price of m5

christie

hey all- im thinking of purchasing a p5 from the dealer- i got one all the way down to $15k brand new automatic...wondering how much every1 else paid, i live in houston its $520 shipping here. thanks a bunch!!

Wow

I paid $17,500 out the door here in Mississippi.
Mine is a Sunlight Silver Metallic with a 5 speed... basic model.
My only option was floormats. :)

I paid $19,016 out the door.
Midnight blue mica
5 speed manual, ABS/side impact airbags, Moonroof, 6 disc in dash and floormats .
And Lojack at no extra charge.

Last edited:
OUCH!!

dang I cant believe y'all paid so much!! I did my research and called all the sales managers around ( theres 8 dealers ) and I played them against each other :D heheh Im evil !! Im trying to get it out of the door at $15k now-looks like i may-aint it great!!:D

Re: OUCH!!

christie said:
dang I cant believe y'all paid so much!! I did my research and called all the sales managers around ( theres 8 dealers ) and I played them against each other :D heheh Im evil !! Im trying to get it out of the door at $15k now-looks like i may-aint it great!!:D

We only have two mazda dealers here within 200 miles of where I live. I got mine at invoice with TTL on top of that. Pretty good I thought... Especially since the mazda dealer that I checked first wanted 18,750 for the same car. Good luck with yours... :)

Got mine on the road for $17,300. 5spd, moonroof, deflector, floor mats, cargo net, cassette player, alarm, bumper guard

Here in San Jose the dealer invoice price on my car is $16,894. i paid $400 over invoice plus tax and license.
If you can get $15,000 out the door, go for it.

I paid 15300 -- Sign and drive..

Oh, BTW, they said 15k on the phone, 20$ says you don't drive it off the lot for under 16... It's amazing what they forget to add on over the phone. s***, they'll tell you ANYTHING on the phone to get you to come in..

- Miker

paid about 18,500 for mine in L.A. Midnight blue, moonroof, mats, aut armor, bug shield (which I took off anyway). If you have a Cotco membership, they show you the invoice price and add 500. That's it, no haggling. some other auto club members get discounts too.

haha...I agree......car sales men will say anything on the phone...the important thing you show up then they will start adding up....This and that....hehe...Good luck thought Cristie

Re: OUCH!!

christie said:

Christy....I live near you....which dealer are you doing business with? just courious....sounds like you are getting a great deal in my book...is the AUTO tranny the only option you are going for?

:D

Had something called the "S" plan which gives you at invoice price.. on a Sunlight Silver metallic 5-speed / polished wheels / moonroof / leather interior($1300) / floor mats it comes to 17,900

On lot it was priced as 19,950 - I literaly got the most expensive P5 on the lot

Hey alls-

yes they will sell for an auto (thats was only option i chose) for $15k, then i went to the other dealer he will sell me a blue one (the color i prefered) auto, with abs/snrf/side air, cargo net, mats...for $15,499-and hes still making profit!! The REAL invoice on a base auto is $14800 PLUS a $750 MANUFACTURER REBATE :D just so you know. Too many people already know "Invoice" vs MSRP, many dealers purchase for Less then invoice because they buy in "bulk". Car dealers are very greedy-they want to at least make a $1k profit off you. They say things to make you buy faster and put the pressure on you. :D just so you all know for next time car shopping!! And they try to get you to buy the ones with more on it because they can make more off the ones with extra stuff added. Or sell it to you afterwards so they can make extra profit. Ta Da and that is the end of class session of car buying 101-hehehe...

Good example for the P5: indash 6 cd changer $500, they didnt pay that much, the invoice is -I think it was $350-dont have the list in front of me right now, they probley paid less...more then likely

i paid around 16,800 with alarm and tint...we started with 14,600 then come taxes and other crap...hence we peaked at 16,800...which i suppose isn't such a bad deal considering that the msrp is right around there

forgot to add-

hehe wont tell you who i dealt with-did like 2 weeks research to get the prices that low-you can do the same thing as i did, call around-hours and hours at a car dealer is no fun but that also tells them you are for real about purchasing one and not there "just looking". End of month they try to sell for cheaper sometimes then beginning or mid month since they are about the get hit with "interest". End of year even better. I love the subject of buying a car-gotten pretty good at it even tho i am only 20 and have only bought 1 other car before :p Just keep your eyes peeled and do your research! #1 rule-research, research, research!! never buy the first car at a "good deal" or even what you think is a "great deal"-usually you can get better! Peace out :cool:

Re: forgot to add-

christie said:
hehe wont tell you who i dealt with-did like 2 weeks research to get the prices that low-you can do the same thing as i did, call around-hours and hours at a car dealer is no fun but that also tells them you are for real about purchasing one and not there "just looking". End of month they try to sell for cheaper sometimes then beginning or mid month since they are about the get hit with "interest". End of year even better. I love the subject of buying a car-gotten pretty good at it even tho i am only 20 and have only bought 1 other car before :p Just keep your eyes peeled and do your research! #1 rule-research, research, research!! never buy the first car at a "good deal" or even what you think is a "great deal"-usually you can get better! Peace out :cool:

WELL christy...you act as though you think I was trying to steal your information...when in fact if you had gone to the dealer that I had and got a wonderful deal, great...or if you hadn't I was going to give you a name at a dealer near you that you could check in on and talk to someone specific that would REALLY do you right....HOWEVER....seeing as how you are more concerned that I am trying to make off with your research, AND if you will notice my sig...I already baught TWO P-5's.....and I got a great deal...and wonderful service....just wondered if you had found the same dealer that I had....and if you had.....I was going to have you drop by the saleslady that I did my deal with and tell you to poke your head in and say hello for me the next time you were there.....and she would know my name the is use here....SIR NUKE....but seeing as how you think I am up to something...and wanting to use your precious research.....never mind

AND.....it seems pretty selfish that if YOU actually found such a wonderful dealer/salesperson...that you wouldn't want to share that with other Mazda people and want THEM to get a good deal too....ya know...one of the purposes of having a board like this is to HELP ONE ANOTHER....not gloat about the great deal you got or think you got and then tell people that you wont' tell them where you found it at and for them to go out and find it themselves.....you missed the big picture on this one.

and seeing as how you have such VAST experience in purchasing NEW cars....well dearie....I have 25 years MORE experience than you do in this department.....don't think you are going to teach this old dog any new tricks in that department either.

Last edited:
Christy,

This might sound rude, but I think your missing the big picture of the real world out here. Until you go into the dealer, and sign the papers 15,000 means nothing. This is how it works.

If you have a trade-in, the more they mark down the car, the less they give you on your trade-in.

If you don't have a trade-in, the more they mark down the car, the more they nickle and dime you on everything else.

The end of the month means nothing to car dealers any more. The only thing that matters is how car sales are, and if the corperate office told them to close out the models (i.e. Bringing in new ones..) The PR5 is flying off the lots, and I doubt they are going to close it out any time soon.

Car dealers have been learning how to make money for years now. They know every way to pull every penny possible out of your pocket, and still come off makeing you think you got a good deal. And since you are a girl, just wait till the paperwork starts flying, they will make sure to get back every little penny you think they are giving you... They can say anything they want over the phone. It doesn't matter, they will tell you anything to get you in the door. Once you come in, they know they have you.

P.s. I'm not going to take sales advice from a 20 year old broad. "Research-Research-Research" HAHA, 20$ says you get approved at 15.9%

-Miker

Doh-

Can we homer simpson-
i relize you guys are really mad since you got higher deals then that and I wont tell you which dealer to go to...well 2 weeks of calling on the phones going in to dealers is not fun..i told you how to do it call the sales managers, how hard is that to pick up a phone and call around-worth an extra $1k off well if you dont feel like picking up a phone and getting in contact with the sales manager then you can pay the price they offer you without doing your homework..and yes, i many be a "GIRL" oh my...but I have also worked on cars and done body work too so i know Some useful stuff on a car EVEN THO I AM A "GIRL"-goodness what a horrid word that is on a auto board...
and the point of helping-well i am helping, the fact is all you have to do is get the lowest number the first sales manager will go..then call the next and tell him to beat it by about $300/200 more, likey he/she will...Invoice doesnt mean jack any more because it is too well know, thats why a dealer wont mind selling you the car at invoice price, plus hes still making money off that if the manufaturer incentives/rebates...which on another post i informed the P5 group was $750 for march!! which right there i saved a few ppl $250+ if they can go back and get the rebate back, which he/she said they are going to do...see homework does help:) unless youd rather pay the extra $250 then go ahead follow your own rules, dont do your homework! And Sir Nuke I know where you got your car at, its on another thread adn they were one of the more expensive ones around, just so you know...think you said gillman, right if i remeber correctly? ill have to go back to that thread to recheck.
My husband has gggreat credit-870 out of 900 so no i wont be getting a 15.9% do you think im really that dumb?? plus, my credits not that bad for a GIRL at 20...you can get 10% if you have really really really crappy credit :eek:
I am still in negotiations with the 2 dealers..if i dont get the car down to what i want it to be then ill just wait, eventually theyll come down...and fyi yes the p5's are going out the door-the base models, the ones loaded to the rims are still sitting there for months on end now-just check out the inspection sticker on the car-ahem, of course i bet you knew that tho.
Well maybe i should just not say anything any more and stop trying to help ppl out...maybe no one wants help, maybe they would all rather just pay $250-$1k extra.
I am doing the deal and my husband is signing for it because he is busy with work and helping with the 4 month old baby.
Believe me I REALLY dont think the dealers think they can screw me over, they know i do my research...i even did research as to how much the end cost should be interest rates and all the closing fees for the county the dealer is in and my county-still have to figure out a few numbers, which i am doing today. after i get off the boards.
Obviously it looks like no one needs help and they know what the hell they are doing...one thing i will inform you of is the closing cost even if i do not purchase the vehicle-for a GIRL to see how much I saved and on what equipment.
FOR THOSE THAT WOULD LIKE HELP PLEASE PM ME. I will try to be of assistance as much as possible.:D

Latest posts

Back