People who are too fastidious with the interior...

since my car is still new (less than 4 months old) im pretty strict about what i let ppl do in my car
it always ends up that someone leaves their garbage in my car.. and then thats the last time i let them eat in it lol
but over the summer i would work construction so i went out and bought 2 black towels and would put one on my seat after work or after the gym to keep it clean

I'm like most of you here about keeping your car clean.

There is nothing satisfying than getting into a nice clean freshly detailed ride..brings a smile to my face..lol

As for anyone getting into my car, I'll tell them to dust off their shoes, and to not spill their food in my car... sometimes some will be like, man that's ****** up... I'm like well you go and buy your own car and do what you like smart ass...

Hell I tell them to not slam my door when they get in or out!! hahaha

by the way, what the heck does OCD mean??? =\

OCD means...

I'm like most of you here about keeping your car clean.

There is nothing satisfying than getting into a nice clean freshly detailed ride..brings a smile to my face..lol

As for anyone getting into my car, I'll tell them to dust off their shoes, and to not spill their food in my car... sometimes some will be like, man that's ****** up... I'm like well you go and buy your own car and do what you like smart ass...

Hell I tell them to not slam my door when they get in or out!! hahaha

by the way, what the heck does OCD mean??? =\

...Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Most car guys are OCD. Or just plain crazy.(freak)

Last edited:
I don't take my car anywhere where there'd be any muddy feet, that's for the krazy truck. No food, no air fresheners or heavy cologne, seat covers whole time, AC on all the time, garage kept & NO SMOKING!..........Still have new car smell from 03.

I keep my car reasonably clean. My father is fastidious about keeping cars clean and it rubbed off on me. When he and my mom bought me my 96 G20 as a college graduation gift & first car, he told me if he ever came to visit and it was dirty, he was taking those keys right back.

I wash my P5 and keep it clean. I don't mind drinking or eating in my car but I have a you spill it, you clean it rule. So far no one has spilled anything. My only real rule is absolutely no smoking. ugh! Nothing worse than a car that smells like cigarettes.

It's just a car

When I was single and had nothing really going on responsibility wise, I was a nut about my car. Looking back, it was a waste of time. Kept me happy and busy though.

Now, it's just a ******* car. A nice car and I certainly keep them clean, but not overly anal clean.

Auto carpet is so tough and easy to clean I don't worry about it. My wife spilled coffee and let it sit for a week in our other car, Light Grey interior, and it came out no problem.

I try and vacuum and wipe down the inside once per week. The outside every 1-2 weeks or if I have time in the evenings. I do try and clean it for occasions and trips.

The van, I'll run her through car-washes and s***, but it's just a minivan. I have it detailed twice per year and buffed to brand new so I don't worry about it much at all. I just have to keep the interior nice as that's where we all live when using it.

That's my take.

We had our P5 for almost 2 years before we ever waxed it. Go on.... start the flaming. LOL! I guess b/c we bought it used and we lived in an apt. at the time, it wasn't a big deal to us. But now that we have a garage to keep her in, my husband takes better care of her. Thank goodness for leather seats too! They stay really clean.... except for the time my husband was painting and got in the car for a second not realizing he had white paint on the back of his shirt. White paint on black leather. (doh)

You and your husband are just nasty (rlaugh)

We had our P5 for almost 2 years before we ever waxed it. Go on.... start the flaming. LOL! I guess b/c we bought it used and we lived in an apt. at the time, it wasn't a big deal to us. But now that we have a garage to keep her in, my husband takes better care of her. Thank goodness for leather seats too! They stay really clean.... except for the time my husband was painting and got in the car for a second not realizing he had white paint on the back of his shirt. White paint on black leather. (doh)

i have yet to wax my car. can't say i really plan on it either. just don't care enough. plus the backs of the front seats have dirt mountain bike tire treads on them from loading bikes in. haven't cleaned my interior yet so not bothering to clean that off, especially since it'll just come back the next time i go biking. it's just a car to me, other things are far more important to spend time and money on

what i dont understand is how some of you can pay 20k+ for a car, and not bother to take care of it properly.

take 2 cars. both owned for the same period of time, both the exact same car and color. Only one owner takes the time to use good wash technique, use good detailing products. His paint is generally swirl free, his interior is in excellent condition. the other guy doesnt bother to clean his car, and runs it through the local swirlomatic, or the local handwash who uses the same shammy they dropped on the floor and used on the 15 other cars in front of him. His paint is in terrible condition. deep marks from bad washing and drying technique as well as the wrong materials, completlely swirled finish that is starting oxidize because it was never waxed or protected. Headights are hazed and yellow, wheels have brake dust caked on them.

Whos car do you think will sell better privately? who do you think will make more money back from their car after X amount of time.

A car is one of the biggest investments of your life. why not take care of it?

what i dont understand is how some of you can pay 20k+ for a car, and not bother to take care of it properly.

take 2 cars. both owned for the same period of time, both the exact same car and color. Only one owner takes the time to use good wash technique, use good detailing products. His paint is generally swirl free, his interior is in excellent condition. the other guy doesnt bother to clean his car, and runs it through the local swirlomatic, or the local handwash who uses the same shammy they dropped on the floor and used on the 15 other cars in front of him. His paint is in terrible condition. deep marks from bad washing and drying technique as well as the wrong materials, completlely swirled finish that is starting oxidize because it was never waxed or protected. Headights are hazed and yellow, wheels have brake dust caked on them.

Whos car do you think will sell better privately? who do you think will make more money back from their car after X amount of time.

A car is one of the biggest investments of your life. why not take care of it?

One of the biggest investments? These are Mazdas, not Aston Martins. The thing depreciates the minute you drive it off the lot. My car is a means of transportation. It's not something I need to get all "OMG! There's a speck of dirt on it, grab the detailing products!"

If I have to worry about cleaning it every week, then it'll take the enjoyment out of owning it. If people want to dote on their car, more power to them! (alright) But I have better things to do with my time than to worry about the resale value of my car.

Also, with regard to your scenario, person A could take great care of his car, but how many accidents has it been in? How many miles does it have on it? How many dents, scratches, curb rash on the wheels? These factors also affect resale value. ;)

A car is one of the biggest investments of your life.
(rofl)
car and investment do not belong in the same sentence unless the word "poor" is somewhere in there. two points: most people buy cars to get from A to B. if it's still doing that and is all in one piece does it really matter what it looks like? second is most cosmetic problems can be fixed after the fact if you want to get rid of a car. a good detailing can take care of most swirls, brake dust is pretty easy to remove, even a new coat of clear isn't that expensive if you're looking to dump the car. so you can either spend the life of the car obsessing over every little flaw that happens (the most serious of which are going to come from factors beyond your control anyways) or you can relax, treat it as a car, then when it's time to sell spend a few hundred bucks to have it made to look the same as the car that was obsessed over its entire life. most people will pick option B

arent investments supposed to appreciate in value? Since when did japanese 4 bangers start doing that?

Latest posts

Back