Ordering an '08

I'm currently in the market for a GT AWD in Galaxy Grey with Sand interior. The only options I really want from the dealer are moonroof/Bose (actually, I could do without the moonroof, but this is the cheapest way to get the Bose...), towing, and maybe roof rack. I can add other things later if they aren't dealer installed (homelink mirror...).

There are only 2 in the state that match that color combo and they don't match the options well, but my broker (not working with a dealer at this point) found an '08 in that color combo with those exact options that's already on the boat from Japan. If I were to choose that option, the broker said it would be here Aug 13-17.

While, I'd love to go with the '08 for the slightly bigger engine and maybe better reliability with a 2nd year production vehicle, I can't justify the additional cost beyond a similar '07 with the 0% 36 month financing and the fact that dealers are (hopefully) starting to give better deals on the '07s. Right now, the best deal I have in hand is $1200 over invoice (Edmunds invoice figures, which are the same as the s-plan costs posted on this forum) for the color combo I like with just the moonroof/Bose, no towing or roof rails.

Should I hold out for a better deal than that? Or given the limited availability of that color combo should I pull the trigger? Anyone know of Galaxy Grey/Sand GT AWDs sitting on other dealer lots?

Thanks!

invoice price...

looks like invoice price took a big jump ... on carperks.net research shows invoice price of over 700 from last year.

and that the Blind spot monitor is an option.

looks like invoice price took a big jump ... on carperks.net research shows invoice price of over 700 from last year.

and that the Blind spot monitor is an option.

The price didn't looked like it jumped that much when you look at the base price of the 07 and the base price of the 08 (on the Mazda website) until you read the fine print at the bottom of the 08 price sheet. The 07 base price includes the destination fee, but the 08 base price said is does not.......could it possibly be a misprint?? Over $700 seems a bit much considering the vehicle really hasn't even been out a full year.

The price didn't looked like it jumped that much when you look at the base price of the 07 and the base price of the 08 (on the Mazda website) until you read the fine print at the bottom of the 08 price sheet. The 07 base price includes the destination fee, but the 08 base price said is does not.......could it possibly be a misprint?? Over $700 seems a bit much considering the vehicle really hasn't even been out a full year.

I compared my 2008 order to a 2007 pricing and there is a difference of 719.

but again I choose the GT AWD. I was expecting a little less that 500.00
but you can check for yourself. on www.carperks.net and do a car research on a 2008 year

Should I hold out for a better deal than that? Or given the limited availability of that color combo should I pull the trigger? Anyone know of Galaxy Grey/Sand GT AWDs sitting on other dealer lots?

Thanks!

I'm actually in the same boat - there are 3 in the configuration I want on the lot at a dealer near me and if they offer a good enough discount in the next month, I'll bite and buy.

I guess some people who own them now would have to post and tell us how their 9's are doing. That should ease some uneasiness about buying a first-year vehicle. I have a feeling things are a bit different these days than they were years ago.

Update on the 08 order.

Dealer says the CX-9 has been built and has the VIN.

GT FWD
Grey / Black
Nav / Assist Pkg
Moonroof / Bose
Blind Spot Sensor
Homelink Mirror
Cargo mat and net

MSRP - $38,602

It will still be at least 4 weeks to get it to Atlanta.

Update on the 08 order.

Dealer says the CX-9 has been built and has the VIN.

GT FWD
Grey / Black
Nav / Assist Pkg
Moonroof / Bose
Blind Spot Sensor
Homelink Mirror
Cargo mat and net

MSRP - $38,602

It will still be at least 4 weeks to get it to Atlanta.

When did you order you vehicle? Blindspot sensor are only 2008 models built in the fall. per mazda customer service.

When did you order you vehicle? Blindspot sensor are only 2008 models built in the fall. per mazda customer service.

I am thinking about ordering a '08 and I am being told the same thing about the Blindspot sensor. My salesman told me the regional rep said the blindspot monitoring system will be available on CX-9's built in October and after. So he is telling me that by the time the cars would be to him it will probably be the first of the year if you want this option.

I am thinking about ordering a '08 and I am being told the same thing about the Blindspot sensor. My salesman told me the regional rep said the blindspot monitoring system will be available on CX-9's built in October and after. So he is telling me that by the time the cars would be to him it will probably be the first of the year if you want this option.

I ordered this at the end of May. As for the Blind spot Sensor, I had specifically ordered this and all I can report is what the dealer is telling me is on the car. I will confirm when I get a copy of the sticker in the next week or two. The MSRP price includes the sensor so we will see when I get the paperwork.

I ordered this at the end of May. As for the Blind spot Sensor, I had specifically ordered this and all I can report is what the dealer is telling me is on the car. I will confirm when I get a copy of the sticker in the next week or two. The MSRP price includes the sensor so we will see when I get the paperwork.

No blind spot system until September production for Canada as well. I will be very suprised if yours has this feature.

Here is a news release from Ford.

Highlights of the 2008 CX-9 include:

Standard six-speed Sport A/T automatic transmission, which provides optimum acceleration and passing performance coupled with excellent highway fuel efficiency
Available with front-wheel drive or Mazdas Active Torque Split all-wheel drive system
Stiff unibody chassis provides a sound foundation for a poised ride and agile handling
Sophisticated appearance with rising belt line, bold wheel and tire emphasis and steeply angled windshield and backlight
Elegantly configured interior constructed with top-quality materials
Available BOSE premium sound system with 10 speakers in a CENTERPOINT surround system; Available ceiling-mounted rear seat entertainment DVD system; Available DVD-based navigation system with 7-inch touch-sensitive display screen and backup camera and Power Lift Gate
Standard Roll Stability Control (RSC), which uses both body-roll rate and wheel speed sensors to determine when corrective action is necessary
Standard side-curtain air bags which protect outboard passengers in all three seating rows

New or enhanced for 2008:

All-new 3.7-liter V6 engine (273 hp @ 6250 and 270 lb./ft torque @ 4250)
Available Blind Spot Monitoring System (October 2007)

Here is a news release from Ford.

Highlights of the 2008 CX-9 include:

Standard six-speed Sport A/T automatic transmission, which provides optimum acceleration and passing performance coupled with excellent highway fuel efficiency
Available with front-wheel drive or Mazda’s Active Torque Split all-wheel drive system
Stiff unibody chassis provides a sound foundation for a poised ride and agile handling
Sophisticated appearance with rising belt line, bold wheel and tire emphasis and steeply angled windshield and backlight
Elegantly configured interior constructed with top-quality materials
Available BOSE premium sound system with 10 speakers in a CENTERPOINT surround system; Available ceiling-mounted rear seat entertainment DVD system; Available DVD-based navigation system with 7-inch touch-sensitive display screen and backup camera and Power Lift Gate
Standard Roll Stability Control (RSC), which uses both body-roll rate and wheel speed sensors to determine when corrective action is necessary
Standard side-curtain air bags which protect outboard passengers in all three seating rows

New or enhanced for 2008:

All-new 3.7-liter V6 engine (273 hp @ 6250 and 270 lb./ft torque @ 4250)
Available Blind Spot Monitoring System (October 2007)

My factory order finally has a VIN assigned to it, here is the info I got from carfax...
Year/Make/Model: 2008 MAZDA CX-9 AWD
Body Style: 4 DR. WAGON/SPORT UTILITY
Engine Type: 3.7L V6 MPI DOHC 24V
Manufactured In: JAPAN

Blind spot system is not confirmed yet.

Does anybody know how long shipment takes?

My factory order finally has a VIN assigned to it, here is the info I got from carfax...
Year/Make/Model: 2008 MAZDA CX-9 AWD
Body Style: 4 DR. WAGON/SPORT UTILITY
Engine Type: 3.7L V6 MPI DOHC 24V
Manufactured In: JAPAN

Blind spot system is not confirmed yet.

Does anybody know how long shipment takes?

I ordered one and my dealership is expecting an October build and a December delivery.

Update on my 08 order.

Finally got the VIN last week and now waiting on a ship date this week so expected delivery may be mid Sept. I did confirm that even though the dealer said the car had the Blind spot sensor it does not. As several here have pointed out correctly, not available until late Fall. As someone in another thread pointed out, it's amazing how clueless a business can be about the product they are selling.

Walked into the dealership on Aug 21/07......Drove out on Aug 23rd with a 2008 CX-9 GT Black Cherry Mica....Luxury Package, Nav system and Dealer installed DVD system (to be installed in a few weeks as I needed the Car for a trip to Virginia Beach).

ZOOM ZOOM!!!

Update

The car is at port in Jacksonville and should be at the dealer in Atlanta either Tuesday or Wednesday next week. So three months and a week from order date. Now we'll see how the paperwork goes next week.

Will be dealing with the sales manager now as it seems the sales guy I was working with is "MIA", his words.

Update

OK so the CX-9 did not come in last week as planned or it may be at the dealer but they are not sure. Dealer received over 50 cars last week and is still in the process of checking them all in. In anticipation of our CX-9 coming in, I sold my wifes car so the dealer was nice enough to provide a loaner until my CX-9 shows up. Patience is a virtue. (yes)(yes)(yes)

Back