New clutch

k-lea said:
My goal for the Miata is 350rwhp. It's a rather easy thing to reach considering the turbo will be upgraded but I am sort of iffy with it. I will be the FIRST to say that I am still learning this car and it does pull some tricks on me here and there.

Also, I've heard the stories of a 450rwhp Miata (Warren, represent!) and how it's a bia to drive and deal with. I want my car to be driveable and I believe if I slap 350 on there it won't be as fun to drive. Straight line? Sure. Turns? I'm not so sure about those since I already have to watch myself.

As far as riding my car so damn hard;

I drive the car like I feel it should be driven. Remember, this is NOT my daily vehicle atm. Miata's have this aura, should I say, about them that ASKS to be driven hard. I know that when it was my daily it was driven easy due to the fact that I had nothing to fall on.

I see it as I've dumped around 4k in this car and I want to put it to use. Isn't that what this is hobby is? Spending the money on your car and watching it grow in performance and fall at the same time?

I couldnt agree more with everything you said. I mean the miata is a nice, fast, small car that is freakin fun to drive. Oh, and they look great too.

eh, if yer gonna do 350rwhp, are you gonna change the rear diff gear ratio too? the stock gearing TOPS OUT at 125mph in 6th gear, you know that right...

If I go 350wrhp there is going to be more than a diff gear ratio to change.

So far the fastest MSM that I have seen dynoed is at 255, weak. It's easy to jump out in front with the Mazdaspeed Miata's or any Miata infact. The general demographic for these cars are males 30+ who are in it for the car not the modification. I have no problem with that, but it makes information hard to come by.

k-lea said:
My goal for the Miata is 350rwhp. It's a rather easy thing to reach considering the turbo will be upgraded but I am sort of iffy with it. I will be the FIRST to say that I am still learning this car and it does pull some tricks on me here and there.

Also, I've heard the stories of a 450rwhp Miata (Warren, represent!) and how it's a bia to drive and deal with. I want my car to be driveable and I believe if I slap 350 on there it won't be as fun to drive. Straight line? Sure. Turns? I'm not so sure about those since I already have to watch myself.

As far as riding my car so damn hard;

I drive the car like I feel it should be driven. Remember, this is NOT my daily vehicle atm. Miata's have this aura, should I say, about them that ASKS to be driven hard. I know that when it was my daily it was driven easy due to the fact that I had nothing to fall on.

I see it as I've dumped around 4k in this car and I want to put it to use. Isn't that what this is hobby is? Spending the money on your car and watching it grow in performance and fall at the same time?

well... if all you're looking for is raw HP numbers... 450 is rather modest for the miata's powerplant :) it can take quite a beating. (clutch/tranny/dif will need some help above 300hp, tho.)

Oh, and you needn't merely read about high HP miatas. Heres a video of a miata on a dyno topping 600 rear wheel horsepower:

http://www.globalnetspace.com/miata.html

As far as driving the cars hard...

My '99 is the only car I own, and it doesn't ask to be driven hard. It demands it.

I know of a few high powered Miatas. I actually believe I have read some about that one.

I do know that Miata's can reach nice HP numbers with little modifications but I want to do it right and as safe as possible. I can't even bare the thought of blowing my motor although I believe that is in the master plan. Something along those lines will happen since I'm going to "test" things out a bit.

We shall see. Hopefully by late summer, early winter, I will have the new turbo on there.

ZoomZoomH said:
so how much power does it put down right now, when it was running :p

I haven't really gotten a good dyno in. When I was running a few mods I was at 183 or so. Now that I have so much done to it and running 14psi I am going to put a good guess in at around 210-215.

350whp ehh!! Nice kristin, I'm looking to make that much too. I hope she stops breaking on you because I want to see a 350whp msm ownZing some fast cars. What type of turbo are you going to use, 28RS??

Ok. The plan..

ACT Clutch
Waiting on Aric for conformation on Flywheel
and Braided SS Line

Here is something to giggle about:

rich.jpg

It took some people a minute to figure out.

Back