New 2008 MZ5 owner

Those new 08 front ends looks very sharp! Congrats all of you on a great ride! and jandree22 your new avatar looks great!

Here is a link to mine 08GT Sunlight Silver, bought in the Lower Mainland in November 07:

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3528427&postcount=6

The colour is more of a 'grey/white' silver than the 07 'Champagne' colour of silver.

Hey Radiohead,

How is the Sunlight Silver? Is it a neutral silver or does it have any hint of gold in it? I've got it and Black as my top picks for a purchase in YVR in the summer. It would be great to see some picks from you as the dealer only has a white model to see.

Congrats to you and the other new owners!

Thanks for the compliment. Once the rain stops in California and I give the car a proper carwash, I will take more pics.

this is way after the fact, but Thugus, that has gotta be the hottest 5 pic I have ever seen! Beautiful color and the facelift front-end actually looks pretty sweet!

Welcome to all you new folks :)

damn it!!! that's not fair.. hahahahaha

i'm in canada.. the only way i get 6 disc cd changer is with navigation package... so damn unfair.. hahahah

just finished the third tank of gas. This tank of gas, I got 517km before the light come on.
I did about 9.8L/100KM. Very good in gas. (I also did a lot of car warming dealing the cold weather in Calgary). The MZ5 is 1478km right now. I am going to do the first oil change.

i'm on my fourth tank of gas... i did 430km when the light came on.. but den again.. i barely warm up the car in the morning cuz i'm usually late for work.. hahahaha... i have about 13XX.. close to 1400.. and i fill up yesterday...

Rear ventilation system

Not sure if the issue raised by the first post was resolved. The wife and I picked up our '08 Mazda5 Jan 14. We were also puzzled by the lack of heat from the rear fan until we finally understood that it is a "rear ventilation system" only providing neither heat nor A/C but outside air only. Nearly froze our fingers off waiting for warm air to come out.

My first post.

tschin

Not sure if the issue raised by the first post was resolved. The wife and I picked up our '08 Mazda5 Jan 14. We were also puzzled by the lack of heat from the rear fan until we finally understood that it is a "rear ventilation system" only providing neither heat nor A/C but outside air only. Nearly froze our fingers off waiting for warm air to come out.

My first post.

tschin

Are you sure? My 08 blows A/C (refrigerated air) through the center rear vents and heat from the vents under both the front seats.

Here is a link to mine 08GT Sunlight Silver, bought in the Lower Mainland in November 07:

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3528427&postcount=6

The colour is more of a 'grey/white' silver than the 07 'Champagne' colour of silver.
Nice! It's my favourite colour at the moment, especially now that I can be assured it's not a champagne silver. Thanks for your pics.

Oh, can you or anyone recommend a dealer to buy my Mazda5 from in the Lower Mainland?

Now does anyone know if the Black is metallic or not? Richmond Mazda salesman assured me it was...I'd love to see a pic of an '08 in black, any black owners out there?

any black owners out there?

No, But what about a Latin American? Would it help? :p

Nope the black is not metallic... salesmen assuring stuff, weird, never seen that... :D.

Hope this helps:
3852754313.237216969.IM1.03.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...on=&doors=&car_year=2008&max_price=&cardist=0

Oh, can you or anyone recommend a dealer to buy my Mazda5 from in the Lower Mainland?

Now does anyone know if the Black is metallic or not? Richmond Mazda salesman assured me it was...I'd love to see a pic of an '08 in black, any black owners out there?

I got mine from West Coast Mazda in Port Moody, for no reasons other than they are the closest to home, Mrs Sparkybhoy was the one doing the initial visiting and they called up to say that the one that she wanted was in their lot.

I have seen a couple of 06/07 black ones kicking about the Tri-Cities. One guy has got dark tinted windows on his and it looks awesome.

I don't have the time to keep a black car clean! (been there, done that, got the dirty t-shirt) but they look great on a sunny summer day...

Back