New Wheels for the CX-5!

I haven't driven a cx5 with 19s only the 17s.. how much of a difference is the ride?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just picked up 17 cx5 grand touring with 19 inch wheels dark in color and want chrome wheels where's the best place to get the stock wheels chromed ?

Just picked up 17 cx5 grand touring with 19 inch wheels dark in color and want chrome wheels where's the best place to get the stock wheels chromed ?

Sell your wheels and get new ones.

Or go to a place that does powder coating.

Or plastidip them yourself.

Noticeably firmer and choppier. Reminds me of driving a new BMW 3 Series on 19" wheels. It still has a comfy ride quality, but much more firm than on 17's. For me it's perfect but I can see others finding it too firm.

Seriously? I had them on my old Tiguan and they did awesome. They were quiet, good on snow, and they took forever to wear. I think I drove 50,000 miles before they were 4/32. I just thought since they were good on my Tiguan with 18" tires, they'd be good on the CX-5. What's so bad about them?

My experience was that they were terrible in the snow and one of mine developed a bubble in the sidewall at around 18,500 miles.

I'll grant they were decently quiet tires.

Replaced them with some Michelin all-seasons and my snow handling improved dramatically. I stopped slipping around in intersections and certain areas that I was slipping in with the Geolandars.

Edit: The weather here fluctuates too much in the winter, where a snowstorm usually lasts a day or 2, melts immediately and then its clear and decently warm for a while. So I don't see a reason to have dedicated winter tires here in Denver.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back