Well, I put the deposit down this week on an '08. Here's the specs

GT FWD
Grey ext, Blk int
Nav Assistance pkg
Sunroof/Bose pkg
Homelink mirror
Cargo tray
Cargo net

Plan is that the car should be built in about 2-3 weeks, with a delivery after that of about 8 weeks. Until the car is built and I get a VIN, I do not have any '08 specifications on engine or additional features.

I'll update this as I know more. If anyone else has ordered or a build sheet on an '08, please post the specs.

I order mine cx9 back couple of months ago, but wont see it till FALL. Do you know when your dealer will get you car?

CX9buyer said:
I order mine cx9 back couple of months ago, but wont see it till FALL. Do you know when your dealer will get you car?

I would guess yours will be built in June/July and you should have by the end of August.

WOW! Rear cameras, blind spot sensors, power liftgates, DVD, Navigation... why not just stay home so you dont have to exert yourselves at all?

You ordered some neat stuff. Don't worry about CX9 SportOwner's attitude. I looked at his past posts after he ripped me in another thread. It's mainly a bunch of grumpiness and ripping on people who didn't order the base model he did.

CX9buyer said:

My order is in but no firm manufacture date. It was supposed to be about 2-3 weeks from last weeks order since they modified an '08 already on order. If they can rush delivery after that, I should have it early August.

BTW - As of this morning, the dealer still has no clue on the '08 specs. This from the largest volume Mazda dealer in Atlanta.

CX9 SportOwner said:
WOW! Rear cameras, blind spot sensors, power liftgates, DVD, Navigation... why not just stay home so you dont have to exert yourselves at all?

Well if we all wanted the same thing....we would still be driving Model T's in black. You obviously like Vanilla, I like Rocky Road, I want a bunch of stuff thrown in.

BTW, I tend to keep my new cars for a bit, this will be our third new car in 20 years so I want it set up my way. Do I have to have the options, no....but I want the options and can afford what I want. Within reason. (cheers2)

TravelinMan said:
Well if we all wanted the same thing....we would still be driving Model T's in black. You obviously like Vanilla, I like Rocky Road, I want a bunch of stuff thrown in.

BTW, I tend to keep my new cars for a bit, this will be our third new car in 20 years so I want it set up my way. Do I have to have the options, no....but I want the options and can afford what I want. Within reason. (cheers2)

Sounds good to me!! (thumb)

Bump

He's an update on my order.

The dealer tells me vehicle is on the assembly line but they do have a completion or ship date yet. Now they tell me that they do not get a final invoice or MSRP until the vehicle lands in Jacksonville, FL due to the port side accessories that are added. For those in the know, is this true? I'm on an S-Plan so I'll pay invoice but by this, I will not know that until about 2 weeks before delivery. Also, dealer still says that their are no changes to packages or equipment on the '08.

So is my dealer (Jim Ellis Mazda, Marietta) that mis-informed or is their really no information available on the '08 for the US. Not getting the same info that our Canadian friends are getting.

TravelinMan said:
Well, we did an extended demo today and decided to take the plunge and order an '08 this week.

Planned order will be:
GT front drive
Grey ext, Blk int
Nav Assistance pkg
Sunroof/Bose pkg
Tow pkg
Homelink mirror
Cargo tray
Cargo net

Being told 16 weeks for delivery. Does it really take this long? BTW, dealer (sales mgr) has no knowledge of a 3.7L engine or the blind spot sensor that others on this board have said are on the 2008 model.

Also, the reason for the tow pkg is for a hitch for bike rack, has anyone put an aftermarket hitch on yet instead of the tow pkg.
Travelin Man,
Give you some update of what I have done. I ordered 08 GT AWD with, Nav, hitch,GT assist package, moonroof and bose, autodim mirror. 08's do come with 3.7 engine. Blind spot is in GT assist package that will be intro later in the model year. MY car was built JUne 16th and was shipped June 23rd. Was on water June 29th. Should be in Tacoma Port now. They will add receiver and wheel locks and put on truck to SLC. I should have car by week 4 of July. My dealer buddy had 2 9's on this boat and they are both sold. He has others being built that will start arriving the end of August. Yeah it still takes a while to get here. I wanted a different color to start with, but settled on white because it had what I wanted and would be here so much sooner. I hope this helps.

Question for you.... have you already confirmed with your dealer or mazda customer service that mazda are shipping 2008? last checked there were none coming to the western regional until aug/sept? do you think you migh have gotten a 2007 1/2 year production?

mazda7 said:
Travelin Man,
Give you some update of what I have done. I ordered 08 GT AWD with, Nav, hitch,GT assist package, moonroof and bose, autodim mirror. 08's do come with 3.7 engine. Blind spot is in GT assist package that will be intro later in the model year. MY car was built JUne 16th and was shipped June 23rd. Was on water June 29th. Should be in Tacoma Port now. They will add receiver and wheel locks and put on truck to SLC. I should have car by week 4 of July. My dealer buddy had 2 9's on this boat and they are both sold. He has others being built that will start arriving the end of August. Yeah it still takes a while to get here. I wanted a different color to start with, but settled on white because it had what I wanted and would be here so much sooner. I hope this helps.

CX9buyer said:
Question for you.... have you already confirmed with your dealer or mazda customer service that mazda are shipping 2008? last checked there were none coming to the western regional until aug/sept? do you think you migh have gotten a 2007 1/2 year production?

I think you were fed a line of BS.

Your dealer may not get his allocation/orders until then.

They were building the '08's in June and they s/b down in Tacoma now and in So Cal also.

There seems to be a lag in availabilty in the St. Louis area. I have noticed a lot of CX-9's sitting over the past couple of months, not moving very quickly. However, now a few are selling and pickings are getting a little slimmer. Hasn't been a lot of additional stock hitting the parking lots, in fact I would almost say no new CX-9's have been added to the lots since May. Very few '07's with the assist packages, most without.
I hope the selection becomes a little better in the next month, I plan to purchase then. Anyone getting much money off the '08's? I am considering more the '07 model due to the Canadian spec sheet that states most of the colors will have a black interior, which I would like to avoid. Possibly the Canadian options will not be the same as the US. I guess we will see for sure on the 16th of July.

Well here's a brief update on my 08 order. I had placed my order and deposit in late May. So far the dealer is saying that the CX-9 still has not been built so no VIN yet though they do say that they have a confirmation of the order and my options. Has anyone received a VIN for their 08 order and know the delivery date? I'm starting to wonder if the dealer is delaying 08 deliveries because they still have 25 07's sitting on the lot. Feedback from other 08 ordering experiences welcome.

Back