy and I used his settings. My car pushes a solid 7.5 PSI most of the time. It was spiking to 8.8 PSI or so when I had my limiter set to 99%. It was pretty erratic, it even got to 9.5 one time, I think. I lowered the limiter to 20%, and I haven't gone over about 8.3-8.5 since then. It also seems to be a smoother boost curve and more consistent. I am still fine tuning, but I really appreciate everyone posting these settings. I want about 7.5-8PSI for my low boost setting, and 11PSI or so for my high. How high have people been safely going without extra injectors or blowing their engine to pieces? I only have an Injen CAI and Greddy exhaust for the moment. I have the Flying Miata FM clamp/O2 signal modifier, and MPI tuner waiting to be installed and tuned. I also have a J-pipe and mid-pipe section in the works for the coming weeks. I had hardpipes with an HKS BOV, but that was removed to buy this stuff. I will get a FMIC and bigger radiator when I hit the lotto...haha!

Thanks!

The limiter adjusts the amount of boost once the unit detects that you have hit the warning indicator. That is, if your warning is set at 8.5psi and your limiter is set at 99%, then once the unit hits the 8.5 it will cut 99% of the units boost essentially returning you to stock boost. I really don't see how this setting can be related to spiking though?

How about I bring this thread back to life to help me out :)

I just got the EBC and am going to install it this weekend or next.

Has anyone found good settings? I want to run 8psi for setting 1 and 9.5 for setting 2.

Thanks,
Ryan

i just got this BC as well and i want to run 8.5 and 10
my mods are catless dp ->back, injen, upgraded SMIC.
any ideas please?

You guys are just going to have to play with it. The settings will all be different depending on your mods. That is, 8.5psi will be different for everyone. (go figure, our boost amounts are all different) But setting this thing takes time, a lot of it.

Stormtrooper77 said:
You guys are just going to have to play with it. The settings will all be different depending on your mods. That is, 8.5psi will be different for everyone. (go figure, our boost amounts are all different) But setting this thing takes time, a lot of it.
thanx man, i think i have figured already that it is going to take a whole lot of time, i am probably gonna have to wait for school break untill i even attempt to install this thing. Do you have any advices for someone who hasnt done this b4?

Make sure your EBC is switched over to PSI mode. Also, depending on the temperature you will have slightly adjust your gain and set gain. Make sure all the plastic covers are off the valve and your COM and NO ports are the only ones with the vacuum lines.

For 8.5 PSI :
12% Set Boost
25-30% Gain
45-50 Set Gain

For 9.5-10 psi:
18% Set Boost
30-35% Gain
68-72 Set Gain

JDM Sam said:
Make sure your EBC is switched over to PSI mode. Also, depending on the temperature you will have slightly adjust your gain and set gain. Make sure all the plastic covers are off the valve and your COM and NO ports are the only ones with the vacuum lines.

For 8.5 PSI :
12% Set Boost
25-30% Gain
45-50 Set Gain

For 9.5-10 psi:
18% Set Boost
30-35% Gain
68-72 Set Gain
(cool) thank you, i really appreciate this. i am going to use your settings as a base and then do some fine-tuning from there.

whats a good setting for 9 psi?
mods:downpipe back exhuast.
this is for my friends car, we tryed everything up to set 30% and it wouldnt hold over 6 psi. is the greddy ebc's built in boost gauge off a lil bit ? cuz he doesnt have a boost gauge. i suggested him to get one. with the ebc off its holding 5.3psi which is really low. i have similar mods and mine holds 6.5-7. i know our stock boost is not the same but the lowest ive seen is 5.5 and that was without an exhuast. so im guessing thers no way his boosting 5.3 with the exhuast.
oh and what are the white plugs that u guys are talking about? is it on the actualy solenoid in the engine bay ?

Fai said:
anyone have boost setting for running catless and injen??

For catless, injen, smic -
For 8.0 PSI :
11% Set Boost
28% Gain
47 Set Gain
this is the low setting, havent had a change to tune the high setting yet.

well I have a cai, downpipe, ngk copper plugs and am in the process of getting a new intercooler and a chip for the engine. I run right now around 8.5-10psi, but I need to know the set up for 12psi when I get there.

you are not going to want to run that much boost with out tuning the car. You are going to be running a little lean if not really lean. i would not recommend upping the boost until you can change air fuel ratios and timing for those bigger boost numbers.

what kind of chip are you getting? I would run over 9psi without forged internals if I were you. Management or not!

Back