odd squeaking noise

sts7049

:
2011 CX-9
i've got a 2011 cx9 touring with about 38k miles.

in the mornings, i'm starting to hear a squeak/squeal type noise when i first pull out of the driveway at low speed. it's rhythmic with the rotation of the tires, and goes away when i press the brake. after a stop or two, i quit hearing it until the next morning. naturally, i thought maybe the pads were wearing down but i pulled all 4 wheels off the other day and the pads are all still nice and thick.

i pulled the tires off when the car was cold and couldn't replicate any sort of noise on any wheel.

any ideas? maybe just rust on the rotors from overnight?

Early model years (my 2008, for example) CX9s have several TSBs on wheel noises from brakes (both front and rear).
You can look them up to see if the problems still exist in later ones (2011) you have.

Backing up or going forward? My brakes squeak when lightly pressing them first think in the morning while backing up. It goes away. The pads just don't seem to like going in the reverse direction first thing in the morning.

i don't notice it when i back out of the driveway. only when i start moving forward down the street.

Back