Possible 6spd swap option!

It appears as though the gear spacing and angle are slightly different on the mz6 gear box from looking at those pictures. It actually more closely resembles the older H series gear box which was way more durable.

Interesting idea. Switching to cable would just require a little customizing with a zip cut and drill. Possibly a little weldy-poo. (I've switched a 96 civ to cable for an H22). It's not that hard, also there's is no possible way to mod a rod style shifter to work on cable shift for the buddy who asked.

If this actually works I'll be the first one to hillbilly it into my car.

subbing for interest... i had wished long long ago that we could get the Getrag 6spd from the SVTFocus in, just to have a 6 speed.

would like to know aside from the IF it will work, opinions or thoughts on strength, durability

My progress has come to a halt. I did buy the 6spd trans, But havent had a chance to play around with it, since my BP decided to develop a Cylinder 2 Rod knock. The tow home cost me $381, so that seriously put a dent in my pocket.

So now priority has shifted and I need to replace my BP before I can move any further. (Car is my DD)

My progress has come to a halt. I did buy the 6spd trans, But havent had a chance to play around with it, since my BP decided to develop a Cylinder 2 Rod knock. The tow home cost me $381, so that seriously put a dent in my pocket.

So now priority has shifted and I need to replace my BP before I can move any further. (Car is my DD)

yeeeesh....to prevent the towing cost in the future I suggest adding road assistance to your insurance policy. It cost me all of a couple bucks a month for this coverage and theres no towing limitations. I pay for the tow up front and my local branch cuts me a check for the cost.

I have towing coverage too, USAA. Owning an MSP without insurance is just asking for trouble.

Back