POLL: problems or no problems

Problems yes or no?

• problems (please list and post mileage)

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • no problems (feel free to post mileage)

Votes: 87 82.1%

• Total voters
4,000 miles

1. From day 1, the occasional clunking sound when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear.

2. In the last 100 miles or so, occasional rattle from the dashboard.

3. Lost the new car smell about 1,000 miles ago.

3500 miles in 4 weeks(silly)

no probs.
I get that clunking when shifting to though,

4,000 miles

1. From day 1, the occasional clunking sound when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear.

2. In the last 100 miles or so, occasional rattle from the dashboard.

3. Lost the new car smell about 1,000 miles ago.

3500 miles in 4 weeks(silly)

no probs.
I get that clunking when shifting to though,

Definently check out your motor mount before your engine drops.

My front wheel bearings went bad at about 8500 miles. I noticed it as a loud grinding noise whenever I would reverse with the wheel turned. I didn't think that made sense for bearings, but the dealership said that's what it was and replaced them under warranty, and the noise went away.

Other than that, other minor gripes that I have that have not been fixed:
- Trans will grind 3rd or 4th gear if I try to shift quickly... done that since day one.
- Car will misfire/hesitate/stumble at random times when accelrating hard, especially when cold out. I had the TSB reflash done, but they did not replace the fuel pump. Since the TSB it hasn't been cold. I haven't had any more stumbles, the TSB could be why, or it could just be the warmer weather.
- Front bumper does not line up flush with the front fender, sticks out about 1/2 an inch. Dealer tried replacing the brackets but this didn't fix it. Said my bumper might be warped but dragging their feet on replacing it.
- Squeaking sound from the engine at idle... sounds like a family of mice in my engine bay. Dealership checked and tightened some things but did not fix it.
- Lots of squeaks and rattles from the interior.
- Trim loose on front passenger door, rattles VERY bad if I turn the music up.

Only mods are the MS CAI, and just recently, the Cobb AP running Stage 1+

Even with all the (mostly) minor gripes, I still love the car :)

32,000 miles and no problems other than the recall stuff........i think i am going to stop driving it for a year!!!!!!!!

08 model bought on mid December 07

8,000 miles on it

Rear bumper rattles, dont know if its the bumper it might be somthing else but every time i go over a speed bump or even the tiniest of bumps something shakes in the back of the car.

08 model bought on mid December 07

8,000 miles on it

Rear bumper rattles, dont know if its the bumper it might be somthing else but every time i go over a speed bump or even the tiniest of bumps something shakes in the back of the car.

might want to check out the rear swaybar endlinks, and if that's not it, check the hangers on the rear of the exhaust system for slop.

"Rear bumper rattles, dont know if its the bumper it might be somthing else but every time i go over a speed bump or even the tiniest of bumps something shakes in the back of the car."

Try taking that tray out of the hatch, the one that lifts with the hatch... see if the noise goes away. Maybe its not fully seated into the clips.

Back