Owners or potential owners: If you have to pick ONE thing you don't like about the 3.

I couldn't find the handle to close the hatch for the Mazda3 Sedan. I have to touch the hatch to close or open it. I don't really like that coz it tends to scratch the paint easier than having some sort of handle on it.

On the other hand.... the interior is N-I-C-E..... :D

1) No xenons for Canadians
2) No heated seats for leather (not a biggie)
3) No Nav for Canadians
4) No HVAC for Canadians
5) No light on sun visor (like jinino)

Other than that....great car! :D

No light on sun visor pisses me off a bit. My girlfriend more than me :D but still. This is the kind of thing I expect to have standard. What good is a sun visor mirror in the dark....

Would have been real easy and cheap to add that. I feel I have sun visors from a base Toyota echo lol.

M3-GT said:
No light on sun visor pisses me off a bit. My girlfriend more than me :D but still. This is the kind of thing I expect to have standard. What good is a sun visor mirror in the dark....

Would have been real easy and cheap to add that. I feel I have sun visors from a base Toyota echo lol.

believe it or not, I don't even have a mirror on the driver side of my integra. :)

but then my car wasn't meant to be luxury to start with anyway. :)

the "one" main thing?

I am sure it is a great car but,,,,,,

every time I look at it, all i see is,

PONTIAC VIBE KNOCKOFF!

It really looks like that damn cheap crap Vibe!

Im keeping my P5.

p.s I'll give it this, the back end is very "current" Alfa Romeo....which is cool!.....but that side view?....Vibe

What is it with everybody complaining about no Automatic Climate Control? It's not a luxury sedan. You guys expect way too much. Get real.

If you can get climate control in something like a MINI Cooper, it's no longer considered a "luxury car" option. Same with heated seats. Both my Golf and Jetta have heated seats, and they're far from being luxurious.

They are luxury. Trust me.

Auto makers target different audiences. Mazda's mission statement is essentially to make a car fun to drive - "Zoom Zoom"; not to make a house on wheels.

I've had my 5-door automatic for about a week now, put about 550 miles on it, and am fairly pleased. Things I don't like: headlights should turn off when the ignition if off and you open the door. Steering wheel doesn't tilt down far enough, nor extend out far enough. I can't seem to get "comfortable". If I raise the seat height, it seems that the rear raises more than the front, so if I get it up where its comfortable, its trying to roll me off the front (not really, but you get the point). I know, I know, I know: "This isn't a luxury car!!!!". Agreed. Things I DO like: its relatively quiet, at all speeds. Its smooth, even at upper-end highway speeds (this car is very easy to speed in without realizing it), stereo is decent, love the controls on the steering wheel, heater would pop popcorn, this handles AWESOME, good suspension (not overly harsh, but it is firm), gets a fair amount of looks. Motor is very tame until about 3500 rpm, then I guess the variable valve timing takes over. I'm coming to this car from a '92 Camry V6 (same horsepower, BTW) that I absolutely adored. The MZ3 is nearly as quiet, handles better (shoulda got the ABS package, though...). I like the MZ3, but a small part of me feels that I shoulda shopped around some more. Maybe looked at an Altima, or Solara. The only other car that I had considered halfway seriously, and primarily due to its MPG and 5-door styling, was the Golf TDI. I am WAAYYY glad that I didn't get that. The MZ3 was priced very well for what it offers, and my dealer (Kings in Cincinnati) kicked ass. Ya know what? I think I made a good choice.

For a long road trip it is a very good thing to have automatic climate control. It stops the need for the constant switching on and off and the endless adjustment of the a/c controls. Moving from my college car (a '94 Saturn) to my current car I saught out the automatic a/c as a necessity.

I will SERIOUSLY be looking into getting the auto a/c from europe shipped to the states and installed.

Dre said:
What is it with everybody complaining about no Automatic Climate Control? It's not a luxury sedan. You guys expect way too much. Get real.

3Zoom3: I also was previously driving a '92 CAmry V6 with a 5-speed. LOL!

It is hard to say one thing, but here is my pro/con list on a loaded Titanium silver 5-speed

Pros:

HID's
little body roll
NAV
6-disc changer
smooth ride
turning radius
quick turn-in
quiet engine
those sequential radio LED's
lots of room
tlt/telescoping steering wheel
tail lights
short shift linkage

Cons:

No climate control (they went so far, but didn't quite make it)
exhaust too quiet (just a slight throaty burble would be nice)
No auto headlights
Stereo is pretty low-end (give me the MP3 stereo, please!)

Obviously, there is much more to like than dislike. Best in class as far as I'm concerned. The only thing that beats it is the MINI Cooper S, and they are 20% more loaded and still very hard to find. Plus it is a little too small.

the trunk opening on the sedan is a little small. even though the trunk itself is relatively large, it would be hard to fit bulkier items such as suitcases through the trunk opening. you would have to go through the rear doors.

Is there seriously no light in the truck of the Sedan? Why the hell would you leave something like that out? Espeically with the small opening. If I ever saw a trunk that absolutely needed a light, this would be it. Come on, even Chevy Cavaliers come with lights, as do their new cheap ass Avio, I believe. Mazda, what were you thinking?

Back