Pissed off with Mazda Dealer! But I won! And it appears that Mazda cars are garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, you can get some seriously awesome aftermarket rotors for $150/pair. You do know that now, right? PM me if you need specifics.

Yes. I know. That was the one time in the last decade I went to the dealer for non-warranty work. I rationalized it was the dead of winter, and I had tax refund money, so why not. I usually look to EBC or offerings at Tire Rack for rotors and pads.

It's nice to see that I have had 568 views and 36 replies concerning my brake problem. I though my issues over, tested the machined rotors, and concluded that they are OK so far, so I will just wait until spring and do all 4 corners of my brakes (rotors/pads) with wagner stuff from AdvanceAuto like I did my wife's Honda. It would be a shame to get rid of a van that cost me less than $20000 new. I mean I could get a Pilot but the damn thing is a guzzler and it costs a lot more. I still feel that the dealer treated me like crap SO I TURNED THE OTHER CHEEK AND SENT HIM A COWORKER WHO ENDED UP BUYING A NEW 2012 MAZDA3 FROM THEM, so take that. Maybe next time I come in they will offer me some coffee...LOL.
So you'll be sticking around? I also think you're not going to like how much value you lose in selling/trading it in. I also had to vent from my first oil change- perhaps you saw it.

I still hate this car's cheap interior. If only Ford came through with the Cmax, which I believe would be a better/plusher car. If you read some of the early reviews for the CX5, it sounds like Mazda (now no longer directly associated with Ford -hmm) is addressing it with better materials. Look forward to NOT seeing FoMoCo stamping (so far I see on transmission, shocks, calipers, which are the only areas of the car that I've touched thus far. I do like the new Ford. Mazda need to made source suppliers on their own terms. I like and see good things for them.

Last edited:
What I am trying to say is that this is the time of super advanced computerized cars but they can't get a round piece of steel right (that is the rotor), shame on them. Then charge me more. I had that problem with a brand new 1998 Kia Sephia LS but they fixed them for free and I would have expected low quality anyways. Yes, should have bought a Honda. After 5 years all I did to my wife's Honda is change pads and rotors after 4 years. I am sick of living in a fantasy and saying oh its just a bearing, it's just misaligned, it's just warped. No, it's a piece of crap and garbage after 1 year. And it's going back for every TSB and noise and recall and weird behavior. In the end I am the one that paid all that money for it. Zoom-zoom back to the dealer's waiting room!

Lucky you that's all you had to do to the Honda. But you don't mention model or year. My Accord was trouble-free too, except that the ABS module was full-on POS. I refused to replace it and learned to live w normal braking and a really annoying yellow light on the dash. That was before the timing belt supposedly got caught on the gasket for the T-belt cover and threw itself off by 6 teeth, resulting in an entire head job. And then there are the 2-gen Odysseys that have a transmission failure rate of something like 1 in 10 at least. And that building a brand new transmission mid-cycle didn't even solve the problem. The dealers refused to admit there was a problem and kept stringing customers along. Some paid $5K to replace the transmission even tho there was a hushed-up warranty xtnsn to 109K. But its OK, we all know that Honda is venerable and the apex of all automotive product-worshipping. Nothing ever happens to Honda vehicles. I don't even know why I don't own one anymore. Must be the demons in may head trying to convince me to bankrupt myself on repair bills and burn my family alive in a burning Mazda5.

Yup worked for Honda during that time. 94-97 Accords ABS problems galore. 99-03 Odysseys and 98-02 Accord tranny problems galore. 91-97 Accord 4-cyl. Timing belt issues due to balance shaft seal slipping out.

-ABS issue - ABS modulator and accumulator
-Trans issue - complete trans or if lucky the "Mickey Mouse" fix
of attaching a jet-like thingy to squirt trans oil into the diff. Which eventually
failed to work and needed a trans anyway.
-Timing belt issue - install a fork like retainer to hold back the "still" loose oil seal
just to prevent it from completely slipping out.

Anyway not going to bad mouth any manufacturer. Just know that they all have issues and they all have temporary fixes that work or prolong the real issue. Mazda has them and believe me Honda does too.

Yes. I know. That was the one time in the last decade I went to the dealer for non-warranty work. I rationalized it was the dead of winter, and I had tax refund money, so why not. I usually look to EBC or offerings at Tire Rack for rotors and pads.

The EBCs with the coated vents are awesome. My old Focus discs never did rust on the inside.

Yup worked for Honda during that time. 94-97 Accords ABS problems galore. 99-03 Odysseys and 98-02 Accord tranny problems galore. 91-97 Accord 4-cyl. Timing belt issues due to balance shaft seal slipping out.

-ABS issue - ABS modulator and accumulator
-Trans issue - complete trans or if lucky the "Mickey Mouse" fix
of attaching a jet-like thingy to squirt trans oil into the diff. Which eventually
failed to work and needed a trans anyway.
-Timing belt issue - install a fork like retainer to hold back the "still" loose oil seal
just to prevent it from completely slipping out.

Anyway not going to bad mouth any manufacturer. Just know that they all have issues and they all have temporary fixes that work or prolong the real issue. Mazda has them and believe me Honda does too.

I sold an '09 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 with 5,500 miles on it. Blue with tan leather. That was the biggest POS I ever owned. So glad I bailed while I still could. I actually feel really bad for the sucker who didn't do their due diligence and bought it. Good God that car had problems on ever single part that you looked at. It was pathetic.

However, I own an '11 Civic Si, and while it does have some problem with the front passenger shock, or something, it is a decent car and takes a beating pretty well. I hear the new ones are awful.

Yup worked for Honda during that time. ... 98-02 Accord tranny problems galore...
I know what you mean - I also frequent a Honda Accord forum, I have a '99 Accord, and see lots of transmission issues discussed there. The basic recommendation is to avoid V6s from those years (6th gen) and be careful with the I4's. At least with the I4 you can do an auto to manual tranny swap. Mine has a factory manual transmission, still going strong. Even the clutch is still original at 130,000 miles.

Last edited:
My brother has a '00 v6 Accord (now at 160K) and it also had a lot of problems (inclusive of the transmission that was replace, twice) but still runs strong with said problems. Avoid auto V6s (I believe MTX are fine, no?) but there was still a lot of issues. I had a '97 Civic that had some minor problems but was pretty solid until it was stolen. The saying is that Honda is an Engineering company first, car (or lawn mower or jet) company second. That said, their motor is what is gold but they've lost that engineering edge about them.

This has become the official Mazda owners bashing Honda thread. I don't like new Honda. Let the flames begin!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back