Possible 2003.5 MSP for adoption in the Austin area...

Jason94Cobra

:
03.5 MSP and 94 Cobra
This is not exactly a for sale ad and there probably won't be any pictures here... I am going to have a difficult enough time writing this... I hope no one gets mad that I put this here... just will not let her go to just anyone... If someone is interested or knows someone interested we can talk then...

I am starting to consider putting my MSP up for adoption...

The fee would be pretty firm at $5,500 and I'll explain as we go... I am going to start with the fact that I am the original owner and this is the first and only of my 34 cars that I have ever wanted to buy brand new. I once went to Jack In the Box and cried over a hamburger for selling a car that had the name Retarded Horse so I get pretty attached to cars... The 88 Mustang GT mentioned was a complete POS that I only owned for about 18 months and I got that emotionally attached to it... I am not 100% sure that I would let this one go, but the adoption fee would make a compelling push...

Now on to The Titanium Mica 2003.5 MSP in question... She has a couple of knicks and dings... very few.... the rear bumper cover has some scratches from a license plate of another vehicle... Two tires need replacement soon, the other too I think are ok... The front driver's side seat has the little patches cracked as most MSPs do... the A pillar on the driver's side is off the car and has a broken clip so would need alternate method of attachment... I also have a brand new in the box 3 pillar pod that will come with her...
-*+
The rear passenger side door lock motor needs replaced to work... the radio has been replaced with an Alpine head with bluetooth... USB, etc... stock Kenwood speakers are in the car... the stock amp is in the trunk but I took the sub out of the enclosure and the amp is not hooked up... the amp works, but not sure about the sub... anyone that this makes a huge deal to can help hook it all back up to find out if they want... otherwise I will just put it all in the trunk...

I have all the paperwork from new including window stickers, brochures, cards, etc... I have 90% of the service paperwork also...

The differential was replaced last year with the revised one that has also been welded... an OEM clutch because I thought I was going to get the car back before the weekend that they had it... that was at about 109,000 miles...

Then the engine blew up James Bond style about three weeks after getting her back from the clutch & differential job... so I had it replaced with the only quick option I could find which was a 71,000 mile MSP engine... The oil was replaced on install and then changed again after 1,500 miles with full synthetic... and typically BOSCH filters. Being honest the shop cleaned the clutch disc since it only had 2,000 miles on it before the engine blew. It sort of slipped a little once it warmed up but I think that has worked itself out since it has been about a year and it is ok... BUT I have a brand new Exedy Stage I in the box and also an already turned and ready to go OEM flywheel that will also come with her...

I have been running the NGK wires and Iridium plugs in her for awhile... the plugs could probably use a replacement set soon, but the wires are good... I also have a second set brand new that come with her too.. I flushed and filled both the power steering with synthetic and the antifreeze too... The trans has Synthetic Penzoil in it right now, but has always had synthetic in there since 15,000 miles I think it was...

There is a drop in K&N filter and slotted/drilled rotors with ceramic pads... included but not installed are a set of stainless braided brake hoses...

EVERYTHING I have bought for this car that might not be on there also comes with her to her new home... I still have the original engine with the head & cams still attached... intake, etc... it has a hole in the block that also took out the plate thing that has the weird name... comes with the original turbo and the original manifold that has had the cracks expertly (not super pretty, but EXPERTLY) repaired... the car has the turbo and manifold from the 71K mile engine on it now... but the gasket was replaced and the ARP manifold studs were put in when the engine was swapped...

The timing belt, tensioners, pulleys, tensioner spring, & water pump were all replaced during the swap also... silicone vacuum hoses are on most of the car too... the rest of that kit is in the box o' parts included in her adoption kit... I know there is a couple of other things like bronze oil shifter bushings and the upgraded other shifter bushings on there... exhaust hangers... etc who knows... 9+ years is a long time...

The alternator is not original and the starter was replaced HOURS ago...

If there is any interest in a car like this let me know... post or PM... The adoption fee may sound high, I'm not sure... again I do not need to rehome her, but just considering it... I have spent more than the adoption fee in the last year with the work and parts mentioned so I am not really looking to go less than that since I also bought the car brand new and have five times spent over the last 9 years... I know I can not expect to get that back obviously, but again I don't need to rehome her, just considering something new...

Am I way off base on this or just no one interested in one right now??? I may list it in the classifieds or on Craigslist if you guys tell me this price is reasonable... I won't be offended since I don't have to part with her...

photobucket.com, I wish I had seen this post, a friend of mine just bought a titanium with 89k for $5k and unfortunately it has a number of issues. Poorly modded, crappy FMIC setup, boost leak, improperly setup BOV, cracked manifold, bad motor mounts, etc etc. This car would have been a far better deal.

I bought new spark plugs for her today... late so not in...

Just remembered I have a VERY custom grounding kit made by a member here that I have never installed... it is the MOST complete set ever made with EVERY cable involved was custom made including new wires that weren't normally made for the kits, I don't remember what I paid but I know it was probably close to $400 since I think the battery terminals and connectors were over $150 themselves.... she also has AWR front/rear mounts installed and has the inserts for the side mounts somewhere with the spare parts...

fog lamp installation plates in the envelope still and a pair of in the box Pilots that go too... I bought and installed a factory fog light switch a week after bringing the car home from the showroom floor... and I mean literally off of the showroom floor... I walked in and saw her sitting in front of the salesman's desk in 2003 and decided I wanted her without so much as a test drive...

maybe still available... if someone knows anyone looking...

Last edited:
I'm actually quite moved by your initial post and must say that I have great respect for people who take good care of their cars (as do I.) I've actually been in the market for an MSP for well over a year now, but have been hesitant on numerous times to purchase one because of A) distance, and/or B) careless owners. At the moment my wife isn't too keen on me purchasing a car anytime soon, but if you're not in a hurry to let her go I will keep you in my radar. Granted, I live in Northern California, but I'm always up for a loooong road trip!

Thank you and you're the kind of person that would be considered to take care of her... I am am probably getting front tires early next week and hopefully changing the sparkplugs this weekend. ..

Come out to cabelas some time man a couple buddies and I go out there a couple times a month usually.

I got new tires on the rear to replace the bad fronts... got almost 60,000 miles on the pair that was replaced so you can tell I don't beat on this car...

I can't find the grounding kit... did find the extra new clutch and the flywheel though... thinking about replacing as a daily and I don't have room for 4-5 cars at the house so I'd probably lower adoption fee to $5,000 including everything I can find that belongs to her... or $4,500 for just the car, old engine, extra manifold, turbo, etc and I'll hang on to the Exedy and flywheel for either Ryan's car or my cousin's...

Adoption fee lowered to $4,500 with everything that I have for her included... again I'm happy keeping her, but if someone out there is looking for a MSP in the Central Texas area you might want to consider her...

I'll be in Abiliene tomorrow night through Sunday before heading back to Austin so if anyone up that way sees this, hit me up and we can meet up... I am going to take her with me... I think this is the second time in TEN YEARS she will have gone more than 100 miles from Buda, Texas since I bought her...

I am working at the Salt Lick now and a coworker that lives in Buda says he sees a Gray MSP in his neighborhood, maybe it's yours?

Probably heading to the Ford dealer today after work... I brought the title and the centercaps... she might be going bye bye today... $3,500 MSP only if I don't trade her in... I can email or text pictures if anyone is interested in checking her out... If she sells or trades I'll take photos of all of the parts I have new in the packages and list them for sale to Austin or Central Texas folks that can do a face to face transaction and then I'll consider the normal classifieds later... I cried for an hour and a half over a beat up Mustang I had for 18 months when I sold her I don't really know what I'll do with this one that is the only car out of 34 or so vehicles that I ever bought brand new and have had her over 10 years now... might have to crack open the 18 yr Glenlivet over this one... Anyone that might be interested can email me at K i l l e r b t l r at a o l . c o m subject MSP rule

Ryan, what is your schedule this week... I might hold off on going to Georgetown tonight after work... maybe I'll go to another dealer just to check them out on my way home... I was looking at Ford Fusion SE with 1.5L ecoboost automatic or possibly the 2014 V6 automatic to drive to work... The Cobra needs head gaskets right now so I start her once every other week or so to keep things moving and just to hear the sound... I don't need two project cars and the MSP is at the point where I need to go one way or the other with her...

I am off today and tomorrow I just have class until 1:30. Will be free after 5 on Thursday.

Latest posts

Back