New 2017 CX-5 Revealed

Mattyredsox- where was the CD drive located? On my previous Mazda 3, the slot for the CD was below the HVAC controls. I suppose there could still be a slot there in the 2017s, but it's too hard to tell from dash photo on this page:

https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/2017-cx-5

It's located right below the touch screen and above the two center vents, a very thin slot. It's a DVD player, but our sales guy had a Miles Davis CD in it when we test drove it the second time.

It's located right below the touch screen and above the two center vents, a very thin slot. It's a DVD player, but our sales guy had a Miles Davis CD in it when we test drove it the second time.
Is it possible to list your Bose speaker configuration for us? We saw 11-speaker setup for Bose in Japan, but we get 10 speakers. Which one is missing that's our question ⋯ (uhm)

Pricing and details on the 2017 released today. I am making fun of the CRV fanbois here that said MAZDA GOT BEAT by that 2017 CRV.
;)

[SUB][/SUB]CD player only exists in Japanese version CX-5 presumably with 11-speaker Bose:

attachment.php

View attachment 216070

Are those wheels stock in Japan?

Think its the subwoofer. Maybe the japanese spec cars come with spare tire and ours do not? The sub is placed in the centre of the spare tire I think.

Pricing and details on the 2017 released today. I am making fun of the CRV fanbois here that said MAZDA GOT BEAT by that 2017 CRV.
;)

certainly still looks to be that way now that the official feature, mpg and pricing it out.

someone had the audacity in this thread or was it another to say apples and oranges the crv and cx5 and how they didn't compete. im still LOL on that.
now that everything is official, just on paper alone the crv is already the winner. we have to wait on official reviews to see by how much. but feature spec the crv is the winner. esp for those potential crv owners only opting for the top of the line touring model. Nice thing about the top of the line cx5 is it comes with nicer and bigger wheels. so unless the handling, braking, and other driving dynamics is at least 2x superior than that of the new 17 crv (because offical test already show its superior than the first gen--i believe see car and driver reviews), then it wont have much to really brag about. its ok that the cx5 comes in 2nd fo this generation's competition--or maybe 3rd because the new rav4 is pretty good.

So what's your endgame here? Do you really think you are going to convince even one of us that the CRV is even remotely superior? Do you just liker thinking you're all superior to us because you know cars better then we do? I don't understand you. Not many iof us think the CRV is even remotely as nice and there have been numerous well written and thought out posts regarding that.

You can continue to troll all you want. I'm done feeding you.

certainly still looks to be that way now that the official feature, mpg and pricing it out.

someone had the audacity in this thread or was it another to say apples and oranges the crv and cx5 and how they didn't compete. im still LOL on that.
now that everything is official, just on paper alone the crv is already the winner. we have to wait on official reviews to see by how much. but feature spec the crv is the winner. esp for those potential crv owners only opting for the top of the line touring model. Nice thing about the top of the line cx5 is it comes with nicer and bigger wheels. so unless the handling, braking, and other driving dynamics is at least 2x superior than that of the new 17 crv (because offical test already show its superior than the first gen--i believe see car and driver reviews), then it wont have much to really brag about. its ok that the cx5 comes in 2nd fo this generation's competition--or maybe 3rd because the new rav4 is pretty good.

I'll never be convinced that a CR-V isn't a grandma car. Honestly it was the absolute worst one I test drove back when I was shopping cars. Maybe they've changed it now, but I don't care to look. At the very least it's still fugly as sin. CX-5 drives the way I like, and looks beautiful.

I'll never be convinced that a CR-V isn't a grandma car. Honestly it was the absolute worst one I test drove back when I was shopping cars. Maybe they've changed it now, but I don't care to look. At the very least it's still fugly as sin. CX-5 drives the way I like, and looks beautiful.

Another proof it is not as spirited is the drive train - which is main contributor towards driving experience - the CRV is good for getting on hwy and putting it in cruise - it will get you 30+ mpg but the minute you do mixed driving, accelerate like a normal auto enthusiast the mpg drops to 20. So for a more city / suburban user you will see a combined mpg of 24 or 26 - Honda has a reputation of missing its EPA by 2-3 mpg, this time its done it by 3~4 mpg so that is standard with them.

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder but the CRV is getting uglier and uglier. What is Honda doing these days? They used to make such elegant driver cars: NSX, S2000, Civic hatch, Integra. I acknowledge that their cars on paper are great, but I just wouldn't buy one myself.

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder but the CRV is getting uglier and uglier. What is Honda doing these days? They used to make such elegant driver cars: NSX, S2000, Civic hatch, Integra. I acknowledge that their cars on paper are great, but I just wouldn't buy one myself.

Agreed.

I'm 26, not single anymore, but was when I bought the CX-5 4 years ago, I love driving.

Why the hell would I want a CR-V?

Dude, put down the crack pipe.

It's quite entertaining to read all the CR-V vs CX-5 on different threads during the last few days :) Although the two cars are direct competitors of the same segment, I think they're somewhat apple to orange as they have different target audiences.

If you can't feel and appreciate the design beauty and the fun in driving a Mazda, or if you can't even tell the different "feels" between the two cars, the CR-V is probably a better choice. And that's OK, as Mazda has stated repeatedly that they don't target everyone:

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/295007/mazda-aims-to-convey-its-maturity-quality.html
“We have been further clarifying who our target is,” Wager says. “You don’t want to talk to everyone because not everyone wants to buy a Mazda, and I’m okay with that. I just need a small portion of the people who really care about driving, to know about us, to understand us, and want to find out a little bit more.”

So yes, in some way the proud CX-5 owners are acting like fanboys defending something that the practical users can't reason with, but that something (driving matters) is the core of Mazda, and thus making it a higher priority in picking a car. Luckily we don't have to compromise too much for that priority, as the CX-5 is at least on par with other CUVs in most aspects. It's this priority that made Mazda invested in G-Vectoring and better AWD instead of having a bigger touch screen or a kick sensor to open the tailgate.

It's OK to have different opinions. From dissapointed owners to enthusiasts, that's what makes the forum great to have different perspectives.

It's quite entertaining to read all the CR-V vs CX-5 on different threads during the last few days :) Although the two cars are direct competitors of the same segment, I think they're somewhat apple to orange as they have different target audiences.

If you can't feel and appreciate the design beauty and the fun in driving a Mazda, or if you can't even tell the different "feels" between the two cars, the CR-V is probably a better choice. And that's OK, as Mazda has stated repeatedly that they don't target everyone:

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/295007/mazda-aims-to-convey-its-maturity-quality.html

So yes, in some way the proud CX-5 owners are acting like fanboys defending something that the practical users can't reason with, but that something (driving matters) is the core of Mazda, and thus making it a higher priority in picking a car. Luckily we don't have to compromise too much for that priority, as the CX-5 is at least on par with other CUVs in most aspects. It's this priority that made Mazda invested in G-Vectoring and better AWD instead of having a bigger touch screen or a kick sensor to open the tailgate.

It's OK to have different opinions. From dissapointed owners to enthusiasts, that's what makes the forum great to have different perspectives.

I'd plus you if I could.

I watched the entire technical video of their lead N.A. engineer explaining G-vectoring and instantly became 'a Mazda guy' even though I don't as yet own one. They 'get me'.

... instantly became 'a Mazda guy' even though I don't as yet own one. They 'get me'.

THIS.
I've owned 3 mazdas including my 2005 RX-8 (which I still have) and no other car company excites me like Mazda. (despite the fact that I daily drive a Bimmer)
I'll be adding a CX-5 to the stable and most likely an MX-5 early next year.

Just wait till you own one J.R, it only gets better from here.

I'd plus you if I could.

I watched the entire technical video of their lead N.A. engineer explaining G-vectoring and instantly became 'a Mazda guy' even though I don't as yet own one. They 'get me'.

I know exactly what you mean. I've watched his other videos as well, and I'm sold on their design philosophy.

I'd plus you if I could.

Right, that too. I've watched the videos (love the talks from Dave Coleman) and read the articles explaining the details of SkyActiv (engine, transmission, chassis, AWD, ...), Mazda totally got the technical nerd in me, that's something you can't find with Honda, Toyota, ... I love to tinker, to understand the stuffs I own. My laptops, speakers, piano, humidifier, ..., I know their specs/strengths/weaknesses, understand how they work, fix/maintain and improve them where I can. That's part of the joy of owning something. The CX-5 is the first car that I actually can get its technical details easily, Mazda is very different from others in term of being engineer-focused.

Similarly on this forum, I appreciate the experienced users sharing and discussing technical stuffs, how to fix/repair/maintain. I've learned so much about the CX-5 and cars in general. That's something I've never had before with a few Accords, Civic, Acura, Camry. Mazda sparked the driver in me.

Do I sound like a fanboy? I do, because I smile when I drive the CX-5, every little short or long trip.

Back