Past dealership service records for CX-5 I just bought?

So I recently purchased a used CX-5 and on the Carfax report, the dealerships just put "Vehicle Serviced" but no details on what the servicing included. The car was serviced at various Mazda dealerships over the years.

Any ideas on how I can get the service records? If I contact all the individual dealerships would they give me access to the service records?

some do, some dont. Just give a call to one and ask. The car has a record with Mazda where all official work is recorded. Any dealer can print that for you (if they want). Its free.
Some dealers dont log all sessions to Mazda due to laziness or other reason. But it doesnt hurt to ask.

With my own used 2016 purchase, I got lucky in that the original buyer had purchased at that specific dealership and did a trade-in at that dealership ... and so it was fairly straightforward to get the specific records (once I knew the shops where the owner had gotten services).

If Mazda can identify the list of shops involved, even if they don't have the details you might be able to directly contact those shops and get details from them. Maybe.

With my own used 2016 purchase, I got lucky in that the original buyer had purchased at that specific dealership and did a trade-in at that dealership ... and so it was fairly straightforward to get the specific records (once I knew the shops where the owner had gotten services).

If Mazda can identify the list of shops involved, even if they don't have the details you might be able to directly contact those shops and get details from them. Maybe.

Thanks - I'm going to reach out to all the dealerships and see what they can provide. Fingers crossed.

I saw online there's also a Mazda service portal where apparently one can get all their service records but for some reason it doesn't allow me to register so not sure if that's strictly for dealerships or if a regular person can get their service records from there.

You don't have to contact multiple dealers. One will be able to access the details of the work done at any other Mazda dealer. They may want to confirm that you are the owner

They can be strange at times. I bought a BMW many years ago and was able to get a printout of the service records, but many others on the BMW forums said they were denied when they tried the same. Some dealers deem it private information. Makes no sense to me, as once the car is with a new owner, why wouldn't they be granted access to all the previous records at the dealership?

They can be strange at times. I bought a BMW many years ago and was able to get a printout of the service records, but many others on the BMW forums said they were denied when they tried the same. Some dealers deem it private information. Makes no sense to me, as once the car is with a new owner, why wouldn't they be granted access to all the previous records at the dealership?

Yep those are my thoughts exactly. I'll update this thread once I speak to the dealerships. On the bright side, the previous owner is very easy to communicate with and has been answering any questions I have in terms of previous servicing and work done.

Yep those are my thoughts exactly. I'll update this thread once I speak to the dealerships. On the bright side, the previous owner is very easy to communicate with and has been answering any questions I have in terms of previous servicing and work done.
That could be best. Maybe they will scan and send you the old records they have?

Back