Oregon Shootout: MSP places 3rd overall, Wins Stock

MSP Pro

:
2003 Black Mica MSP
Last weekend was the Oregon Shootout Invitational, which is a two day, four course autox among all the class winners in the five autox clubs in Oregon; participation by invite only. All classes are Paxed together, with your best run of four from each of the four courses added together. It was beautiful weather in Redmond, Oregon, up in the mid 70s in mid-October! What a great event!

I placed 3rd overall and came in 1st in the Stock classification! I also set fastest overall Pax time on one of the four courses! It felt great, with the car really hooking up and my driving was the best I've ever done. I even beat my friend who won the Bremerton National Tour in his CS Miata!

Bottom line: Your MSP is a GREAT autox car! Get out there and compete! :D

I'll add a link to the times when they post them.

The 2004 Oregon Shootout results have now been posted at http://www.autoxclub.org

Look at the left side of the page and click on "Oregon Shootout" under Events. When that page loads, click on "2004 Shootout Results" for the full sets of times overall, by course, and paxed. You can bring up the overall and individual course results by clicking on the various buttons across the very bottom of the page. I'm still really high on these results as this is the best I've ever done in my 9 years of autox competition! Only 2 years autoxing in a Mazdaspeed Protege and I've improved sooooo much!

Sorry, the event photos were taken by a professional photographer who's used to doing aerial photos, so the shots were not that interesting. You can go to the Event Photos link on the left side of the page if you want to be bored.

Oh, I'm the guy in the black baseball cap on the left in the "2004 Category Dawgs" picture. Yeah, the one with the big $hit eating grin!

Overall best was Eric Armstrong in a DP Fiat X1/9, fully prepped, beautifully driven right at the limit! 2nd overall was Jim Daniels in his CSP Miata, well prepped but broke a sway bar mount on the first course, and well driven. Jim placed 4th in CSP at Topeka, 0.003 out of 3rd place! Both are great competitors and good people.

yep over a month ago!!! J/k theres always next year. I wish I could autox. I never tried but I already know I lack the eye hand cordnation

it's not sniper school there, buddy.

;) no special skill needed...go out and have fun. you never know until you try it.

HorsepowerFreak: It was an invitational; the year's class winners only. C'mon out and run DS next year. I'm moving to PAX, so DS should be wide open.

Speed1016: Yes, you can autox. You don't have to win anything to get better at car control. And after a couple of autox days, I can guarantee you WILL be a better driver and know LOTS more about your car than the 99.9% of the other people on the road who don't even have a clue!

AND, you have a great car to learn in. Your MSP is a wonderful autox car that is beautifully balanced, just as it comes from the factory, plain old stock. You can learn a ton running on the stock OEM Bridgestone RE040s with the pressures set to Front 38 and Rear 35. Or any other set of street tires you like. Don't worry about winning, just go out and have fun and you'll get better.

Ill have to find out if there is any place locally that I can go out and try. Hell Ill give it a shot if I can find some where to go.

Back