Mazda component lifespans?

My g/f has a 2016 Mazda CX5 and I am in the process of determining if it's worth keeping. It has around 100k miles, and generally has had an easy life.

I think the only repairs have been factory recommended services while under warranty. After warranty it's just been getting oil changes mostly. Did a set of brakes and rotors. It rides well and the struts are likely fine but there's a vibration that needs looking into.

I'm generally handy with cars and the question is basically when can one expect items like alternator, water pump, etc to start doing off?

Any other comments regarding long term ownership of this car are welcome.

Regards!

Numerous state here that production start date of 2016.5 was 12/2015

Yes the production for 2016.5 CX-5 started in 12/2015, but the sale started in 2/2016 in the US as I stated earlier. Remember there was a “stop sale” order by NHTSA on CX-5 back at the end of January 2016 for more than 2 weeks which also caused the delay for selling the 2016.5 CX-5. The “stop sale” order was caused by the fuel leak found during a rear-end collision test from an engineering firm reported to NHTSA. NHTSA ordered Mazda to come up a quick solution to prevent the fuel leak before Mazda could sell the CX-5. A quick “fix” was to remove a bolt on a bracket holding the fuel filler pipe and a safety recall was followed afterwards.

Upvote 0
My g/f has a 2016 Mazda CX5 and I am in the process of determining if it's worth keeping. It has around 100k miles, and generally has had an easy life.

I think the only repairs have been factory recommended services while under warranty. After warranty it's just been getting oil changes mostly. Did a set of brakes and rotors. It rides well and the struts are likely fine but there's a vibration that needs looking into.

I'm generally handy with cars and the question is basically when can one expect items like alternator, water pump, etc to start doing off?

Any other comments regarding long term ownership of this car are welcome.

Regards!

Being a 2016 (before cylinder deactivation-- "CD") puts it in a very reliable category. Having an easy life would make it a definite keeper. Check the link above and around the forum. There is a lot of good info here and members willing to help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was just thinking of a shopper looking at the door frame VIN card and if they saw 12/15 could assume it was ‘16.5

Upvote 0
Back