Owners or potential owners: If you have to pick ONE thing you don't like about the 3.

Okay, no picture yet, but, I called the dealer...

M3ForMe said:
Also, I'm going to visit the dealer again so, hopefully they can explain what i"m lookin at....

(boom06)

Well, dude, person. You know...

It appears that the device I talked about in the car is used by ther service department for troubleshooting... Bummer, it seemed to be a port or something I could have used as a second power source. It is almost the same size and shape of a "parrallel port" on a computer. Although they did not give me a difinitive answer casue it was a sales person. I will call the service department for a confirmation...! I'll post it in the morning.

M3ForMe said:
Well, dude, person. You know...

It appears that the device I talked about in the car is used by ther service department for troubleshooting... Bummer, it seemed to be a port or something I could have used as a second power source. It is almost the same size and shape of a "parrallel port" on a computer. Although they did not give me a difinitive answer casue it was a sales person. I will call the service department for a confirmation...! I'll post it in the morning.

Yeah, I thought that might have been what you were talking about but since you don't have your location listed, I figured yours might be different than mine. Anyway, that's the diagnostic port where they attach a computer to pull codes and diagnose driveability issues.

I actually got an e-mail back from Mazda yesterday and they confirmed there there is no separate 12V outlet, apologized for the misleading nature of the spec sheet and said they have no established procedure for converting the lighter from key-on power to key-off power.

If anybody is interested, I'll post the procedure once I develop it.

The only things wrong with my hatch are:
1. Lack of a remote rear hatch release.
2. Red console backlighting.
3. Funky stereo configuration, making aftermarket head units more of a chore.

Otherwise, delighted.

I feel like I'm Mr. Sulu on the U.S.S. Enterprise when ever I change an option on my stereo and a little red led moves which is kinda cool, but like most of you I do wish I had the option to swap out the stereo which of course I was well aware of before I purchased the car.

-X-

Thanks for the follow up....

goldwing2000 said:
Yeah, I thought that might have been what you were talking about but since you don't have your location listed, I figured yours might be different than mine. Anyway, that's the diagnostic port where they attach a computer to pull codes and diagnose driveability issues.

I actually got an e-mail back from Mazda yesterday and they confirmed there there is no separate 12V outlet, apologized for the misleading nature of the spec sheet and said they have no established procedure for converting the lighter from key-on power to key-off power.

If anybody is interested, I'll post the procedure once I develop it.

I've never been a part of a forum before so thanx for the follow up. It's cool to know that you can actually get some answers from people...

Bombtrack said:
so far my only complaint is the horn... its so wimpy :p

Agreed! I'll be rectifying that situation shortly. The air horn brackets are in for powder coating as we speak... err... type.

Back