Ordering an '08

If you're not in the habit of using your blinker while changing lanes or do abrupt lane changes (a.k.a. Chicago/NYC/LA driving...yes, you too Miami) these Blind Spot systems are pretty useless.

If you're not in the habit of using your blinker while changing lanes or do abrupt lane changes (a.k.a. Chicago/NYC/LA driving...yes, you too Miami) these Blind Spot systems are pretty useless.

Agreed, the BS system was a nice to have if it was there. I chalk up the earlier mis-information that my CX-9 was going to have it, to a salesman who was just clueless about his product. That seems to be the case with most car sales people. You would think that with all that free time standing outside waiting to pounce on a customer, that they might just pick up a car brochure and read it. My rant for the day !!!

Good news, the car arrived at the dealership today. Bad news, I'm traveling and will not be able to pick it up until Friday. (argh)

Oh well, after waiting nearly 4 months, what's another few days.

Got It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well finally took delivery of the 2008 CX-9 GT that I had ordered on May 23rd.

So far made a short trip and have put about a 100 miles on the car. Very happy with the purchase. The one negative I immediately noticed was the rear cargo mat. Now I knew that it was only going to cover a portion of the cargo area but I was surprised by how cheap it was.

Other First impressions
- Nav was fairly easy to use
- Boothtooth was very simple to set up (Blackberry Curve) and while entering some addresses was time consuming via the voice prompts, it was very straight forward.
- Memory seats - these are great and just discovered that I can set the smart card to the specific seat setting. This is a huge deal for us since my wife is 5'3" and I'm 6'3".
- Audio sounded great but I have yet to try a CD or hook up an MP3 player to the Aux outlet.
- Homelink mirror set was easy to set up, had one of these before and really like the convenience of the garage openers on the mirror.

That's about it for now. So far no buyers remorse though that may happen when I have to fill this beast up at the pump.

Well finally took delivery of the 2008 CX-9 GT that I had ordered on May 23rd.

So far made a short trip and have put about a 100 miles on the car. Very happy with the purchase. The one negative I immediately noticed was the rear cargo mat. Now I knew that it was only going to cover a portion of the cargo area but I was surprised by how cheap it was.

Other First impressions
- Nav was fairly easy to use
- Boothtooth was very simple to set up (Blackberry Curve) and while entering some addresses was time consuming via the voice prompts, it was very straight forward.
- Memory seats - these are great and just discovered that I can set the smart card to the specific seat setting. This is a huge deal for us since my wife is 5'3" and I'm 6'3".
- Audio sounded great but I have yet to try a CD or hook up an MP3 player to the Aux outlet.
- Homelink mirror set was easy to set up, had one of these before and really like the convenience of the garage openers on the mirror.

That's about it for now. So far no buyers remorse though that may happen when I have to fill this beast up at the pump.

I used the mat from my 2007 Mazda CX-7 that I traded in and it is a real good fit, maybe a 1" on each side and 4" in the rear.

Back