NEWS!! s/c kit AVAILABLE $2700 bucks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm nope im not fully convinced yet, he does make an electric s/c and it DOES work but the whole battery thing with the recharging etc turned me off right away! im gona give him benefit of the doubt for now but im gona be very very cautious before any money goes out as i do see some have been screwed in the past, i will deff bring all this to his attention and see what he has to say thats about as good as i can do for now.

melicha8 said:
This is a dead end and you should just figure something else out otherwise you'll have ten unhappy customers.

There will be no customers. There is no Group Buy going on here. Again, promoting group buys without an AV/AMM status is prohibited.

I'm all down with the thought of this but really, this is supposed to be a new idea that noone else has ever attempted or thought of? C'mon, there's probably several reasons why this isn't already mass produced & in half the people's cars already. I bet they've even been covered in the debates earlier in the thread but I say go for it. Bring in the results, pics, kill lists & refine it up, THEN you might generate actual interest vs. dreaming of what may not ever be & a bunch of flaming. Good luck, test it out for us. Hero or zero comin right up. I just don't think most are willing to sacrifice their rides to the what if gods. Subbin for actual quantifiable results..............

Ok, I think I was able to clean the BS out of this thread. Finally. Lets try to keep it civil! I say let him try whatever he wants, and if it works, freakin awesome! No reason for personal attacks.

For any NEW project or proposal:

1. Lets not firehose the 'new guy with an idea'. Try not to kill the enthusiasm - but guide him. The same facts we need to be pursuaded are the same facts we need to provide to the New Guy so he can avoid a mistake we have already made. Or carefully consider - he just may be on to something. Don't try to jusitfy your turbo set up in this case - consider if your input is valid.

2. Kableguy - research the WOMP. There are lessons learned here. PM matty for what he would do different. Take a class and learn how to develop a business plan for instance - you will learn the how-tos to do a group buy or even sell them yourself. Any group buy is a dicey thing.

3. The first production unit WILL have problems. Can anyone afford to be without the daily driver?

4. If cost is the overriding factor - can you afford to rebuild or replace motor IF something goes wrong? Risk anaylsis. Probability and Impact need to be considered. Would The Bank of MomnDad finance a motor as well? If not - what do you do if the car is broke and you have spent all your money? This is what motivates us to go the 'safe' route with a proven vendor with a warrenty.

Lastly - if you total the car without a 'rider' on your insurance policy detailing the s/c work - you will only get blue book value for the car. And you still have to pay off the loan for the s/c...

Consider all the facts and make an informed decision before you begin. Bible says (in Proverbs) who begins a project without knowing if you can complete it?

-peace.

As an addendum, Matty's been banned for a good while now. Lots of reasons for that, just every1 associates it w/ the womp.

P-Funk, that's all good advice tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back