Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Here is the OEM hood protector in my soul red FWD

du4y4uzy_zpsf35780f6.jpg

img_1111a_zps51eb8c27.jpg

I asked that same question of another owner and apparently it is not designed to be removed and replaced as it has 2 sided tape on the back as it actually is adhered to the hood.

So far the only thing i did was to the wheels. Plastidip coated (4coats) with glossifier (2coats). I am ordering the all-weather cargo tray and the hood edge protector today... then later the all weather for the rest of car. The reason behind the order of things is that with gigs coming up my hardware bag has been leaving dents and marks of on the original cargo floor.

attachment.php

attachment.php

How hard is it to Plastic-Dip the wheels? Do you leave the tires on? How much does it cost?

Too bad...I would have gotten it otherwise. Thanks for the answer. Looks good though.

Probably safe to assume over time the two sided tape has developed a fairly tenacious bond, removing may end up damaging the plastic when peeling it back.

How hard is it to Plastic-Dip the wheels? Do you leave the tires on? How much does it cost?

It was not hard to do . In my case , i took the wheels off since i didn't wanna mess with covering the brake assembly. I did them two at a time. It took about 3hrs including the drying for the glossifier. and it cost all around 25 to 30 bucks (5.98/can).

its a bit complicated there are 3 difficulties in making these light:
1. taking out the headlamp cover: u've to take out the headlamp cover in order to paste all those strip led+ angel eyes inside
2. cabling: u need to decide whether which led wlll follow which light switches (fog lamp/DRL/or main battery)
3. Putting all back: you've got to make sure that all cover are tightly sealed with proper amount of sealant otherwise your headlight will get foggy during rainy season and u dont want that to happen

My advise is to bring it to the professional nearby to your hometown.
Good luck and have fun with it

Hey Lighting,

Your car looks awesome... I have already seen it (rockon)

Thanks lighting, will get a pro for sure. Did you source the LED strip yourself? If so, would you be able to post a link or reference please? Love the solid glow this has in comparison to the dotted bulb look that I've seen on other sourced LEDs

Back