Non MP3 ECU

I have one in my passenger side door panel and one in Muff's p5.

the only thing different between the two is timing.(fuel maps are the same so your gas mileage will be the same) The only advantage would be using regular gas. And with mid grade being only .10 more then regular it will take you about 500 gallons of gas to make up the price of the ecu.

putting a non-MP3 ecu into an MP3 with throw a CEL, since the MP3 does not have the VTCS system and the non-MP3 ecu will be looking for it. and, i have one sitting around collecting dust, too.

I'm being told from other people you dont even need to put mid or premium grade gas in the Mp3. You are going to be dumping away money for nothing. Don't do it.

If you put 89 octane gas in the mp3, the computer retards the timing by itself.

putting a non-MP3 ecu into an MP3 with throw a CEL, since the MP3 does not have the VTCS system and the non-MP3 ecu will be looking for it. and, i have one sitting around collecting dust, too.

all you gotta do is get a VTCS solenoid and plug it in assuming they didnt change the harness.

the problem i see with that is the knock sensor is only going to react to knock.

So why not set base timing lower then?

<---- not real familiar with non OBD-0 systems.

When I had it, I had to run mid-grade at a minimum. The 87 would ping, the 89 would only under weird loads every once in a while.

Back