POLL: problems or no problems

Problems yes or no?

• problems (please list and post mileage)

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • no problems (feel free to post mileage)

Votes: 87 82.1%

• Total voters
no problems 13,XXX miles.....atp fmic, standback set @18 psi, cobb SRI, Cpe full TBE and not one problem yet.....(and no tune)

12,000 miles - Problems
Early '07, purchased new in April

About 1,200 miles, the fan chewed a hole through a coolant hose. A plastic bracket broke and allowed the hose to slowly move into the fan blade. Luckily close to home and at slow speeds. TOWED

About 4,000 miles, crank sensor mount sheared and the car shut off. I was traveling at approx 20mph, heavy traffic, just turned a corner and soon as I started to accelerate, bang and it shut down, would not restart (obviously). TOWED.

2 recalls

Appointment next week for:
The pass rear stabilizer bolt has backed off twice. Even after Loctite'd it loosened up again. Leaking drivers window seal and a backfire between gears under certain conditions, not at wot. Rattles: windshield, pass seat belt, something in the front suspension (front stabilizer bushing?), what is likely the rear stabilizer bushing(s) and the rough shifting trans. Horrible when cold

Really enjoy driving the car, but have had more issues than I consider normal for a new car. Comparing this to the 15 or so new vehicles I've purchased over the years. Bit disappointing

Air fuel ratio sensor. Took 5 trips to the dealer to fix, I HATED this car for 6 months. It ran like crap, surging while driving. Dealer fixed it. Was ready to tell them to shove the POS up their ass. But they fixed it and it runs great. 27000 miles and I'm glad I purchased it. Other than the said problem with the air fuel ratio sensor, zero problems and love it, now.

07- GT 10,000miles/ No problems... maybe other then the fact that the car is TOO much fun!

yeah, i notice my cowl is rattling now, at least thats what i think it is... its a rattle that sounds like it is coming from my dash. would this be it and does the dealer have a TSB for it?

yeah, i notice my cowl is rattling now, at least thats what i think it is... its a rattle that sounds like it is coming from my dash. would this be it and does the dealer have a TSB for it?

sounds like it and yes there is a tsb. actually there are 2 for that issue. one states to re-torque and the other states to replace the clips

11k miles

2008 CBM

MS CAI

Day one: CEL, fixed/flashed under warranty

Two nails in tires covered under the Total Care extended warranty (nana)

Otherwise, perfect. This car has been the most trouble free new car I have ever owned...out of three new cars.

Last edited:
13k miles. other than the windshield rattle during cold temps (there have been threads about this issue), no issues whatsoever

sounds like alot of the problems happened on the 2007's due to first year the car was being built. It would be interesting to know what the year and when the month the car was built.... maybe there is some relation.

30K and no problems! The first problem i posted on this thread was a result of me forgetting to connect the fog light when I removed the front bumper to do some work...

Back