New to the forums!

⋯ When looking into Mazda's, it was impressive to me how much the CX-5 looks like the BMW x1 inside AND has a remote start!
If you really want remote start feature on your new CX-5, you'd better have a second thought! There's nothing on remote start from factory like 2017 Honda CR-V, but only Mazda Mobile Start available as a dealer-installed accessory. But MMS is slow to login (one said 4 minutes!), and you have to pay $65 subscription fee yearly! Just check reviews here and any other websites and almost all are negative reviews. I just saw the rating 1.5 out of 5 stars on App Store. Some aftermarket remote start may be available soon for 2017 CX-5 and some even integrated into factory key fobs, but you're under the risk of voiding the warranty because it's basically a hack.

As far as pricing goes on new 2017 CX-5, it's difficult right now to get $1,000 off from MSRP without factory incentive on GT with Premium Package. You should wait like others suggested if you're not in the hurry. Or get a heavily discounted new 2016.5 CX-5 GT which I believe is better in many areas.

As for extended warranty I'd always want a one from original manufacture. The price also varies widely for the same extended warranty as it's controlled by finance person. For Mazda it's Mazda Extended Confidence. I didn't get it since I prefer "self-insured", and in my case I feel Mazda Extended Confidence is more expensive and not as comprehensive as others such as Honda Care.

I should have said - I would not have bought most brands if the dealer was so far. If I could time travel maybe I would buy certain generations like 98-2002 Corolla etc. that are now known to be legendary.
I would not even buy a Honda now considering what has happened over takata etc. Imagine a single oil change is 5 hour affair - my time is more valuable.
I agree with you on most part but Takata air bag issue is not just on Honda but has affected many Japanese、American、and European cars including Mazda:

Takata Air Bag Recalls - Vehicles Affected

I agree with you on most part but Takata air bag issue is not just on Honda but has affected many Japanese、American、and European cars including Mazda:

Takata Air Bag Recalls - Vehicles Affected

CVT vibrations for 2015 and 2016 which was fixed but .....

Here is another article from a self proclaimed Honda Fan:
http://www.torquenews.com/1574/2015-honda-cr-v-vibration-fix-may-result-lower-fuel-economy?page=2

So what he says is either you get vibration fixed or get lower economy - I was surprised to see the CRV never hitting its EPA over 10 years. 10 years man.
I mean it was 24 combined despite having an older demographic userbase who were gentle on the throttle, CX-5 beats that by getting 27-28 combined in 2013, five years ago.

Only thing stellar about Honda is its advertising and the appetite of American populace to drink it.

http://www.torquenews.com/1574/2015-honda-cr-v-vibration-fix-may-result-lower-fuel-economy?page=2

So what he says is either you get vibration fixed or get lower economy - I was surprised to see the CRV never hitting its EPA over 10 years. 10 years man.
I mean it was 24 combined despite having an older demographic userbase who were gentle on the throttle, CX-5 beats that by getting 27-28 combined in 2013, five years ago.

Only thing stellar about Honda is its advertising and the appetite of American populace to drink it.

Fast forward to the 3.23 mark to hear the difference between. Mazda's engine with conventional auto vs Honda's engine with CVT. Noticeable difference in "character".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GErEF5medho

If you really want remote start feature on your new CX-5, you'd better have a second thought! There's nothing on remote start from factory like 2017 Honda CR-V, but only Mazda Mobile Start available as a dealer-installed accessory.

That's not REMOTELY true. Ha! REMOTELY! See what I did there?

For the umpteenth time:
Your dealer can install this factory system that uses this fob:
1481d1443100532-remote-starter-fob-img_3165-small-.jpg

That was available 2 YEARS before Honda decided to offer it. And you can get it installed on the base model, unlike Honda.

Since you only mentioned Takata on Honda and that's how I replied. I know and you know Honda has its problems and its sales is not growing like before especially in non-US markets. That's why I chose a 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT instead of another Honda CR-V when we needed a new vehicle. But I do feel 2017 Honda CR-V has shown Honda is making an effort to make thier vehicles better again. A friend of ours bought a top-of-line 2017 CR-V FWD Touring a couple of weeks ago after I suggested him checking out the CX-5. I asked him the reason why he chose the CR-V, he said the price is good at $30,000 before TT&L, has lots of more features, and he prefer Honda's better reputation! He also mentioned the gas mileage is "amazing" so far at almost 30 mpg for his daily (city) driving for the last 2 weeks! I checked their black CR-V with gray interior (which is always our favorite interior color but Mazda doesn't offer), and compared our CX-5 parked next to it after the heavy rain, I really feel our CX-5 interior is dated. I also like the speaker setup on CR-V's 330W 9-speaker Premium Audio System with sub-woofer. Both front tweeters are at the triangle corner of front window、A-pillar、outside mirror intersection which I believe is the best logical location for the front tweeters. Rear passengers also get a pair of tweeters mounted high on doors. Of course I dislike the wood trims on dash and the rear end of the exterior, but I do believe Honda did excellent job for interior space utilization just by looking at the door panel pocket design. And leather although is not perforated but feels real too!

We'll, another failed sales job for me ⋯

I actually thought it was and did check before I said that: nope. Not available in the 2017 either. Just checked now, it's also not on the 3. So it does look like the first US Mazda to get it.

(hand) Thanks 7eregrine!

Thanks for fact checking and confirming my mistake. I have to agree with you, as I just did the same, and I do not see any info on a heated steering wheel for the CX-9. I could not find the picture I recalled seeing...Canada pic maybe then?

That's not REMOTELY true. Ha! REMOTELY! See what I did there?

For the umpteenth time:
Your dealer can install this factory system that uses this fob:
1481d1443100532-remote-starter-fob-img_3165-small-.jpg

That was available 2 YEARS before Honda decided to offer it. And you can get it installed on the base model, unlike Honda.
Sorry, we're talking about 2017 CX-5 here, and the only remote start accessory I saw at Mazda web site is MMS - Mazda Mobile Start. The same on new CX-9 and you can go check all the disappointed comments made by those new CX-9 owners for yourself. Did I mention you need two ugly antennas on MMS?

BTW, Honda does offer remote start as dealer-installed accessory long ago, and there're many reliable aftermarket remote start available too. And for 2017 Remote Start on Honda CR-V, it's from factory and integrated with original remote key fob. You can't compare an add-on、after-thought、dealer-installed accessory like yours to CR-V's.

(hand) Thanks 7eregrine!

Thanks for fact checking and confirming my mistake. I have to agree with you, as I just did the same, and I do not see any info on a heated steering wheel for the CX-9. I could not find the picture I recalled seeing...Canada pic maybe then?

They have a pic of the 3's interior on the US website, and it shows the heated steering wheel button... they must have recycled it from the Canadian pictures, or another market.

Sorry, we're talking about 2017 CX-5 here, and the only remote start accessory I saw at Mazda web site is MMS - Mazda Mobile Start. The same on new CX-9 and you can go check all the disappointed comments made by those new CX-9 owners for yourself. Did I mention you need two ugly antennas on MMS?

That system wasn't advertised on the website for the 16's either. They are pushing the other one online, but this one is still available. Ask your sales guy.

(Really? Sorry?)

Test drove the 17 crv and ruled it out.Top of the line model but road noise was ridiculous.Hyundai was much better.

Test drove the 17 crv and ruled it out.Top of the line model but road noise was ridiculous.Hyundai was much better.

Sorry to hear about your CR-V experience. For me the 17 CRV was very quiet.
I sat in, vomited on the center console after seeing that interior and the salesman asked me to leave. Very little noise. But I got my Android Auto connected.

sorry to hear about your cr-v experience. For me the 17 crv was very quiet.
I sat in, vomited on the center console after seeing that interior and the salesman asked me to leave. Very little noise. But i got my android auto connected.

(lol2)

Went back to the dealership today to talk numbers and re-test drive the 2017. Talking with finance guy these are the extended warranty figures according to him:
10yr/100K bumper to bumper extension =$3000
5yr (15 oil changes) + multi point inspection, tire rotation, etc...=~$1000
3yr oil change, inspection, etc..= $659 (I believe 10 oil changes)

I sat in, vomited on the center console after seeing that interior and the salesman asked me to leave. Very little noise. But I got my Android Auto connected.

But fake wood trim is making a come back though!!!

Went back to the dealership today to talk numbers and re-test drive the 2017. Talking with finance guy these are the extended warranty figures according to him:

These are cray cray. Run far away...

(rlaugh)

Yeah, that CR-V interior is way too busy for my tastes. Not to mention that fake wood trim straight from the 1998 Grand Cherokee I used to drive. I'd (blarf) too.

Typically oil changes and inspection is like 35-40 bucks. Many times dealerships also have service discounts on their website so u can just pay for them when i actually service.

Sent from my cell phone

Back