"Pass Airbag Off" warning light

Velodog2

:
Cx5 touring
Ok, I think I've pretty well satisfied myself that this light is actually sposed to illuminate just because there is no one in the passenger seat, in order to remind you that yes in fact this thing will not blow up to not protect the person who is not there in case of an accident. I've been in and owned other cars that did not have this "feature" so I'm assuming it's not federally mandated for our own protection.

Considering that this is already one of the more aesthetically challenged areas of the interior, at least on the non-auto climate control versions, even with it's admittedly cool vintage 80's gen-u-wine digital clock, anyone have any suggestions for disabling it? Disassemble the console and rip out the bulb? Any unintended consequences of doing this, like disabling the airbag for good? Or just keep a few cinderblocks on the passenger seat?

$15 million dollars was spent on testing that logo and wording to make sure it would be pleasing but also alarming. You really shouldn't have a problem with it.

If you disable the warning light you won't know if the airbag is actually off when someone is sitting in that seat.

I don't think I even look at that part of the dash very often when I'm driving, I only notice it when I'm first starting out.

I see them in lots of cars, I smell.....lawyers! And you had to mention the clock. I know, it does what it is supposed to do but the only good think about it is that it may be very lame, but at least it's so small that you can't see it anyway. Looks like it was an afterthought to an otherwise wonderful interior.

Back