Old Member gets Old P5 from MD

yea my baby sat for so long... its hard to drive it when you have an M Coupe to drive instead. Plus i had taken the tags off and dropped the insurance as well.
I'll be pulling parts out of my garage for many more moons. found some new Hawk pads the other nite. Theres an orginal fiberglass DG lip hanging from the rafters too.
Well i know my baby is in good hands and Frank will take good care of her. Plus part of the deal was i retained visitation and driving rights when i visit!!!
It has been a great car for 6 years and won alot of shows and got a lot of attention (one traffic stop was over 400$ in tickets!!) too.
Frank already told me what his plans were and he is going to be taking it to the next level that I would have done untill i got the BMW. Drive her well and oh yea i just found the stock shifter too.

Hey Finn, you coming to Carlisle this year? We're going to have the cookout again.

Oh yeah and you get to drive your wifes car too. No wonder it sat :)

Hey Finn, you coming to Carlisle this year? We're going to have the cookout again.

Oh yeah and you get to drive your wifes car too. No wonder it sat :)

yea it hurts to drive a 3 series vert. it really does.

not sure if im going to be doing too many shows this year. i want to focus on doing some road rallies and poker runs. i want to do the http://newenglandrally.com/ this year. also looking into doing the AKA rally as well.
over the summer i had been talking with Dustin from mischif and he was all for using my M Coupe as a rally car for some of their adventures. taking multi cars on the runs would allow for more and different footage for the upcoming DVDs.
the only trouble is these all take a good amount of money and time so the show season might have to fall to the wayside.

yea it hurts to drive a 3 series vert. it really does.

not sure if im going to be doing too many shows this year. i want to focus on doing some road rallies and poker runs. i want to do the http://newenglandrally.com/ this year. also looking into doing the AKA rally as well.
over the summer i had been talking with Dustin from mischif and he was all for using my M Coupe as a rally car for some of their adventures. taking multi cars on the runs would allow for more and different footage for the upcoming DVDs.
the only trouble is these all take a good amount of money and time so the show season might have to fall to the wayside.

Finn, if you are thinking of doing a Mischief run and need a co-driver let me know. I met Dustin about 10 years ago at New Carrollton when there used to be street racing (some of the footage is on the first michief vid) and have followed the mischief series religiously. I always wanted to take part in something like that.

Well it has been almost two months since I got her, and we have had our ups and a few downs.

here is a nice shot i took.

forum.jpg

Then i had two coils poop out on me.

On the trailer it goes!!
IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

The new
IMG_0272.jpg

All and all its been good. Right now the exhaust is off and o how i love open downpipe. New exhaust gettin made next week prolly. Also going to take the exhaust and intake manifold off. All new gaskets from the block to the tip. Port and polish intake mani, new paint for the intake mani, gonna polish the cold side of the turbo. New oil feed and drain, wrx 440's, 225 fuel pump and i scored a brand new perrin fuel rail. They still have some new in the box!!! I have a wholesale account too :)

Pics and updates when i start doin the next round of work to her!!

I wrenched on that car! And didn't install the engine damper due to the mods needed at the time...We also did the brake swap in my driveway....The MSP lip is prolly the one I bought and then sold to Finn....

Glad it went to a good home!

Yup, had to cut up the front Strut Bar to get it to work.

as for the coils, the stockers melted :-( these are oe replacement, no upgrade yet. they were 60 for the pair from advance auto.

Yup, had to cut up the front Strut Bar to get it to work.

as for the coils, the stockers melted :-( these are oe replacement, no upgrade yet. they were 60 for the pair from advance auto.

sounds about right. I had to mod my strut bar the same way for my damper as well.

time for the next round of parts. here is what we have so far

New turbo
new exhaust
bc coilovers
wrx 440s
225 fuel pump
new cold side and turbo inlet pipes
wire clean up

Here are a few pics, from a few weeks ago when i Started

4-26-09001.jpg

WG off
4-26-09002.jpg

Had a little leak there
4-26-09003.jpg

4-26-09005.jpg

Turbo and manifold about to come out
4-26-09011.jpg

Turbo manifold, all pipes and extra injector all off
4-26-09015.jpg

Hatch Apart
4-26-09034.jpg

test fitted the new turbo today. still need to clock it so the oil drain and feed are correct. its a CLOSE Fit

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

New VS Old

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

Back