Sell me on the CX-5

Hello everyone. I am finally in the market for a new vehicle and have narrowed it down basically to a CX5. I have always loved black on black vehicles and I have hit a wall on making a decision today.

I test drove a 2023 CX-5 Signature however they only come in the cocoa interior. Not sure if I could ultimately live with it. On the other hand, the Sport Design /w Turbo can get fully blacked out.
Is there much of a difference feature/spec wise between the Sport Design and Signature that I would be missing out on that you would say are critical? And is the seat design the same minus the NAPA leather? My local dealer did not have any Sport Designs in stock so I can not personally sit in one.

Lastly, I had a few minor concerns with my test drive that I didn't overly love about the vehicle. Steering was overly heavy and I was surprised during my test drive. And secondly the audio system. I test drove a signature with the 10 speaker Bose system and wow was it ever dead and uninspiring. I even sad in the dealership lot for 10 minutes adjusting/tweaking every audio setting I could to fine tune it and then test it with my music and was very disappointed. I basically would have to upgrade the audio system when I pull the trigger.

If anyone has any good feedback or could help persuade me one way or the other trim level wise and suggestions for my few concerns I would be glad to gear them.

Hello everyone. I am finally in the market for a new vehicle and have narrowed it down basically to a CX5. I have always loved black on black vehicles and I have hit a wall on making a decision today.

I test drove a 2023 CX-5 Signature however they only come in the cocoa interior. Not sure if I could ultimately live with it. On the other hand, the Sport Design /w Turbo can get fully blacked out.
Is there much of a difference feature/spec wise between the Sport Design and Signature that I would be missing out on that you would say are critical? And is the seat design the same minus the NAPA leather? My local dealer did not have any Sport Designs in stock so I can not personally sit in one.

Lastly, I had a few minor concerns with my test drive that I didn't overly love about the vehicle. Steering was overly heavy and I was surprised during my test drive. And secondly the audio system. I test drove a signature with the 10 speaker Bose system and wow was it ever dead and uninspiring. I even sad in the dealership lot for 10 minutes adjusting/tweaking every audio setting I could to fine tune it and then test it with my music and was very disappointed. I basically would have to upgrade the audio system when I pull the trigger.

If anyone has any good feedback or could help persuade me one way or the other trim level wise and suggestions for my few concerns I would be glad to gear them.
You’ve ordered a 2024 CX-5 Sport Design Turbo and yes an extra couple of thousands for a Signature with the seat color you don’t like and the 360° camera you don’t care isn’t the money well spent to you.

Steering was overly heavy on the CX-5 which is the result of the “sport” nature copied from BMW, especially you’re coming from a Ram 1500 which has typical very light steering in American style.

We shouldn’t expect too much on Bose audio system either. Remember the famous quote: “No Highs, No Lows, Must Be Bose”? And people are calling Bose “Blose”?

I think steering effort of Mazda is spot-on, but this is very subjective.
Mazda's is close to BMW's in steering effort.
Not way to change this, though.
Inflating tires to higher PSI might help.

Audio... I am not an audiophile.
Just upgrade it to your liking.

You’ve ordered a 2024 CX-5 Sport Design Turbo and yes an extra couple of thousands for a Signature with the seat color you don’t like and the 360° camera you don’t care isn’t the money well spent to you.

Steering was overly heavy on the CX-5 which is the result of the “sport” nature copied from BMW, especially you’re coming from a Ram 1500 which has typical very light steering in American style.

We shouldn’t expect too much on Bose audio system either. Remember the famous quote: “No Highs, No Lows, Must Be Bose”? And people are calling Bose “Blose”?
Yea I made this post the other day in another section of the forums and it just got moved here. I decided to just pull the trigger and order the vehicle shortly after posting this. If I didn't I would have just kept going back and forth in my head and never done it.

Back