POLL: problems or no problems

Problems yes or no?

• problems (please list and post mileage)

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • no problems (feel free to post mileage)

Votes: 87 82.1%

• Total voters
1500 miles on 08 True red - stock (so far). Plan on putting on more miles as soon as the weather breaks here. Oh, no problems.

12,000 kms on an '08 M3 Sport GT - absolutely no problems so far.
Very satisfied with this new car ! (canada)

So far it looks like about 1 in 10 have had problems. Those are pretty good odds. Let's keep the answers coming! Hopefully we can get over 60 responses.

07 GT, got it in oct. 06...no major problems through 13k miles, just a few nuissances, like the check engine and TPMS lights coming on in the extreme cold...

19k miles on TR MS3 Sport. So far no issues except for the windshield cowl rattle when cold. Got that fixed under TSB.

BTW mine plays MP3s. (drive)
Got a 6CD OEM head unit with MP3 capability off eBay for 98$, brand new.

I had to vote yes since there was no option for minor problems. Prob 1: faulty switch that caused the headlights to flash when making a sharp left turn. Prob 2: groove was dug into plastic shifter assembly block by metal reverse lock-out pin. Both problems fixed expeditiously under warranty.

The first was clearly a freak defect. The second was probably caused in part by my (or my wife and I prefer to blame her) applying to much pressure to the left when shifting b/t 1st-2nd. Admittedly, I think this problem happened b/c this was my 1st 6-speed and I felt like I needed to make sure I was not going into 3rd-4th. I don't think it will be repeated since I am making an effort not to apply much pressure. However, I fault Mazda in part for not machining the sharp edge off the the lock-out pin. Others have noticed wear here, too, so it's not just me. And the new shifter I got has the same sharp edge on the pin. I'll check the assembly again in a few months to see if the plastic is wearing away again. If so, I'll try to get Mazda to subsidize an after-market short shifter with a machined lock-out pin.

This car has been fantastic and a blast to drive. I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in an under $25k pocket rocket. I would also buy another Mazda based on my experience so far. In fact, I would happily upgrade to the next MS model that has 4-doors and AWD, provided it has the same or similar sporty feel of the MS3.

Please count warranty services as problems. Smoking turbos should deffinently be counted in the problem category that is one of the major things we are looking for.

Not if the person modded the car thats not a fair comparison.

Not sure how it works for mazdas but as far as I know most turbos (subarus) and I think even COBB emphasizes that if you do anything with the downpipe it should be tuned. I know lots of subarus people were messing up their turbos or at high risk for problems without tuning.

And for turbos its generally highly recommended to tune if you are messing with full exhaust systems correct?

so to get back to this poll.

If you mark problem and it was a car that was modified then its not a accurate assessment.... maybe you can make another BAR for problems and modiefied??????

>29k miles and no major problems. I'm still really enjoying this car!! I randomly get a slight click or two from the front suspension on acceleration. The mount is tight so I ruled that out. It sounds exactly like a cv joint click. At some point I will have the dealer check it out.

Mods:
COBB SRI
TWM shifter base bushings

25K and no mechanical problems. The only thing I noticed yesterday was that my passenger side fog light does not turn on. I never bother turning them on, but for some reason I decided to try them out yesterday and realized one was not working. Called the dealer and they said they'd take care of it under warranty. Taking it in Friday.

Now with close to 60 voters we have about 1 in 6 with problem. Keep the votes coming guys!

just over 6k on my 2008 and no major problems but MANY trims rattle and vibrate on both driver and passenger side as well as the window. my brakes make some humming noises once in a while when i have been stopped and start driving which i think is the caliper not fully backing off and clearing the rotor. ???? just my guess the rotors/ everything looks fine so not worried

08 GT at ~4500mi

Aside from a few sounds that I haven't been particularly fond of from time to time it's been problem free to the best of my knowledge. When I get in for my next service I'll be sure to get some "dealer can not replicate"s to report with.

Latest posts

Back