Oil Question

kylenls

:
mazdaspeed
From what i have read there has been a lot of discussion that i apparently missed while i was away doing my honda thing in regards to the FS oil starvation issue. I am currently in the process of building my car and am wondering if a larger oil pan would suffice enough to keep the motor safe, or should i look into both that and a HV pump?

i've never seen a high volume pump installed in our cars.... but the AWR deep sump oil pan is a great lil additon to any motor, build or stock, it help with oil starvation and lets u put a lil more oil in the engine

i've never seen a high volume pump installed in our cars.... but the AWR deep sump oil pan is a great lil additon to any motor, build or stock, it help with oil starvation and lets u put a lil more oil in the engine

a few people on here have modified the stock oil pump and or purchased the Toga HV pump. what do you guys think about baffling the stock pan?

nice, do you know who by any chance? this is something i've been wanting to do for a while, that and the oil pan

you could also use a remote mount oil filter kit and use a much larger oil filter.

you could also use a remote mount oil filter kit and use a much larger oil filter.

are these proven fixes? or just cheap ones? money isnt a huge issue for me, i just dont want to replacing motors. any more info on this? parts, installation etc?

are these proven fixes? or just cheap ones? money isnt a huge issue for me, i just dont want to replacing motors. any more info on this? parts, installation etc?

bot really a proven fix at all. just keeps your oil free of contamination for longer periods of time.

check out docBs thread if you want some real good info on fsde oil system.

bot really a proven fix at all. just keeps your oil free of contamination for longer periods of time.

check out docBs thread if you want some real good info on fsde oil system.

yeah read through it all yesterday, very good stuff!

The only real solution is the Doc B racing solution send him pump I did great service brought pump back to low end of tolerances and eliminated internal bypass got external pressure regulating valve from him and bought oil filter relocation setup off ebay all 10an braided lines and had new 10an male fitting welded into windage plate back side under filter for bypass line return from PRV also redoing return line from gt28rs to windage plate getting rid of that crappy setup and going with 10an fittings into windage block and to turbo outlet.

Back