New Sub/amp installed, sounds sweet!

Amoeba

:
Black 02 P5
I took the audio guru's advice from another thread of mine and went with the JL 10" W3v2 in a prowedge sealed, and an Alpine MRP-M350 amp to power it. The installer (AMS Car Stereo on El Camino in Santa Clara) did an excellent job. Amp under passenger seat, sub in back, gain control knob placed in that blank between the volume/tuning knobs in the stock P5 HU so it looks integrated and not just hanging off of something... top notch job all around.

Just wanted to thank the audio gurus (1sty, got wake, etc) and the input from everyone. I'm very happy with the results. Great SQ, better than good SPL. I *tried* to see if I could make the fucker distort but it actually took effort. w00t.

Now I have to go rattle-proof the damned car. Not that I'm complaining mind you...

Sweet :D A 10" sub is quite nice in our vehicles. That is why I had to have a hatchback when I was car shopping.

Get some pictures foo ;)

khaosman said:
Sweet :D A 10" sub is quite nice in our vehicles. That is why I had to have a hatchback when I was car shopping.

Get some pictures foo ;)

GF just had a baby. He's all of 4 days old and the camera is being held hostage by the woman who insists on capturing every single friggin minute. I'll see if I can steal it for a few snaps.

*L* just put the kid in the hatch.. ;)

Thatsaid, glad you wound up with a setup you're pleased with...

first order of rattlekilling: spoiler. it's much easier than you'd think, and makes sense once you're in there. pop the 4quarter-sized plastic circles on the inside of your hatch, I believe it'sa 10mm and pull the 2bolts and 2nuts, disconnect the plugs and you're in business.

from there on, it's a matter of Weatherstripping mostly. cheap fix, does WORLDS of good. shouldn't even be more than a 1-2beer job. search itup, it's been covered in detail.

Back