Official ATX to MTX swap parts list with how-to

thinking bout this neutral safety switch. is it connected to the trans harness. havent really looked at the harness yet

You are probably right (Y) lol

And the neutrl safety switch is attached to the clutch itself. You will have to cut the pin from the MP3's dash harness off and hard wire the neutral safety switch to the engine harness. Again, it was two wires and took 5 minutes, and thanks to Ciruit for a good explanation it worked perfectly.

ok so i was putting the mp3 harness in today and ran into a problem. i have one connector on the dash harness and one on the mp3 engine harness that dont connect to each other. i will try to get a picture tomorow. the one on the dash harness clips in the center and the one on the mp3 harness clips off center. im prob gonna have to de-pin one and use the right connector. does anyone have a 03 p5 wire diagram i have one for an 02 but it prob the same as the mp3

Just cut off the pin on the MP3 Harness and solder the pin from your ATX harness onto the MP3 harness so they will connect, thats what I did. Everything should work fine.

i wound up depinning my stock engine harness. the depinned the mp3 engine harness and used the clip from my automatic harness. Saturday should be the day that i drop the engine and trans back in the car. then gotta connect the harness put my suspension back together and put my clutch lines in. i did a lot more then just a 5 speed swap lol.

lol that doesnt seem like a lot lol but trust me theres more
mp3 ecu
mp3 harness
mp3 intake manifold
swapped alternators
mp3 fenders
mp3 bumper and fogs
mp3 hood
mp3 seats
Filled stock MM
changed F and R MM
New headlight
twm short shifter and bushings
obx header
and more that im sure im forgeting

cuz i bought the car when i was 18.. put a body kit on it and fiberglass fenders. my stock stuff was all bent up and stuff. so putting the car back to stock looking cuz its so sexy. the car is gonna be rattle canned until i can learn to use the spray gun that i bought.

I'll be utilizing this guide this weekend for the body/control portions of my at>mt swap. Being that I'm KL powered though....it'll be a tad different.

Thanks for writing this - I can see it helping a LARGE amount immediately.

I'll be utilizing this guide this weekend for the body/control portions of my at>mt swap. Being that I'm KL powered though....it'll be a tad different.

Thanks for writing this - I can see it helping a LARGE amount immediately.

No problem, I am glad I can help the community out. Let us know how it all goes.

ok guys got the car running finally. my speedo and such works. now any one can explain to me the nuetral afety issue. i wound up jump jumping the starter as of now but would like it to function normally.

You have to hard wire it because the 03's with tiptronic don't have the connector on the dash harness. Look back a few pages in the thread I believe someone explains it. I remember doing it with mine but it was 2 years ago so I dont remember exactly which wires lol

hello my swap mazda protege 2003 tiptronic and the manuel transmission my not change the harness and my car run for the fist gear and 5500 rpm max and cut off and secon gear 4000 rpm max cut off and 3 4 and 5 4000 rpm cut off... What makes this... my cars is good for not speed sensor .....

hi guys, ive gotten everything i need for this swap except the engine harness.. i have a triptronic p5 swapping in a trans from a msp... im going to have to put in the speedo gear since i dont have abs and the donor car did...is grounding the neutral switch the only problem im going to run into?.. im going to be running an msp cluster too... thanks

Back