price of m5

No diss on anyone, Sir Nuke. I respect what everyone had to say. And I apologize for any insinuation I may have made that indicated a offhand dismissal of anyone's opinions. No personal defamation was intended. I simply think that this thread's subject matter was rife with potential for excess flammage, that's all.

On a personal note: I probably paid more for my P5 than anyone here did for theirs - $20 K, out the door (including the $1,400 sales tax and $200+ license). But that was a decision I made in order to expedite and get on down the road. I spent a total of 15 minutes with the salesman, 20 in finance. I know the tricks, avoided the battles and useless options and had delivery immediately. That was worth it to me.

Re: My point-

I simply ask you where you were doing your deal at because I live near you and you shot back "hehe wont tell you who i dealt with-did like 2 weeks research to get the prices that low-you can do the same thing as i did, call around-hours and hours at a car dealer " and ALL I wanted to do was try to help you out....what YOU did was thumbing your nose at not only me...but the rest of us.

and guess what....I have the eching on my windows...and ya know what? I DIDN'T PAY A DIME FOR IT...cause I didn't ask for it...and it was the deal breaker...and told them so....same goes for the pinstriping...Gillman has a real professional come in and pinstrip all their cars and he does a SERIOUSLY nice job too....and I didn't ask for that...NOR did I pay for it...I did my homework...and only paid a total of $450 over the invoice for TWO cars. not ONE.....

Syzygy....no offence taken...didn't even feel anywhere near dissed.....just after reading your post...felt like you were off the track of why so many were P.O'ed. it had NOTHING to do with her getting a good deal.....in general I am for ANYONE and ANY TIME taking a car dealer to the cleaners...and even if they get a better deal than I did....I will cheer them on...and root for them...and more power to them.....but don't get down on me and act like I don't know my butt from a hole on the ground and act like I am trying to cash in on " ALL HER HARD WORK" that is total BS.

Christie - I'm not going to get involved in your little spat, so I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I'm a girl who's been into cars for the past 6 years, and I can honestly say that no one has ever underestimated me or misjudged me because of my gender. Frankly, you reap what you sow. I don't think these guys were reacting to you the way they did because you're a female. I just think your attitude about the whole sharing information bit was what put everyone off. We are here, after all to be helpfull to one another, not competitive.

If you keep blaming your gender for why people reacted to your post, then you're simply perpetuating a myth that's been gone for a while now. I think men are intelligent enough to have learned to respect women's involvement in even the most unconventional settings. So please, next time something like this happens, don't make it a feminist issue. It isn't. It was all about the attitude, which boils down to you alone.

BTW, I paid 18, out the door in California. Got everything (moonroof, automatic, auto armor coat, etc.) except the cd changer since I'm going to get my sound system done anyway. I wonder if there's confusion between American and Canadian dollars in this discussion. Could that be the case of the great differences everyone paid for their cars?:confused:

adragonfly,

My wife just happened to be looking over my shoulder as I was reading your excellent post and said that you are right on. Thanks for setting things straight.

Sir Nuke said:
Syzygy.... you missed the whole point that got this heated....I simply ask her where she had made this great deal at...with the intention of attempting to help her out by giving her ANOTHER in at a dealer that is very close to her....but NOOOOOOOOO she flaunted it in all our faces that she wasn't saying anything and if WE wanted to get a good deal that WE should do our OWN homework...that SHE worked for two weeks to get where she was at and she wasn't going to let anyone in on where she was getting her car...

sorta goes aginst the entire purpose of the board to begin with...we are here to HELP one another...not thumb our noses at the others. Which she did.

I hope she does get a great deal....we all deserve to get a good deal.....I got JUST as good a deal on both of the P-5's I got in december PLUS 0% financing.....SO....there ya go....THAT is why people are pissed off...NOT because she is getting a good deal...we never said she wasn't......she brought this on with her "holyer than thou" attitude.

People tend to get a little bent when you try to do something nice for them and they slap you in the face.

Nuke...just look where she is from...that is where Her behavior came from.

adragonfly said:
BTW, I paid 18, out the door in California. Got everything (moonroof, automatic, auto armor coat, etc.) except the cd changer since I'm going to get my sound system done anyway. I wonder if there's confusion between American and Canadian dollars in this discussion. Could that be the case of the great differences everyone paid for their cars?:confused:

Dragonfly, THANK YOU. your post was RIGHT ON THE MONEY.

as as far as your second post about whether or not its US or Canadian dollars....the entire hoo rah rah has never been about what anyone actually paid for their ride..or what christy will or will not pay for hers.....as I stated...your first post was right on. and THANK YOU for stating so. for it has NOTHING to do with christy being a woman...nothing at all.

vkyolv I don't and won't give anyone an excuse to act like that just because where they are from....but I hear ya dude. As I stated in an earlier post..."WHAT GOES AROUND....COMES AROUND".....she will learn some day.....just to bad it has to be the hard way and not learn from other peoples mistakes.

adragonfly,

You Rule..

Christy / everyone else:

Please understand this. The cost of life and vehicles varies gratly based off of your location. A P5 in New Your City is going to easily cost 3-5% more than one in Small Town, USA. The price of a p5 is 3 - 4% higher in south florida than it is in north florida. This is totally demografics.

- miker

Is it really worth trying to explain all this to her? Next we'll get a speech on how she talked her landlord down to "xxx" dollars a month.

I live on Long Island, in New York, Christy. This is one of the most expensive places in the US to live, if not THE most expensive. Gas is almost $1.60/gallon regular 87 octane. Cigarettes are $5.50 a pack ($7 in machines). My electric bill in a one-bedroom apartment can easily be $50/ month in the WINTER. Most apartments here are well over $1000/month - one bedroom. My parents pay over $16,000/year in real estate taxes for an ACRE of land.

Are you starting to understand how your price comparisons are only valid when the comparison is to your next door neighbor? The car dealers here have electric bills, and real estate taxes, too you know. They have salaries to pay. And those salaries have to be higher than other parts of the country, because it's so damn expensive here. What are your dealer's labor rates for repairs? It's $77/hour around here. Is this sinking in at all?

I'm not complaining about the cost of living here - I manage just fine. But I am complaining about your ignorance to the big world you live in - and not realizing that the price of everything, including cars, is relative to the cost of living of the area in which it's sold. Texas ain't the only state on the map.

Glad we got things straight guys! I live in L.A., which is a lot like living in NY, pricewise. Everything is so expensive here!

adragonfly said:
Glad we got things straight guys! I live in L.A., which is a lot like living in NY, pricewise. Everything is so expensive here!

Don't I know it...lol I have lived in MANY of the places you guys and gals have spoken of...and KNOW>......I have lived in south florida....I have lived in New York....I have lived just north of Frisco....and in the Puget Sound area...and a lot of places inbetween......it greatly varries.....and ya just gotta deal with it.

there was a guy that OBVIOUSLY had the bucks...but actally made a deal over the phone here with a local dealer...and it was so much cheaper here than in California he actually flew here....made the deal...and drove his car back....I can't imagine doing that...but I guess if its economically cheaper....why not. Just seemed like a big pain in the butt to me.

HiHo....to answer your question...NO...its OBVIOUSLY NOT worth it. She hasn't listened from the beginning anyway. its why she thinks it all has to do with her being a woman...or the price of her car, or should I say the one she is making a deal on......but in reality its hasn't had anything to do with any of those things at all.

quotes-

sir nuke-please dont do me any favors, I am in the MIDDLE of a great deal between to competeing dealers-which i have repeated over and over (and once more for good measure), if i did tell you who i was dealing with well, if anyone else was looking to buy a P5 near houston or like you said flew in and bought one from farther away(and from the other threads i see there are planty of houstonians), well wouldnt that just screw my dealings if someone ran over to one of the dealers and bought 1 of the cars...did ya ever think of that?? I read all the threads on the "general" topics and I have seen a handful of ppl looking to purchase or where looking to on the P5 boards alone.

Sexism? Need examples?? On this thread alone-
"And since you are a girl, just wait till the paperwork starts flying..."- Grim013
"I'm not going to take sales advice from a 20 year old broad.-Miker"

"there is a thing called KARMA....good and bad....believe me...it WILL come back to haunt you."-sir nuke
now Im going to hell because I wont tell you who Im dealing with?? sounds pretty petty to me.

"...and the total for all the options is about $2000 - if you pay full price, which you shouldn't"-hihoslva
you meant $4,000, right??-with the price list it comes to be a little under $4k, not sure if they were msrp or invoice, will have to find the paperwork to see which one i copied in my previous reply.

"..and act like I am trying to cash in on " ALL HER HARD WORK" that is total BS."-sir nuke
Are you going to guarantee no one else wont?? remember these are Public boards.

"..If you keep blaming your gender for why people reacted to your post, then you're simply perpetuating a myth that's been gone for a while now. I think men are intelligent enough to have learned to respect women's involvement in even the most unconventional settings."
obviously you need to take a good look at the quotes above. stop your "think"ing. If you had Actually read the replies then you would have noticed the above quotes. You have now met at least one shovinist on this small world.

"Nuke...just look where she is from...that is where Her behavior came from."-vkyolv
what the hell are you talking about?? Nuke, you and i are all in texas.

"A P5 in New Your City is going to easily cost 3-5% more than one in Small Town, USA."-grim013
I live in houston, tx is that considered small town, usa?

"My electric bill in a one-bedroom apartment can easily be $50/ month in the WINTER. Most apartments here are well over $1000/month - one bedroom"-hihoslva
houston's not a cheapskate city either. there are plenty of apartments here well over $1k and $50 on electric sounds damn good to me, i used to pay $80-100 on mine.

As for someone mentioning CAN vs US currency, maybe thats why such a big price diff:
IL
MS
CA
MS
VA
CA
CA
TX
TX
Az
OH
CA
TX
NY
Syzygy loc??
Grim013 loc??
whitezoomzoom loc??
(these are all the posters on this thread so far, not sure if some are repeats from same ppl, but no canadians as you can see)

:( :mad: :(

hey...mostly just surf this area......thinking it was time to put in my 2 cents

when did this become an a$$ kicking room?Thought this was a freindly room for all......just a freaking thought...might b wrong...as for the everyone stealing "her" inside secrets...dont we ALL want the cheapest price?....thinking I am not made of money...if I was ...b drivn a BIMMER or BENZ...not a p5

....JUST MY 2 CENTS....:cool:

oh yeah right christy....someone is going to screw up your deal by showing up at the dealer you are doing or thinking of doing business with? what dream world are you in? geeez....like you are the only person that dealer is working with? if you think YOUR deal is the only one going on you better check the medication you are taking.......

and as far as the comment about where she is from...well .... vkyolv wasn't talking about Texas....for he is from texas too....he was refering more to your specific location.

little girl...YOU started this by thumbing your nose at the rest of this board...it has nothing to do with anything else...nothing. Just you haveing a holyier than thou attitude...no one...and I mean NO ONE was trying to steal your deal...nearly EVERYONE on this board already own their Portege....so why you became so parinoid that someone was going to steal your deal...god only knows.....and if you took the time to really do your research...like you have claimed to do....dealers are more than willing to make great deals on Automatics....especially if they have them on their lots....for they are HARD TO SELL!!! its a very small percentage of our cars that go out the door with Autos....it NOT the perfered configuration.

What ever happened to "I am simply going to avoid this thread?" Sounds like you enjoy being ridiculous on here. I asked you not to take my last post personally, but I guess you did. Since you took the time to pick out everyone else's posts and comment on them, I figured I'd do them a favor and comment on yours.

First of all, Karma is not about going to hell. It's about one's actions affecting one's destiny. Thus, your selfishness about helping others while you had the chance will bite you in the a** when eventually you are the one in need.

Second, if you're going to use big words, at least learn how to spell them. It's C-H-A-U-V-I-N-I-S-T, not shovinist.

Third, you act like you're the only person who's making deals on the cars on that lot. God, you're naive. So what, if someone buys one of them. What are you going to do - chain yourslef to it to keep them from taking it home? It's not like the dealer can't order you another one.

And finally, you came onto this board to ask for information from people who already owned the cars. Duh, why would anyone want to steal your price for something they already paid for? And what made you think anyone needed your "research, research, research" advice? Your preached it to us like you were handing out treasures.

Since it was obvious from the beginning that you weren't planning to share your info anyway, I just have to conclude that you only came onto this forum to brag and gloat. Your lack of virtue is so sad.:rolleyes:

HEY.....i GOT A DEAL FOR YOU ALSO....
there r 8 mill auto mp5's near me...want 1?
willing to make a killer deal.....JUST FOR THE LADY..
1 more thing....about the male pig...thinking we have found a female 1..you seem to have a HUGE chip... like all men have done u wrong
with post like this ...just makes me want to rush home to see what was said next....till next time...
and when i get my p5 I will b willing to putt both hands on the car,lean over the hood, and tell the dealer to just give it to me...the price that is...THINKING....not..
:D :eek: :cool: :)

sarcasm-

I wasnt going to post any more on this thread but all the a$$holes felt like continuing to add there own two cents in...
"nearly EVERYONE on this board already own their Portege...."-nuke
you mean "NEARLY everyone in this board already own their Portege..."-that doesnt mean everyone does now does it! which I pointed that out specifically if you had read my post.

I do relize there are other deals going on in the 2 dealerships And i am fully aware that if they do sell them then they are sold BUT you really dont think if someone can get a P5 out the door for cheap-cheaper then so far all you have paid for-those who purchased in houston area also-then you dont think someone wouldnt love to "cash in" on my research?? maybe i should just put BRIGHT BLINKING LIGHTS POINTING TO BOTH DEALERS "HEY GO HERE YOU CAN GET A P5 FOR 16K DRIVE OUT"-thats great tactics for trying to get one yourself.

FYI Yes they do get them in "all" the time, but they have alot more incentive to sell the ones that have sat on the lot for a longer period of time then the ones that just came in.

Id like to Talk with people who logical people that are not just getting into the bitchout fest. people saying Im going to hell or going down in "rank" in my next life because I wont tell them my little "secret"-oh brother- can we say petty petty petty.
Do you want Help-you continue to say help for P5ers, BUT you also said they practically all have one-so how does it help to tell you who Im dealing with?? That doesnt help anyone now does it?? Except those who want a good deal right now near houston Tx. Please try to use logic instead of screaming mimi tactics-I "slapped" you in the face when you already own one and the only person it would Help would be someone trying to purchase one.

oh yeah and you say dont take it personal-and you basically called me a liar and insulted me-yyyeah dont take it personal-how about if i said to you:
"hey dont take it personal but your just a lying little biotch that doesnt know her/his ass from the hole in the ground, but dont take that personally"-you wouldnt take that personally??? usually when someone insults you you take it pretty personal.

"Thus, your selfishness about helping others while you had the chance will bite you in the a** when eventually you are the one in need.
Second, if you're going to use big words, at least learn how to spell them. It's C-H-A-U-V-I-N-I-S-T, not shovinist. "-adragonfly
1) i didnt relize this was a spelling bee-i thought this was a P5 message board, did i go to the wrong board?? dang. anyone else relize this was a spelling bee or english class??-
2)"Thus, your selfishness about helping others while you had the chance will bite you in the a** when eventually you are the one in need."-this sentence is a run on, tisk tisk, oh yeah almost forgot myself, thought it was the English 101 boards-anyways back to the P5 boards...
3)Remeber your not suppose to take any of this personal, you sound a little bitter to me, wonder why-i thought being insulted by someone was O K-"dont take it personal" remeber??-what happened??
4)what good is it going to do you if i tell you who Im dealing with?? your all the way in LA remeber?? you own a P5 remember??Goodness I didnt relize it was life threatening or going to ruin my kharma if I didnt tell you who the two dealers are...Im going to hell!! oh my!!

FINAL question(lets take a poll): if you were looking to purchase a P5 and you found someone that found a great deal, and im guessing everyone would consider $15k plus ttl at least a decent deal-then you would NOT go to the dealers name she mentioned to purchase one for that cheap??
-ohhh yeah i forgot nuke thinks he can talk for the 1k plus members on the board, he thinks nah noone would go...who cares about good deals anyway, right??
:confused:

As a matter of fact Christy I can....I am sure that I can say with out reservation that there is not a SINGLE member of this board that likes to be treated like you have been treating people. People that ask you an simple question...with the intention to assist you, point you in an additional direction to HELP you get a car.....for all it would have taken was a simple question on your part...."why do you want to know?"....and you would have been told why....and had it worked out for you...FINE....IF NOT...and you got a better deal...MORE POWER TO YOU...for there is no one in the world that I perfer to see get the short end of the stick than a car dealer, but what did you do insted? you laughed at us, thumbed your nose and got all parinoid that everyone with in driving distance of houston was going to hop in their cars and drive in hunting down YOUR deal....GET REAL!!!....geeeez how nieve can one person be....

if you think that for ONE single second...that the dealer you are working with isn't going to make the profit off of ANY car on his lot to HIS advantage, and at least at some specified minimum profit....you must be on some seriously good drugs...and lots of them.

Happy Car Shopping..... :D

and for your own sake....I hope that you NEVER EVER need any help in your life.....for if you do...never look for any help anywhere but your own backyard....for if you continue to treat people like you have here.....you will end up a very lonely person.

oh i didnt relize this was a "answer my question(s) or burn in hell little girl" forum...
i dont feel like saying where I am trying to get my P5 from, so now Im the MOST EVIL PERSON IN THE WORLD!!-this is your logic?? good grief. Thanks but no thanks, if thats the type of forum this is.
You said you knew this person that had alot of money and yet he went to all the trouble to call Tx to get a cheaper rate and come down here to purchase one to drive it back to Cali-does anyone else see any flaws in that statement??
1) if he has money what the hell is he doing buying a P5?? like someone else said above- if they had alot of money they would be driving a beemer or benz...
2) if he has money what the hell is he doing wasting all his time calling and coming down to texas to purchase a cheaper priced P5 from cali?? wouldnt he just buy one there and not care how much it would cost him??

???Someone please explain to me why I am NOT Helping by NOT telling all of you, who already own P5's and live half way across the planet, who I am doing my deals with???
-Or maybe-???why this would make my kharma go down all the way to the shitters???

:confused:

Back