"Service Past Due" message appears (CX-5 2019)

Does anyone know why this message started appearing on my Mazda CX-5 2019 only when I turn it on in the morning?
Is there a way to clear it and not let it appear anymore?
I serviced the car last month at the dealership.
When I go into the setting it shows there is no service that is due and under the Warnings setting it says "no warnings found".

Thank you for any insight.

Attachments

• tempImageestu4l.png
    tempImageestu4l.png
    335.6 KB · Views: 102
  • tempImage1Ov4Yh.png
    tempImage1Ov4Yh.png
    218.9 KB · Views: 78
  • tempImagex22VfW.png
    tempImagex22VfW.png
    266.8 KB · Views: 78
They may have forgotten to reset it. I think there is a way to DIY, but I am not the one to tell you as I have not researched it.

I don't know why it does that but our 2019 signature does the same thing. Shows random "service due" messages only on startup until the infotainment system boots up. Doesn't do it all the time, just randomly. Has done it since the first service interval reset.

To me, it feels like a software bug.

Just select it with the commander knob and select 'Reset" or something similar.

I don't go by the car computer, I use my spreadsheet.

Just select it with the commander knob and select 'Reset" or something similar.

I don't go by the car computer, I use my spreadsheet.
Yeah, it's not that easy. It's some kind of bug in the software. Like @rockpaul said, everything shows properly in the "maintenance" section of infotainment, it's just an occasional momentary message in instrument cluster section during startup.

What about the second menu? There are two where reset" is available. I always reset both.

I don't know why it does that but our 2019 signature does the same thing. Shows random "service due" messages only on startup until the infotainment system boots up. Doesn't do it all the time, just randomly. Has done it since the first service interval reset.

To me, it feels like a software bug.
Interesting! definitely an annoying bug. It makes feel worried or guilty for not doing the proper maintenance.

Yeah, it's not that easy. It's some kind of bug in the software. Like @rockpaul said, everything shows properly in the "maintenance" section of infotainment, it's just an occasional momentary message in instrument cluster section during startup.
Exactly! I tried everything I know to get it cleared but it won’t let me select anything when you first turn on the car.

This happened to me on my 2018 CX-9. In short the dashboard has a service interval computer that sometimes get out of sync from the media system computer. There is a seperate procedure to reset it that dealers can use. This happened to me almost immediately after having the oil change done, i called a dealer and the told me the procedure over the phone.

I don’t know if this apply to your model, but here is my original post with the procedure for my 2018 CX-9.
Post in thread 'Wrench light on'
https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/wrench-light-on.123876126/post-6735837

Does anyone know why this message started appearing on my Mazda CX-5 2019 only when I turn it on in the morning?
Is there a way to clear it and not let it appear anymore?
I serviced the car last month at the dealership.
When I go into the setting it shows there is no service that is due and under the Warnings setting it says "no warnings found".

Thank you for any insight.
In your first picture , there is a stalk coming out of the cluster, above (and slightly to the left) of the right most display that shows the past due message. (It's to the right of the speedo display).
I don't remember the exact procedure, but you need to press and hold in that stalk for about 10 seconds to reset everything re: maintenance reminders. Hopefully the process is somewhere in the user manual.

This happened to me on my 2018 CX-9. In short the dashboard has a service interval computer that sometimes get out of sync from the media system computer. There is a seperate procedure to reset it that dealers can use. This happened to me almost immediately after having the oil change done, i called a dealer and the told me the procedure over the phone.

I don’t know if this apply to your model, but here is my original post with the procedure for my 2018 CX-9.
Thank you I will give it a shot.

In your first picture , there is a stalk coming out of the cluster, above (and slightly to the left) of the right most display that shows the past due message. (It's to the right of the speedo display).
I don't remember the exact procedure, but you need to press and hold in that stalk for about 10 seconds to reset everything re: maintenance reminders. Hopefully the process is somewhere in the user manual.
Okay I will try find that and do that thank you.

What about the second menu? There are two where reset" is available. I always reset both.

**** EDITED to say, OPE! I spoke to soon. *** .....

This did NOT fix the random "service due" messages in my dash speedo area display. It returned this morning as usual only on the first startup.

IMG_20231203_100758~2.jpg

Original Post : ...

Leared a new thing 🤔 thanks 👍. Holding the dimmer stalk procedure seemed to work as described by @youri :

--------------
Screenshot_20231202-092131~2.png

-----------------------

It seems to have also reset my oil life monitor in the infotainment system as well. Funny/odd this isn't a two way street where the infotainment reset takes care of the PCM as well 🤷‍♂️. Next oil change, I'll try just this stalk method to confirm it resets both.

Thanks everyone for the topic conversation. I'm glad to solve [edited: NOT solved] a minor "irritant" nuisance bug.

Last edited:
**** EDITED my ^^^ above ^^^ message to say, OPE! I spoke to soon. *** .....

This did NOT fix the random "service due" messages in my dash speedo area display. It returned this morning as usual only on the first startup.

@cz5gt , @youri , @Buzzman12

You have a different dasboard than mine. Mine is similar to the OP, this may be a reason. Also do you have the maintenance interval set to regular intervals or is it set to the “smart/flexible” interval. I think i remember seeing people on here having this type of issue with the flexible maintenance interval.

Back