painted oem wheels

b-ron, now all you need to do is paint your calipers neon orange and you'll be in business! Also, for the love of GOD and Jimmy dean sausages don't forget to make that silver gas cap thingy disappear!

I actually bought his silver gas cap from him, it should arrive today! Since my car is sunlight silver I think the gas cap will look good on it since it will blend with the paint color.

i realize this is a little late, but i've been thinking recently about painting my rims too. prob gold, but not settled on that yet because im not sure how good that would look after having painted my brake calipers blue.

b-ron, i saw you said that you just left the tires on the rims and painted it like that. my question is, did you take the wheels off the car to do it? i dont have a lift or anything, and i'd rather not leave the car on jacks for a while (am i the only one who has issues getting this car up on jack stands?) but i dont think it would be too hard to mask everything off around the rims to avoid overspray on the car.

any ideas / suggestions on that?

i realize this is a little late, but i've been thinking recently about painting my rims too. prob gold, but not settled on that yet because im not sure how good that would look after having painted my brake calipers blue.

b-ron, i saw you said that you just left the tires on the rims and painted it like that. my question is, did you take the wheels off the car to do it? i dont have a lift or anything, and i'd rather not leave the car on jacks for a while (am i the only one who has issues getting this car up on jack stands?) but i dont think it would be too hard to mask everything off around the rims to avoid overspray on the car.

any ideas / suggestions on that?

hey man. i'll chime in...

i think the easiest way to paint your wheels would be to take them off of the car, then get some index cards so you don't get any paint on the tires.

done. :)

hey man. i'll chime in...

i think the easiest way to paint your wheels would be to take them off of the car, then get some index cards so you don't get any paint on the tires.

done. :)

agreed, it'd be easier to paint them off the car, but up at school my driveway is all rock, not enough room to do it on the street, and i really dont know of where i'd have a good place to jack it up for a while to let the multiple coats of paint dry.

it shouldnt be too hard to mask the tires decently well... just need some painters masking tape and some newspaper. same for overspray shield on the fenders. i think the biggest problem i would run into would be stuffing paper in behind the spokes so i didnt spray all over the brakes and such.

Wow uhateit, those are some clean wheels. If I didn't want wider tires I would look into painting my wheels that way. That looks really nice

Back