New 2008 MZ5 owner

hey eddie (i think that's your name?)

no problem.. i'll be doing the hid in a few weeks.. make sure there's no problem with the car first.

i think it's stupid too.. mazda5 is low beam as DRL.

when i get the wiring diagram for the 2 cars. i'll see if i can email it to you so u can take a look at it. i'll let u knoe when i get it done.. haaha don't worry

Shop Manual?

Thanks blacktalon13! This forum provided lots of great info, and I really learned alot about the car's utility and quirks.

I have a big favor to ask: I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the shop manual that can provide a couple pages on how to take off the door interior trims and the rear wheel well interior trims. I dislike randomly picking at the trim pieces with a screw driver.

Thanks for all the help!

Thugus.

i don't think the mechanic look at the shop manual.. they just pry it out.. hahahahah... but i'll ask around and see if i can find it for u

I would suggest to post under the other Mazda5 areas, I'm sure other owners have gone through some of these mods and can help ;)

(inout)

Tonight I picked up my (canada) 2008 Sunlight Silver Metallic Mazda 5 GT, 5 speed manual, leather package, and roof rack. (dance)
During the inspection I tried to close the sliding door by pulling on the door (not the handle) and two small plastic pins broke off the rubber seal. The plastic pins are so delicate that I will sure break a few more within the next few weeks. The dealer immediately replaced the pins.

I was under the impression the Canadian GT came with an Ipod adapter but I was surprised to see it came with a auxiliary connector instead.

This week I got a ScanGauge II to monitor my fuel consumption. I will report my findings within the next few weeks.

You can get more information on the ScanGauge II at:

http://www.scangauge.com/
and
http://www.scangaugeCanada.com/

congrat radiohead. i have the same model as you, only in galaxy grey and in auto tranny.

*finger cross* i haven't broke anything on the car yet. just change all the interior lights to LED.

my first tank of gas, i got 514km out of the tank, the light came on at 480km and i drove till 514, den went to the gas station, didn't want to push the mazda5.. hahahahaha

Hi blacktalon13,
I got the same km as you did. About 480km the light come on.

i'm almost done the second tank of gas.. hahaha.. have to head to the dealership to pick up the futureshp giftcard from mazda.. i'm pretty sure u got it right?

the dealership probably kept the gift card and gave u 500 off on the car instead....

i knew the dealership where i got my 5.. so i got a very good deal on it.. plus the 500.. hahaha

but i heard alberta, u pay less on taxes?

I paid total of $29500 (inc. all tax and PDI and that $500 X'Mas off.) For my GT AT with Leather, Engine Block Heater, Floor Mats, Hood Deflector, Rear Bumper Step Plate, Wheel Locks, Tined windows and undercoating. Plus 0% for 60 months. What a deal!!!
The ad in Alberta newspaper only show $500 cash back. No Future shop gift card.

5% GST tax we pay only in Alberta. I bought my MZ5 on Dec. 2007 but we don't have to pay 6% GST. Only Pay the 2008 5% GST.

DAMN IT!!! why must i live in toronto and pay 13% taxes.... i re-work my calculation.. if i pay 5% taxes, my car on the road will be 29000. hahahahhaa.. i have connections.. =P

DAMN IT!!! why must i live in toronto and pay 13% taxes.... i re-work my calculation.. if i pay 5% taxes, my car on the road will be 29000. hahahahhaa.. i have connections.. =P

Yes but in ontario you don't pay 5 bux for a loaf of bread now do you

loaf of bread is 5 bux??? well i guess the expensive one does... i pay for the cheapie bread.. hahahaa...

well i have to fork out like 10 bux for a pack of smokes here

Tonight I picked up my (canada) 2008 Sunlight Silver Metallic Mazda 5 GT, 5 speed manual, leather package, and roof rack. (dance)
During the inspection I tried to close the sliding door by pulling on the door (not the handle) and two small plastic pins broke off the rubber seal. The plastic pins are so delicate that I will sure break a few more within the next few weeks. The dealer immediately replaced the pins.

I was under the impression the Canadian GT came with an Ipod adapter but I was surprised to see it came with a auxiliary connector instead.

This week I got a ScanGauge II to monitor my fuel consumption. I will report my findings within the next few weeks.

You can get more information on the ScanGauge II at:

http://www.scangauge.com/
and
http://www.scangaugeCanada.com/
Hey Radiohead,

How is the Sunlight Silver? Is it a neutral silver or does it have any hint of gold in it? I've got it and Black as my top picks for a purchase in YVR in the summer. It would be great to see some picks from you as the dealer only has a white model to see.

Congrats to you and the other new owners!

this is way after the fact, but Thugus, that has gotta be the hottest 5 pic I have ever seen! Beautiful color and the facelift front-end actually looks pretty sweet!

Welcome to all you new folks :)

Back