Pre start procedures?

:
03 Silver Protege5
I've got an engine that hasnt been started in about 9 months. Before I turn it over, is there anything I need to do to prevent damage to the rings or anything else?

i would just chech the oil and start it. make sure there is no rust on the cyl walls. but i dont think there should be unless it set out side out in the weather with no plugs lol. if there is alot of rust and your not getting much compression then dump a cap of oil in the plug holes.

id say jus put oil in to be safe...you never kno wat kind of moisture could get in there. and let the oil sit for a couple hours. of you didnt treat the gas i would say drain it and put in some good 93 octane. other than that idk of anything eles.

that is true gas would be a biggie and on the oil as long as you got it changed soon i wouldnt really worry about it when your trying to start it. get it running and then drive it down the street and get it changed.

I'm gonna run it then change the oil, let it flush all the gunk out. Every system is getting Lucas treatments before and after I start it, Every fluid is getting changed next week, Im not taking any chances. Pre start lube in the chamber is a good call, think conventional or syn?

Latest posts

Back