Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

I'M having mine installed tomorrow ! will let you know what I think

it's tomorrow I still got about 14 hours XD. the thing is you will have to lower the rear suspension on both arms because the bracket is so close to the frame. it's really not a difficult install otherwise. maybe it is different on the FWD version. I couldn't do this on my garage and did not want to be messing around with a lift and jacks while on the lift to remove/reset the control arms.

Had my rear sway bar installed, was 3.5 hours at a dealer using their special alignment jig for the awd subframe drop out , Car handles nicely , smother and flatter around corners, the impact is not dramatic but I notice it makes a difference, I have ordered the bigger mazda 6 fwd sway bar as an upgrade and will fit that as soon as it turns up from japan, I also have some adjustable rear camber arms from a mazda 3 to try out, only issues ill have to get a new bush made up to fit the cx-5 as they are different , but ill measure it all up and see whats involved to make them off shelf cx-5 compatible if possible,

What is different about the bushings, the bolt size it's bigger on our cars? Length is the same? I'm interested as well. I have contacted James Baron and they said that they are very close to release there camber arms. I guess I will wait for them to release it. I was about to make my own.

Had my rear sway bar installed, was 3.5 hours at a dealer using their special alignment jig for the awd subframe drop out , Car handles nicely , smother and flatter around corners, the impact is not dramatic but I notice it makes a difference, I have ordered the bigger mazda 6 fwd sway bar as an upgrade and will fit that as soon as it turns up from japan, I also have some adjustable rear camber arms from a mazda 3 to try out, only issues ill have to get a new bush made up to fit the cx-5 as they are different , but ill measure it all up and see whats involved to make them off shelf cx-5 compatible if possible,
hopefully i can get mine sintalled this week if time permits

I got JBR to supply me one set for the Mazda 3, if I figure it all out ill share with them and you on the forum, I have both bushes on order too from mazda so can measure up and directly compare then let you know the dramas

What is different about the bushings, the bolt size it's bigger on our cars? Length is the same? I'm interested as well. I have contacted James Baron and they said that they are very close to release there camber arms. I guess I will wait for them to release it. I was about to make my own.

How come they don't do this?
This the answer, that I have got from them:
"We have the camber arms done for the 3 and we suspect that they will fit the 2WD CX-5 but we have yet to confirm fitment. we are in that process now. I hope to know something in the next week or so.

-Jamie"

Testing Mode
CX5new2May2013_zps63598652.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0560_zps2447fa4c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0578_zps14e6a037.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0584_zps14270da0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_06512_zps19853b2e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Car transformation time after time. Just for fun and have fun guys!!!

Last edited:
Testing Mode

Okay, Hope you signed up ready to explain...

Questions:
1. Bi-color Halos? How?? Done on tech (xenon) or non-tech?
2. Are the LED light bars tapped into the fog light circuit? What brand / where did you get them?
3. What bulbs / kit did you use in the OEM fog housings?
4. Do you have independent switches for add-on lights in the cabin? Or were they all spliced into the OE wires only? How?

Opinions:
1. Fail on the rear bumper.
2. Yes, the revised front end looks like a Benz.

--------------------------------------------------------
And... My front lights as of Today:

Last edited:
Okay, Hope you signed up ready to explain...

Questions:
1. Bi-color Halos? How?? Done on tech (xenon) or non-tech? (i was adding the angel eyes, as for the bi-color, the trick was just pasting a red transparent sticker on the white angel eyes and glued it right in front of the tech xenon)
2. Are the LED light bars tapped into the fog light circuit? What brand / where did you get them? (not fog light, i forgot where the tech guy tapped into and all i know as soon as the engine start, the led just turned on till u turn off the engine/ the brand is a korean brand forgot the brand. ill find out for you, i got it in Indonesia)
3. What bulbs / kit did you use in the OEM fog housings? (all still oem housing,so what i did just disamble the original front cover of the housing start putting all those led bar and angel eyes)
4. Do you have independent switches for add-on lights in the cabin? Or were they all spliced into the OE wires only? How? (all spliced from original oem wires but i believe they are adding some kind of watt booster so as the led light will not flicker)

Opinions:
1. Fail on the rear bumper.
2. Yes, the revised front end looks like a Benz. (the front and read bodykits if u are aware, they are actually from odula, but thanks for the comment and im also trying to make it a bit different again, coming soon...) :)

--------------------------------------------------------
And... My front lights as of Today:

Nicely done

Testing Mode
CX5new2May2013_zps63598652.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0560_zps2447fa4c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0578_zps14e6a037.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0584_zps14270da0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_06512_zps19853b2e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice work. Have you considered painting everything white---rockers, rear diffuser, flares, side mirrors? I like the graphics, but it doesn't looked finished---either go all out or keep it super cleeeean. Wheel spacers too. And then dump it on coils. Just my 02. Keep up the great progression!

Way too much with the graphics/stickers. An episode of Need For Speed: Underground and Fast & Furious 1 going on there. The fake "Brembo" caliper covers don't help either.

I got JBR to supply me one set for the Mazda 3, if I figure it all out ill share with them and you on the forum, I have both bushes on order too from mazda so can measure up and directly compare then let you know the dramas

I would appreciate that; now that my rear end is tighter, I want the camber to be more precise.

Going to offend a few by posting pics of my stock as a rock CX-5. Only goodies are LED's all around, 2500k H9 foglight bulbs (converted to H11), debadging, 20% front tint, and other misc. crap.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back