New to the forums!

1. Whats a reasonable price to pay? Usually somewhere between the invoice price and the MSRP price. An invoice price is the price that a dealer pays the auto maker. Each trim level, option, color, and accessory has its own invoice and MSRP price. The shipping fee is the same for both the invoice price and MSRP price. Total invoice price = sum of (trim level invoice price + options invoice price + color invoice price + accessories invoice price + shipping fee). Total MSRP price = sum of (trim level MSRP price + options MSRP price + color MSRP price + accessories MSRP price + shipping fee).

Invoice and MSRP prices can be found on various web sites such as kbb, trueprice, and edmunds. MSRP prices are also on mazdausas web site. Because the 2017 CX-5 is so new, none of the above web sites have 2017 CX-5 invoice prices published yet. Because brand new models are usually high in demand and low in supply when they initially debut, dealers like to ask for prices closer to the MSRP.

2. An extended warranty was a waste of money on my last car purchased, a Nissan 300ZX. I never had to use the extended warranty. The manufacturers warranty was sufficient. That doesnt mean an extended warranty will be a waste of money for you though. Weigh the pros and cons of an extended warranty and decide for yourself.

3. Yes. But by then itll be very close for the 2018 CX-5 to debut in the fall. Year 2 of a model generation usually has very few changes if any. Maybe a new color and minor things.

There arent as many Mazda dealers as there are Toyota, Ford, etc. dealers. Its going to be a 120 mile round trip commute if you need to take the car to a Mazda dealership for service. Consider this as a drawback for you.

Went back to the dealership today to talk numbers and re-test drive the 2017. Talking with finance guy these are the extended warranty figures according to him:
10yr/100K bumper to bumper extension =$3000

The only reasonable way to buy an EW is WITH the new car purchase. Get your best price on the car and then make the deal contingent on $1000 for the EW. It's all about your negotiating skills.

See: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...-2017-CX5-should-I-purchase-extended-warranty

Typically oil changes and inspection is like 35-40 bucks. Many times dealerships also have service discounts on their website so u can just pay for them when i actually service.

Sent from my cell phone
My dealer charges $75 for SYNTHETIC MAZDA OIL, Mazda Filter, tires rotation and tire and brake inspection.

Actual Mazda oil? I think my dealer switched to Castrol.

It might be $79, I will confirm next time I am there...
That is what I was told, but I have not witnessed them pouring it in so I can not confirm.
Also on the service repair order the Mazda Moly Oil part numbers are referenced.

However I am not charged anything at the services, as I had maintenance included for the duration of my lease.

Last edited:
It might be $79, I will confirm next time I am there...
That is what I was told, but I have not witnessed them pouring it in so I can not confirm.
Also on the service repair order the Mazda Moly Oil part numbers are referenced.

However I am not charged anything at the services, as I had maintenance included for the duration of my lease.

Huh....that's pretty cool if they are still using the Mazda Moly oil. I was disappointed when mine stopped.

Mine are also free.

my mazda dealer charges $40 for an oil change and $15 for tire rotation. A basic service would be <$60

Back