2017 CX-9 Headlight warning light on dashboard

All lights are working fine but this light is ON on the dashboard
1704329682607.png
. Any tips on how to debug or turn it off? Thanks

All lights are working fine but this light is ON on the dashboard View attachment 324826. Any tips on how to debug or turn it off? Thanks

Based on your Owner's Manual, that warning light comes on when there is a malfunction with the LED headlights. If you don't see any issues with the headlights, try clearing the codes with an OBD2 reader. If you don't have one of those, you can take it to a store like Autozone and see if they can do it for you. If the code clears and stays gone, great - it was likely just a one-off glitch with the headlights. But if it comes back on, something is definitely wrong and it would be a good idea to bring the car to the dealer or an independent shop for further diagnosis.

I did all of that except taking it to the dealer, I was trying to see if I can debug/fix on my own. Thanks for the response

I had this warning light come on once in 4+ years of ownership. In my case it happened at least 2 years ago when it was colder than normal for my region. The warning light went away the next time I drove the car and has never come back on.

I’ll have random warnings pop up when parked outside on a cold night. “Clear fog from windshield” is a recurring one. No fog on the windshield of course… goes away after 5-10 minutes drive time.

Some people got the headlights changed at the dealer but to me it is $1k+ test/fix when everyone thing works fine. We will keep trying . Thanks

Latest posts

Back