pats...

Ugggg. Well at least I can say I am proud of the Steelers. Yes, the Patsies outplayed them, and yes BEN made some rookie mistakes, BUT I must digress, he did take us this far as a rookie.

Well, lets see what happens in 2 weeks.

Phillies gonna riot once the Pats stomp the hell out of them.

Change your sig numbnuts :D

was there any doubts that the Pats where gonna not win the Superbowl after bringing out the snow machines they used to help them beat the Colts.

vindication said:
was there any doubts that the Pats where gonna not win the Superbowl after bringing out the snow machines they used to help them beat the Colts.

NO there wasn't. Thats right, the Pats are so good that they actualy control the weather !!!

Colts = most over rated team EVER!
(bike)

colts weren't overrated. everyone knows there defense suck big hairy monkey nuts. it was just a matter if their offense could overcome their defense against the Pat's.

vindication said:
colts weren't overrated. everyone knows there defense suck big hairy monkey nuts. it was just a matter if their offense could overcome their defense against the Pat's.

Thats exactly why they were over rated. They couldn't over come a good defense.

The only reason Payton even touched Marinos record is because of the BS rule changes regarding recievers this year. The other reason they are overa rated is becuase just like the Big Ben, Payton can not deliver under pressure. Once your in his head, he just screws the pooch.

Over comming the Pats defense is one thing but only being able to put up 3 points is just sad for the #1 rated quarter back and #1 rate offense.

They are vastly over rated and because of it, once again don't get to even play in the super bowl. Other then perhaps the Falcons, any of the teams left last week would have destroyed them. I'm just pissed that bulls*** rule changes enacted due to the colts bitching after the patriots whipped them last year in the play offs, led to Marino getting robbed of his record.

Pats we're favorites going into that game. The pool's we're betting on a landslide victory for the pats. I've got two points on the patriots beating the eagles in the superbowl. The steelers never even had a chance. The colts? Who actually thought the colts would make it anywhere with their piss-poor defense..

those poor steelers fans, now they know how we felt for years!

"We're all like devastated," Nick Hoban said after the game. Hoban, who lives on the South Side, said he already had purchased six airline tickets, six Super Bowl tickets and several Jacksonville, Fla., hotel rooms for him, his two sons and three nephews. Total cost: $25,000.

Now, Hoban said, he'll try to unload everything. He's hopeful of recouping most of his money. But the lost opportunity, he said, was priceless. "It's all we talked about," he said of the Steelers and the chance to go to the Super Bowl. "We ate it, slept it and drank it."

there's always next year

Last edited:
bazooka joe said:
those poor steelers fans, no they know how we felst for years!

"We're all like devastated," Nick Hoban said after the game. Hoban, who lives on the South Side, said he already had purchased six airline tickets, six Super Bowl tickets and several Jacksonville, Fla., hotel rooms for him, his two sons and three nephews. Total cost: $25,000.

Now, Hoban said, he'll try to unload everything. He's hopeful of recouping most of his money. But the lost opportunity, he said, was priceless. "It's all we talked about," he said of the Steelers and the chance to go to the Super Bowl. "We ate it, slept it and drank it."

there's always next year

Speaking of, do you think the Bus might try to come here for his last year so he can actualy win one?

1sty said:
Speaking of, do you think the Bus might try to come here for his last year so he can actualy win one?

sorry to break it to yah but the Pat's aren't gonna be winning another superbowl for a while after this one.

vindication said:
sorry to break it to yah but the Pat's aren't gonna be winning another superbowl for a while after this one.

Do you think that because they are loosing the coordinators?
If so, I wouldn't worry about that to much. They have people in the organization that can step up and alot of coordinators would love a chot with this team. Almost all of there players are comming back next year and probably a few others that want a ring like Dillion did this year. So even more great players for short money. Corner backs come to mind first.

Regardless, they will either be in the super bowl next year agian and at very least they will see the AFC championship game again.

Just be content that His little Bro is getting hard knocks now so that he will be better mentaly prepared for tough situations later on. Unlike Payton, he should end up a great clutch player.

Last edited:
bazooka joe said:
do you think he fits the "mold"?

Absolutly. He took a sizable pay cut and gave up his spot on the team so that he could play again this year with a good team. He seems like a very good team player and doesn't have a terrible ego like most players would if they were one of the altime rushers. Plus him an dillion as a pair would be unstoppable. Defenses would just give up.

boostisgood said:
Ugggg. Well at least I can say I am proud of the Steelers. Yes, the Patsies outplayed them, and yes BEN made some rookie mistakes, BUT I must digress, he did take us this far as a rookie.

Well, lets see what happens in 2 weeks.

still not a believer? look what your stillers did to the eagles this year?

Last edited:
bazooka joe said:
go pats! i say pick him up, the guy is a moose!
there's only one moose, and he retired from the cowboys a few years ago. damn he was good. damn I'm a sad sad cowboys fan.

my new desk top

The Colts led the NFL in scoring but were held to a field goal. The Steelers gave up the fewest points in the league but surrendered 41. Against the Steelies the Patriots gained 322 yards, 108 of them on three touchdown plays, and scored 24 points off turnovers.

Attachments

• losers! copy.jpg
    losers! copy.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
interesting stuff:

Judging a team by its performance against quality opponents turned out to be an accurate way to predict playoff results this year. Against teams with a winning record, the Patriots went 7-1 and outscored their opponents by an average of 9.9 points per game -- the greatest margin of victory in the league.

A defining moment

The Patriots have fond memories of their last meaningful game against the Eagles, though the week leading up to it was torturous. They were coming off a 31-0 loss to the Buffalo Bills in their opener, and Belichick was under fire for cutting safety Lawyer Milloy just days before the start of the season.

Earlier that morning, football analyst Tom Jackson boldly claimed on ESPNs Sunday NFL Countdown show that the Patriots "hate their coach," and during an interview with Sports Illustrated, respected veteran Tedy Bruschi said he wasnt as committed to the Patriots as he was to his college team.

The backlash wouldve been worse with another loss, and the Patriots wouldve returned home with an 0-2 record after missing the playoffs the previous year, but they stemmed the tide with a 31-10 rout.

They held McNabb to 186 yards on 18-of-46 passing with two interceptions. It got so ugly that the fans at Lincoln Financial Field began chanting for backup A.J. Feeley -- now a starter with the Dolphins -- in the third quarter.

Back