Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Here is my CX-5 with Wolfrace Entourage rims in 20 x 8.5
ED34DFC8-0F5B-4DDD-A290-45137AC7206D.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I used what I got in the Wolrace package. I don't think I had to use special spacers, only a set of 4 rings provided by the seller.

I bought 4 super cheap Milestone tyres (Chinese !!!) : 245 x 45 x 20 (ET45)
My next set will be much higher quality : I may get some Pirelli scorpio IIRC.

Last edited:
Most likely they are 40 offset. Thats *about* flush for a 8.5 wheel.

Hey everyone, so much great advice about upgrading on here. I've read through almost this whole thread and I'm wondering what are a couple of things I can do to minimize body roll on the CX5? Outside of lower springs (which would defeat the purpose of the vehicle for me) do I have any other options? Love my CX5 but my favorite thing to do is accelerate through corners...Protege 5 hatchback? Great corning car (rofl) CX5 not so much~ Thanks for your help!

Hey everyone, so much great advice about upgrading on here. I've read through almost this whole thread and I'm wondering what are a couple of things I can do to minimize body roll on the CX5? Outside of lower springs (which would defeat the purpose of the vehicle for me) do I have any other options? Love my CX5 but my favorite thing to do is accelerate through corners...Protege 5 hatchback? Great corning car (rofl) CX5 not so much~ Thanks for your help!

Rear sway bar is about the only option without changing the springs/struts.

Last edited:

Not sure if it actually reduces bodyroll, but the most noticeable thing I did was wider tires. I went 235/60/17 on my 14 touring with stock wheels but 235/65/17 also works without throwing off the speedo or effecting mpg too much. Tires I went with were Nitto 421Q - which I definitely recommend if you don't mind a little extra road noise. Ability to handle/grip through the corners increased immensely with the wider tires.

Thanks Chris, I saw where you had installed a front and rear sway bar but wasn't sure exactly what it does. I can definitely swing that if it will give a noticeable improvement.

kaptinjak, that's awesome and thanks for listing the tire info. I'm fairly cash conscious so when I'm in the market for a new set, I'll go with wider. Maybe between the sway bar and a wider set of tires I can increase the zoom a little more in the corners.

Ability to handle/grip through the corners increased immensely with the wider tires.

The rubber compound is more important than tire width for maximum g's in a corner. A tire with Sport rubber compound in OEM size will grip far better than a wider all-season radial. Of course you're not going to get 40-60,000 miles out of them but it will be a much more significant upgrade. People generally go wider for the "look" they are after at the expense of all around performance.

All else being equal, wider tires actually have LESS traction on rain saturated roads at speed, pavement with a light dusting of sand on the surface, pavement with snow or wet leaves, etc. Tire width on racing cars is mostly to provide more surface area to dissipate heat build-up caused by high HP engines, high speeds, heavy braking and cornering. Heat build-up is not much of a problem on public roads. If you do go wider be careful (slow down) on the highway during periods of heavy rain and make sure the tread pattern has good water evacuation, especially in the center of the tread. Be aware that you are actually reducing performance in various conditions and you will get lower MPG's.

I have just installed the Cork rear sway bar and I can feel the difference, but not a lot. I feel like the 1" bar, could be thicker. I have the Cork springs and wider tires as well. It feels like, my ex lowered VW Golf(maybe even better).

MikeM - good tip on the compound vs width. I do suppose that in my situation, handling increase was also attributable to an overall smaller tire diameter compared to the OEM 17" tires, effectively lowering the car by .4"

235/60/17 - 28.11 in diameter
225/65/17 - 28.50 in diameter

I have just installed the Cork rear sway bar and I can feel the difference, but not a lot. I feel like the 1" bar, could be thicker. I have the Cork springs and wider tires as well. It feels like, my ex lowered VW Golf(maybe even better).

Must have it on the soft setting, and or using OEM links or haven't cornered hard enough to see.

Back