Odd lighting issue

SHCX-9

:
08 CX-9 Grand Touring
So last night while driving home I noticed that the lighting output was off and dim, it did not have a crisp cut off line line it normally did. It looked like the aim was way low asked my wife if she had noticed it before and she said she did also. So when I got home and had the lights on shining on the garage door It looked like the drivers side was way low and made the output look weird, almost like a big shadow was ware the cut off line suppose to be. also the headlight adjusters did not work.
Well after a little investigation It turned out that one of the bulbs on the hatch on the passenger side was out. After putting in a new 194 bulb and turning on the headlights everything was back to normal. now I need to change out the rear plate bulbs now because one of them are burned out. Not sure if any one had this happen to them yet but hope this helps down the road.

It's good you were able to fix it but also check the fuses for the parking lights and main headlights just to make sure they're not damaged or partially fused.

So my issue has returned! I have HIDs with the headlight adjuster in the cabin. They are all the way down but in adjuster in the cabin is at 0 the normal height. I can not adjust them with the switch? In my last post when I put a new bulb in the hatch the lights came back to normal and I could adjust them. Now they are doing the same thing, has anyone had this problem before? Thanks for your help.

This happened to me on my previous vehicle, turned out the battery went bad, the alternator was good and kept charging the battery but the stupid old battery wouldn't hold enough charge to power the hids and the hids were very dim, after changing the battery all was good for another five years.

Thanks for your reply batmancx I haven't thought of testing the battery. I will look in to that, I will keep this post updated.

Back