New clutch

k-lea said:
It's the Miata dumping fuel at idle.

Good god! That's not good at all. I'm sure your cat loves that (what's left of it) lol.

Furthermore, burning clutches sucks big time. I'll be installing my third shortly into the turbo Miata.....and I've only put 140 miles on the car since I bought it. Methinks I have an engagement issue.

Let me know how the ACT works out for you. When do you get it installed?

Screw the cat, what about my wallet?!

Wow, going on a third is a accomplishment. You should get a trophy.

I haven't even bought the ACT yet. I am waiting on money so I can buy all parts together instead of playing the back and forth game. I've heard good things about the ACT so far but I'm calling businesses who want to sell a product so trust is a issue.

k-lea said:
Screw the cat, what about my wallet?!

No doubt.

k-lea said:
Wow, going on a third is a accomplishment. You should get a trophy.

Yes, yes I should, but a working clutch would rock.

k-lea said:
I haven't even bought the ACT yet. I am waiting on money so I can buy all parts together instead of playing the back and forth game. I've heard good things about the ACT so far but I'm calling businesses who want to sell a product so trust is a issue.

Good call. Buying from a single source makes things so much easier.

I'm weighing my options between ACT and Spec right now. I need to make a decision soon.

k-lea said:
What have you been using?

The first was the stocker, the second was a Centerforce dual-friction.

Red lining fifth gear can be fun.....if the car was actually putting the power to the ground.

k-lea said:
Ouch. I haven't even heard/seen the Centerforce Dual-Friction..

Prod_DF

Honestly, I don't blame the clutch. At the same time, I don't want to chance the "what if".

k-lea said:
I thought I did, for once everything was running fine minus plugs that needed to be changed. Then I had a little field day and that's when it began slipping. The poor car owner that I am, I ignored it thinking really nothing of it. But I think when you accelerate and your rpms go nuts but you aren't going anywhere, THEN you have major issues. It wasn't near as bad as it is now, but I have to admit, I am about as inlove with the smell of burnt clutch as I am with gas.

HAHAH ya sounds like my bike after during a series of noob burn outs.. luckly i was able to get it adjusted back to normal :)

oh my god, 3 clutches in 140 miles?!!?

I thought I was a bad, bad man... I've developed a very bad habit of slipping my clutch a little to smoothe out my un-smoothe lead throttle foot... (and have caught myself slipping my clutch to stay in one spot, waiting for the light to turn green, while on a hill instead of using brakes... i'm working very very hard to break my clutch-slipping addiction now that i've caught the autocross bug [which is what caused me to notice my use of the clutch to smoothe out my gassing it... my sense of smell seems to be a lot more refined than my sense of knowing what my feet are doing...])

I may not be turbo'd, but I certainly have abused the heck out of my clutch... far above and beyond the call of duty... so I gotta highly recommend Racingbeat's products, since they seem to take a licking... theres about 30k miles on this clutch (about 10k of them being me, it was on the car when i bought it [but i know the previous owner, and remember when it was installed]), and my previous miata i put about 40k miles on the same racingbeat parts while abusing the clutch badly, without the clutch even seeming to age...

Last edited:
k-lea said:
Did some math;

$1324 and some change + some other small goodies I am getting along the way.

This is for a clutch and installation? What else?

k-lea said:
I thought you knew I was knocking out the flywheel and line while I was at it..

That still seems like a boat load of cash for such.

Back