What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Had a mobile vinyl/leather repair guy come by the house and fix two small tears in my drivers seat. While he was at it he re-surfaced the butt and side bolster area as well; they were showing signs of wear. Very happy with the results. #newcreations

Before & after pictures.
They do good work, most of their guys will go that little bit extra.

Send the company a review, and drop the name of the tech, they constantly have friendly wagers between staff.

Happened yesterday, right after work.

20240516_160641.jpg

20240516_160648.jpg

20240516_160658.jpg

I was going 50 km/h, proceeding though the intersection. Normal speed limit on this street is 80 km/h, but speeds were reduced due to some road work in the leftmost lanes. The green Ford Escape was stopped at the Yield sign. At the last second, he accelerates into my lane. I didn't have much time or room to react appropriately, and I did honk, swerve and brake to try to avoid the collision, but he just kept going and hit me. I was the only one in the car at the time. No injuries to anyone involved, and I had two witnesses volunteer their information to provide support.

This sucks because it's been such a long time since I've been involved in a multi vehicle collision, and I just had my wheels repaired and refinished. Judging by the rim damage, they'll have to replace it and then repaint it to match the other wheels. But hey, at least nobody was injured. Could have been much worse if this happened while the speed limit wasn't reduced.

View attachment 328341

View attachment 328342

View attachment 328343

I was going 50 km/h, proceeding though the intersection. Normal speed limit on this street is 80 km/h, but speeds were reduced due to some road work in the leftmost lanes. The green Ford Escape was stopped at the Yield sign. At the last second, he accelerates into my lane. I didn't have much time or room to react appropriately, and I did honk, swerve and brake to try to avoid the collision, but he just kept going and hit me. I was the only one in the car at the time. No injuries to anyone involved, and I had two witnesses volunteer their information to provide support.

This sucks because it's been such a long time since I've been involved in a multi vehicle collision, and I just had my wheels repaired and refinished. Judging by the rim damage, they'll have to replace it and then repaint it to match the other wheels. But hey, at least nobody was injured. Could have been much worse if this happened while the speed limit wasn't reduced.
That sucks thankfully your good, their good. And at least ur not in BC with that no fault insurance

View attachment 328341

View attachment 328342

View attachment 328343

Oh boy. I am so sorry. Looks like you just cannot get a break. I hope they can fix it quickly. Good thing no one was injured. Wish you all the best.

Oh boy. I am so sorry. Looks like you just cannot get a break. I hope they can fix it quickly. Good thing no one was injured. Wish you all the best.

Thanks! Yeah it's more annoying than anything else. Could have been a lot worse.

The video and pics hurt me. A lot. But you're right, it could have been worse and I'm glad to know everyone's good. It WILL get fixed and make sure you share pics of when it's done. (y)

The video and pics hurt me. A lot. But you're right, it could have been worse and I'm glad to know everyone's good. It WILL get fixed and make sure you share pics of when it's done. (y)

Will do! I had planned to do a full paint correction earlier this month too, but I had to wait for the polisher I had ordered to arrive. Just got word that it's available for pickup today. At least I didn't waste time polishing that side up, haha.

hey all,
I don't know if u all have noticed but the glossy black plastic part that surrounds the gear selector is quite difficult to maintain in good shape, it scratches quite easily, any one of you guys have any idea if there is a replacement part for this? or after market mod parts?
Im thinking maybe some vinyl wrap from auto store/Amazon ~ $10-$20

Im thinking maybe some vinyl wrap from auto store/Amazon ~ $10-$20

Check out Rvinyl - I've purchased several kits from them already and I'm very happy with the quality of their products. Their CX-9 kit includes everything to cover areas that will attract fingerprints. Their kit often includes enough pieces for TWO installations - I guess meant to make use of the entire vinyl sheet they use. I still have an extra complete set from the original kit I purchased.

IMG_20240518_162247195.jpg

IMG_20240518_162233644.jpg

IMG_20240518_162201275.jpg

IMG_20240518_162149365.jpg

IMG_20240518_162142470.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah it's more annoying than anything else. Could have been a lot worse.
Ugh. So painful to see. I agree it's very annoying for everyone involved. Just the sheer amount of idiot drivers I see on the roads today is concerning. I wonder if this is the case in all parts of Canada/the world (not just the GTA; for you Canadians out here).

The worst of it: you can be the best, most cautious/defensive driver out on the road, but you can't control/correct for all of the other morons.

Ugh. So painful to see. I agree it's very annoying for everyone involved. Just the sheer amount of idiot drivers I see on the roads today is concerning. I wonder if this is the case in all parts of Canada/the world (not just the GTA; for you Canadians out here).

The worst of it: you can be the best, most cautious/defensive driver out on the road, but you can't control/correct for all of the other morons.

I hear you. I had another close call yesterday while making a left turn into a parking lot. A car exiting the parking lot was focusing solely on the oncoming traffic and didn't see me turning in front of him until I laid on the horn.

Annotation 2024-05-22 083924.png

Pardon the crappy snip & sketch work, lol. I'm green, red car is other driver, blue car is oncoming traffic. Orange dots are the active turn signal indicators. I had already started to turn when the red driver started to accelerate to beat the blue car. He would have hit me if I hadn't been paying attention and jumped on the horn early. His reaction time was terrible, almost 3 seconds of laying on the horn until he actually hit the brakes. SMH

Oh I also changed my cabin air filter a few days ago. Air quality was pretty bad over here last week due to some nearby wildfires.

Oh I also changed my cabin air filter a few days ago. Air quality was pretty bad over here last week due to some nearby wildfires.
Is that carbon tax helping with that?
I haven't seen the carbon tax improve anything in BC yet.

I got a sheet hepa and cut it down to fit last year.

View attachment 328341

View attachment 328342

View attachment 328343

Sorry to hear of this unfortunate circumstance with her. But I am pleased u r ok and it’s not that bad as I’ve seen much worse. You will definitely have to source used if not otherwise Japan as they hardly have part in the USA for the cx9 which I’m sure affect you in CA also. I’m glad you are fixing her and will be back to the day u got her once complete. Your maintenance preventatives enable her to keep running like like new. I showed a prior post to a tech and he suggested I copied if keeping mine.
Btw I think I saw a cx9 being parted on eBay. In case this helps w the doors etc

Sorry to hear of this unfortunate circumstance with her. But I am pleased u r ok and it’s not that bad as I’ve seen much worse. You will definitely have to source used if not otherwise Japan as they hardly have part in the USA for the cx9 which I’m sure affect you in CA also. I’m glad you are fixing her and will be back to the day u got her once complete. Your maintenance preventatives enable her to keep running like like new. I showed a prior post to a tech and he suggested I copied if keeping mine.
Btw I think I saw a cx9 being parted on eBay. In case this helps w the doors etc

Thanks @Hhova29, appreciate the tip on sourcing used parts but I think the insurance company and the dealership will want to source the new doors direct from the factory first. If they can't, then we'll be looking at used doors for sure.

View attachment 328341

View attachment 328342

View attachment 328343

Wow, how did I miss this...Relieved you're ok @sm1ke but sorry to hear about the damage to your CX-9...Ouch! 😲

Wow, how did I miss this...Relieved you're ok @sm1ke but sorry to hear about the damage to your CX-9...Ouch! 😲

Thanks Antoine! Yeah it was a good thing we were travelling at reduced speeds due to roadwork two lanes over. I was also the only person in the car at the time. Could have been a lot worse, that's for sure.

Back