Old Member gets Old P5 from MD

01bluemp3

:
07 MS6
Old Member gets Old P5 from MD!! Lots of new Pics

Well I havnet had a protege for 3 years, I had a blue turbo mp3. I have been talking to Finn in Baltimore and his Turbo P5 was sitting for a year now. So i needed a fam car and thought I would get her back on the road.

Car got here yesterday morning and we had some trouble getting it off the trailer. The front pass tire went flat and the front lip was getting caught on the trailer. After a jack and some wood under the tires we got the lip to clear and the car off the trailer. As of now there is parts galore in the car and I have two sets of wheels on my deck and a hood in my office at home.

Starting tomorrow I will be getting the tire fixed and some maint, ie brake flush, coolent flush, oil change etc. Once that is done there are parts to be installed.

SS brake and clutch line.
misc int trim
stereo
convert no2 sys to cryo spray for the fmic
cf hood
cf grill
cf hatch trim
stock mirrors
full detail int and ext
b pillar bar for belts

Here are the pics from today and more will come as I work on the car tomorrow.

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo6.jpg

As you can see the car is VERY Dirty, it as been sitting for almost a year at my Finns house.

More pics tomororw,

Last edited:
Congrads on getting Finn's car. I thought he had sold it last summer, if I knew he still had it I would've given him a call. You got a nice deal.

ok, Day two.

took Care of the flat. turned out there is no hole, so thats good. drove the car around a little and its runnin good. going to get the break flush, oil change and coolent flush in the next day or so. also have the ss lines to install. So after I took all the parts our i got things ready for install. Also found another AWR motor mount that will need some install time too. Only "work" done on the car today was the tire issue and got the stock mirrors on. tomorrow I will get it registerd so i can take it to get cleaned and then work on the rest.

Here are the pics

photo4.jpg

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo12.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo9.jpg

Well, not much today. I went out and got new fluids for the work tomorrow and then got the car registered and legal to drive. I also took the car to get washed.

Tomorrow is the SS lines and fluids. then Tursday Full Detail and photo Shoot.

At the Carwash
photo.jpg

Back home next to the MR2
photo1.jpg

I will have alot of pictures tomorrow of the motor and the car with wax and no stickers. There are still spider webs under the hood hehe,

Thanks for the comments

Looking good so far!

One other suggestion: make some speaker adapters for those front speakers. It will sound a lot better than those back straps lol

boostdprotegelx:

One reason I took them off, was because i didnt have the drivers side. It was taken off the car and i havent gotten it yet. I will call the person I got the car from and see if he can send it to me. Pm me an offer on them. I doubt i will put them back on so i dont much have a need for them.

as for a update on the car, we had a big one. I will tell the story with the pictures. Only parts left are the b pillar bar, awr rear mount stock wheel and DG hood. I also had to change the bat term tonight, the neg was not gettin a good connection and i watched the volts go as low as 8. the term on the post was loose and too big for the bat in the car. got some stockers and it should be good to go. On to the pictures.

Installed the WR engine dampner, had to mod the fstb
IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

While working on that, the fan was cooling the turbo area for later work

IMG_0067.jpg

put on the dg cf hatch trim

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

DG grill
IMG_0079.jpg

Shot of the new ss lines
IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

Clutch line
IMG_0084.jpg

Random shot of Charlie who was helping me (his cool tat of race flags)
IMG_0085.jpg

New Samco hose
IMG_0088.jpg

new bat term
IMG_0086.jpg

old bat term, good for optima, not good for stockish bat
IMG_0087.jpg

Found Old neons under the car and rats nest of wires
IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

New fluids goin in
IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

Got rid of the old rusty lugs
IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

bleeding the clutch, i got to pump while charlie worked under the car.
so i got the birds eye view of the shop

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

and then bleeding the brakes
IMG_0107.jpg

Thats all for tonight. there are some more pictures i didnt post. they can be seen here.

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/01bluemp3/mp5/day4/

Tomorrow will be putting the wheels back on, checkin everything over and then off to take the stickers off and claybar and wax.

Last edited:
boostdprotegelx:

One reason I took them off, was because i didnt have the drivers side. It was taken off the car and i havent gotten it yet. I will call the person I got the car from and see if he can send it to me. Pm me an offer on them. I doubt i will put them back on so i dont much have a need for them.

as for a update on the car, we had a big one. I will tell the story with the pictures. Only parts left are the b pillar bar, awr rear mount stock wheel and DG hood. I also had to change the bat term tonight, the neg was not gettin a good connection and i watched the volts go as low as 8. the term on the post was loose and too big for the bat in the car. got some stockers and it should be good to go. On to the pictures.

Installed the WR engine dampner, had to mod the fstb

Thats all for tonight. there are some more pictures i didnt post. they can be seen here.

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/01bluemp3/mp5/day4/

Tomorrow will be putting the wheels back on, checkin everything over and then off to take the stickers off and claybar and wax.

good stuff! i think ss lines are easily the easiest and best upgrade to any car!pmed.

Holy cow!!! I didn't know it had been sitting there all this time!

I feel like singing "memories... all alone in the moon light....." lol

That's awesome Frank. Glad to know that it's in good hands! :D

Don't forget to add the P5 to your sig list!

yea my baby sat for so long... its hard to drive it when you have an M Coupe to drive instead. Plus i had taken the tags off and dropped the insurance as well.
I'll be pulling parts out of my garage for many more moons. found some new Hawk pads the other nite. Theres an orginal fiberglass DG lip hanging from the rafters too.
Well i know my baby is in good hands and Frank will take good care of her. Plus part of the deal was i retained visitation and driving rights when i visit!!!
It has been a great car for 6 years and won alot of shows and got a lot of attention (one traffic stop was over 400$ in tickets!!) too.
Frank already told me what his plans were and he is going to be taking it to the next level that I would have done untill i got the BMW. Drive her well and oh yea i just found the stock shifter too.

Back