New FOGS for P5?

i dont like the grills on them. but piaa makes some damn good lights.
id get the 510 super white fogs.

chuck said:
New FOGS for P5?

PIAA 510
http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamp-pages/510.html
3 15/16" H x 2 7/16" W

The ads for the 510 kit say that it contains: Two lamps, wiring harness, relay, switch, and two black mesh style covers. For the mesh are they referring to that clunky grill work in the photo, or is there a separate metal mesh that goes over that grillwork? The grillwork looks like it might stop a big rock but rocks less than an inch across are going to go right through those big holes.

The 540's are closest in size to stock, but I'd only get them if I could take those clunky covers off of 'em. I think the 6" ones are too big, but I could be wrong.

I think the mesh-style covers are what you see in the pictures and are removable. The real question in my mind is whether to get the fogs or the driving lights. I personaly want a light that reaches out a bit farther in front of the car without blinding people. The more focused beam would be the best way to do that. I guess it depends on what you're going for...

Stock size

Our stock size is 5 3/4"
Included is a picture

Included is a picture to show how the housing corroded which then cracked the lens.

Attachments

• stock-fog-light.jpg
    stock-fog-light.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 755
  • old-fog.jpg
    old-fog.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 843
Here is how the stock fog mounts

Here is how the stock fog mounts

Attachments

• stock-mounting.jpg
    stock-mounting.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 812
I bought some yellow CATZ spot fogs from this seller on ebay for $85 for the pair. It is an amazing setup. Very bright, great mounting brackets, and comes with all the wires and switches you could ever need. Here is the link:

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

and here is a picture of mine installed:
5a17a9f5c3ca.jpg

94fe55aebd3c.jpg

you can do a mini h3 7000k hid kit. thats blue fogs, but tahtd proabably melt something, and just be annoying to other drivers

chuck said:
New FOGS for P5?

I was looking for new FOGS for P5 because DEALER wants $195 for one fog light, that does not include wiring or black housing.

Thats why we recommend using RockBlocker on any of your lights especaily with the fogs being glass.

I wouldn't think driving lights mounted that low would work the best. As a general rule, mount fog lights as low as possible (to get under the fog and reduce glare) and driving lights as high as possible (to project over what you are looking at and/or obstructuions.) Think of using a flashlight- when you want to see something far off, you have learned to hold the flashlight over your head, as that illuminates the object best. So, ideally, driving lights should be mounted on the roof (rallye-car style), or if you don't like that look, at grill level.

To stay legal, perhaps, and certainly to make best use of them, fogs should only come on with low beams, or at least go off when high beams are on.

I once had a car with both- fogs mounted low, drives high. Aftermarket wiring had switching that allowed fogs to come on automatically with low beams, drives automatically with highs, and override that allowed me to turn on fogs and drives whenever I wanted.

Back