New clutch

k-lea

Banned
:
2005 GTO
Well, folks, I finally killed the clutch. I know exactly when I did it but it got worse when I went down to a friends house and we tuned the car. No more Miata ONCE again.

I have the uberest bad luck with this thing.

ok I enact a mandatory ban on shopping for girly things (except for essential personal hygeine products) until your car is back on the road. we don't need a repeat of the crazy long no miata period you just went through :p

Kansei said:
ok I enact a mandatory ban on shopping for girly things (except for essential personal hygeine products) until your car is back on the road. we don't need a repeat of the crazy long no miata period you just went through :p

No crap. I went shopping for the last time in a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time Friday night. Now, once again, I'm where I hate to be and that's spending all the money on the Miata.

All the trouble usually hits u all at once...

When u break through, you'll be happier than evar :)

I am.

I thought I did, for once everything was running fine minus plugs that needed to be changed. Then I had a little field day and that's when it began slipping. The poor car owner that I am, I ignored it thinking really nothing of it. But I think when you accelerate and your rpms go nuts but you aren't going anywhere, THEN you have major issues. It wasn't near as bad as it is now, but I have to admit, I am about as inlove with the smell of burnt clutch as I am with gas.

you should buy a $2500 miata and save the rest for breaking stuff

No can do, my friend. I love the MSM too much and I keep getting closer to my goal. Why stop now?

jeg0024 said:
Its ok...ive already got e-b**** slapped by Kristin so many times it dont hurt anymore lol.

lol, It seems like everyone is friends with Kristin...

I want to be in the cool kids club too

yashart_mp3 said:

Yeah...shes cool. She just needs to stop riding her car so damn hard lol.

yashart_mp3 said:

First I get kicked out of the cam group buy thread, then I realize I'm not in the cool kids club.. man today has been rough.

if I was a drinkin man I think this is where I'd kick one back or however that would be phrased.

instead I'll have the rest of this delicious evian.

Kansei said:
or maybe you like the pain (ughdance)

Well I haven't had a gf to b**** at me for about 10 months now so im in withdraw I guess you could say.

Kristin, hope nothing else breaks on your car and im sorry for the thread jack:)

I feel like I'm one of the leghumpers because I'm helping make this thread ridiculously long for no good reason :p

Kansei said:
I feel like I'm one of the leghumpers because I'm helping make this thread ridiculously long for no good reason :p

You are lol, and im trying to stop as well...but I cant lol. Maybe we should all make an aim chat room and stop jacking threads?

My goal for the Miata is 350rwhp. It's a rather easy thing to reach considering the turbo will be upgraded but I am sort of iffy with it. I will be the FIRST to say that I am still learning this car and it does pull some tricks on me here and there.

Also, I've heard the stories of a 450rwhp Miata (Warren, represent!) and how it's a bia to drive and deal with. I want my car to be driveable and I believe if I slap 350 on there it won't be as fun to drive. Straight line? Sure. Turns? I'm not so sure about those since I already have to watch myself.

As far as riding my car so damn hard;

I drive the car like I feel it should be driven. Remember, this is NOT my daily vehicle atm. Miata's have this aura, should I say, about them that ASKS to be driven hard. I know that when it was my daily it was driven easy due to the fact that I had nothing to fall on.

I see it as I've dumped around 4k in this car and I want to put it to use. Isn't that what this is hobby is? Spending the money on your car and watching it grow in performance and fall at the same time?

Back